I've been reading through and haven't really seen this brought up, so I THINK I've discovered something new. Either way here it is.

If you have Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Scanner and Pattern Unlock all three setup (or, even just Iris, I haven't tested this alone yet) a quick way to unlock your phone is just to hold the home key with a hard press. It will quickly bypass the "swipe up or use finger print scanner" screen that displays along with the Pattern Unlock grid.

I'm happy I found this because I find it ridiculous having to press the power button and then have to swipe up at the Pattern screen.

Anyway, cheers.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-31-2017 01:43 AM
    It's actually an option you can enable and disable under Display -> Navigation Bar
    Cool Shortcut for Iris with Pattern and FPS Users-2017-05-31-13.06.18.jpg
    kevinpleasants and James8561 like this.
    05-31-2017 08:09 AM
    I've been reading through and haven't really seen this brought up, so I THINK I've discovered something new. Either way here it is.

If you have Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Scanner and Pattern Unlock all three setup (or, even just Iris, I haven't tested this alone yet) a quick way to unlock your phone is just to hold the home key with a hard press. It will quickly bypass the "swipe up or use finger print scanner" screen that displays along with the Pattern Unlock grid.

I'm happy I found this because I find it ridiculous having to press the power button and then have to swipe up at the Pattern screen.

Anyway, cheers.
    If you are using the FPS, you don't have to hit Home or Power. Just place your finger on the scanner even when the screen is Off or in AOD (Always On Display mode) and it will unlock without ever having to use the buttons.
    But it is a nice shortcut if you are using Iris Scanner or Pattern.
    kevinpleasants and PJRed2008 like this.
    05-31-2017 02:45 PM
    If you are using the FPS, you don't have to hit Home or Power. Just place your finger on the scanner even when the screen is Off or in AOD (Always On Display mode) and it will unlock without ever having to use the buttons.
    Indeed! Far as I'm concerned this is the superous duperous thing about the S8s.
    justafew likes this.
    05-31-2017 03:02 PM
    I figured it wouldn't be as interesting as I thought.
    I was just so happy to find that I didn't have to 1.)Press Power Button 2.)Swipe Up 3.)Let Iris Scan
    It's so simple to just hold the Home button down, and all those steps listed above occur in about 1/2 a second. It's great.

I use the Fingerprint Sensor and "Hold Home Button" methods interchangeable, depending on how I'm holding the phone at any given moment.
    05-31-2017 10:44 PM
    I figured it wouldn't be as interesting as I thought.
    I was just so happy to find that I didn't have to 1.)Press Power Button 2.)Swipe Up 3.)Let Iris Scan
    It's so simple to just hold the Home button down, and all those steps listed above occur in about 1/2 a second. It's great.

I use the Fingerprint Sensor and "Hold Home Button" methods interchangeable, depending on how I'm holding the phone at any given moment.
    If you are using the Iris Scanner, you can set it up so you do not need to swipe after pressing the power button. You can just push the power button and the iris scanner kicks in automatically and unlocks the phone.

To do this, go to "Settings", "Lock Screen and security", "Iris Scanner" then turn on "Iris unlock when Screen turns on".
    06-01-2017 12:15 PM
    Indeed! Far as I'm concerned this is the superous duperous thing about the S8s.
    This is what blew me away about the LG V20 when I got that. I was like wow, this is amazing! I barely ever even saw the lock screen on that phone. Before I got my S8+, I made sure that I would be able to unlock with the FPS without waking the device. I honestly would not have bought the S8+ if it was lacking this.
    PJRed2008 likes this.
    06-01-2017 12:21 PM
    I was like wow, this is amazing! I barely ever even saw the lock screen on that phone.
    yeah, now all we have to worry about is wearing a hole through the FPS
    06-01-2017 12:26 PM
    Al3Azim! Excellent man thanks so much! I honestly would have never found that setting for a long time! Wouldn't have even looked!
    THIS is exactly what I wanted! Thanks man
    06-02-2017 02:44 AM