Hello, seven days ago I bought my Galaxy S8+ and want to know how to do a general Cache Partition , not app by app. I'm turning off the phone, then press volume up and Bixby keys, then press power key, phone goes on then let go(unpress) power key. Nothing happens, no blue screen appears, phone not go to recovery so no Cache Partition and Factory Data Reset options.
    05-29-2017 12:11 PM
    Hello, seven days ago I bought my Galaxy S8+ and want to know how to do a general Cache Partition , not app by app. I'm turning off the phone, then press volume up and Bixby keys, then press power key, phone goes on then let go(unpress) power key. Nothing happens, no blue screen appears, phone not go to recovery so no Cache Partition and Factory Data Reset options.
    Hold all 3 buttons down at the same time and keep holding even after galaxy s8 logo appears. Don't let go until you see the robot and then wait a minute and you will be good.
    05-29-2017 12:19 PM
    This works for me. Just tried it.

Make sure you turn off the device.
    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
    When the blue Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
    Press the Volume down key several times in order to highlight “Wipe cache partition.”Press the Power key to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
    After the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
    Press the Power key to restart the device.

PJRed2008 likes this.
    05-29-2017 12:21 PM
    Thanks Sir, I appreciate your help.
    05-29-2017 12:22 PM
    You can also clear apps cache by going to Settings, Storage, Internal Storage, apps cache.
    05-29-2017 12:24 PM
    Thank you very much , Sir.
    05-29-2017 12:26 PM
    Ok , I just do it and clean the Cache Partition. Thanks you all for your answers, really appreciate it.
    05-29-2017 12:38 PM
    You can also clear apps cache by going to Settings, Storage, Internal Storage, apps cache.
    This path doesn't exist on ATT S8. Just FYI.
    05-29-2017 11:31 PM
    This path doesn't exist on ATT S8. Just FYI.
    Try device maintenance > storage > internal storage > cached data.
    05-30-2017 12:47 AM
    That's the one.
    LineKill likes this.
    05-30-2017 12:55 AM
    That's the one.
    It just blows my mind what carriers do to our phones? Why in blazes Verizon decided they had to remove device maintenance is beyond me. Regardless, thanks to @LineKill for the correction.
    LineKill likes this.
    05-30-2017 10:00 AM
    It needs to be noted that there are two different, independent-of-each-other caches being referenced in this thread.
    -- One is the system cache partition, it is its own, separate partition dedicated solely to the Android operating system. Being part of the OS also means the user (unless you're rooted) doesn't have full open access to it. Typically we only can wipe it via Recovery Mode.
    -- The other 'cache' refers to individual app caches, these are temp files used by apps we've installed. These app caches are stored in /data, the partition set aside for the user, the place where all user data and user-installed apps reside.
    Wiping the system cache is relative to the operating system and its basic functionality, the distinction being wiping app caches only affects their respective apps. So two different things that require two different processes to manage.
    LineKill, jjinal and LoveMyPhone like this.
    05-30-2017 10:24 AM
    It just blows my mind what carriers do to our phones? Why in blazes Verizon decided they had to remove device maintenance is beyond me. Regardless, thanks to @LineKill for the correction.
    I have a Verizon S8+ and they didn't remove device maintenance. It's there if you view settings as a simplified list. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're referring to when you say "Device Maintenance"? Always a possibility.
    05-30-2017 10:37 AM
    yer right. How about 'hidden from normal view'? Regardless, as @Kalvin Kerns noted, it does affect paths to settings for other than Verizon users and therefore creates confusion.
    05-30-2017 11:01 AM
    I have a Verizon S8+ and they didn't remove device maintenance. It's there if you view settings as a simplified list. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're referring to when you say "Device Maintenance"? Always a possibility.
    Actually they did. Device Maintenance is an app that has features and functions above and beyond what Verizon has left remaining in the 4 seperate folders. However, some people like it the way it is, I wish Verizon would just leave things alone.
    PJRed2008 likes this.
    05-30-2017 11:11 AM
    yer right. How about 'hidden from normal view'? Regardless, as @Kalvin Kerns noted, it does affect paths to settings for other than Verizon users and therefore creates confusion.
    You gave him the right path using the standard list, I just gave him the path using the simplified list.

Since everyone has the simplified list and Verizon is the only one that has the simplified and standard list, I always try to use the simplified list when telling someone where to find a certain setting. However, there are even differences in the simplified list between carriers which make things, well, not so simple. Whew, speaking of simple, I hope I got all that rightツ

BTW, for Verizon users, you can change the look in your settings by tapping on the 3 dots and switching between the lists.
    Kalvin Kerns likes this.
    05-30-2017 11:25 AM
    Okay, interesting. I have not tried the simplified list as it worked for me the way it was. Will give it a try and thanks for the clarification.
    LineKill likes this.
    05-30-2017 11:35 AM
    Okay, interesting. I have not tried the simplified list as it worked for me the way it was. Will give it a try and thanks for the clarification.
    Anytime my friend! I know you like to help, this has helped me to help those that need helpツ
    PJRed2008 and Kalvin Kerns like this.
    05-30-2017 11:49 AM
    Actually they did. Device Maintenance is an app that has features and functions above and beyond what Verizon has left remaining in the 4 seperate folders. However, some people like it the way it is, I wish Verizon would just leave things alone.
    Ahhh ok gotcha, I was mistaken. I wasn't sure if Verizon did that again. I never bothered to look. I saw Device Maintenance in the simplified setting list and just figured they must have left it in this time. Oh well, Verizon will be Verizon... I do agree though, I wish they would leave things alone as well. I don't see the point in ever removing functionality for seemingly no other reason but to be different.
    LineKill likes this.
    05-30-2017 01:21 PM
    doesn't the "device maintenance" option in the edge screen clear that? my memory isn't decreasing so it must because I optimize my phone about 4 times a day
    05-30-2017 01:28 PM
    It needs to be noted that there are two different, independent-of-each-other caches being referenced in this thread.
    -- One is the system cache partition, it is its own, separate partition dedicated solely to the Android operating system. Being part of the OS also means the user (unless you're rooted) doesn't have full open access to it. Typically we only can wipe it via Recovery Mode.
    -- The other 'cache' refers to individual app caches, these are temp files used by apps we've installed. These app caches are stored in /data, the partition set aside for the user, the place where all user data and user-installed apps reside.
    Wiping the system cache is relative to the operating system and its basic functionality, the distinction being wiping app caches only affects their respective apps. So two different things that require two different processes to manage.
    You speak fluent Geekspeak!
    05-30-2017 04:45 PM