To those who think you don't need a screen protector for S8

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes you do. Unless [you're] okay with fine scratches.
No, I don't. Sorry about your scratches, but what they show is that you need a screen protector, not that I need a screen protector. When I examine my screen under bright light, I do not see those marks.

Last edited:

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I've been told repeatedly that jewelers cannot buff out scratches I would love to know that the opposite was true.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm okay with fine scratches. I will be keeping this phone 5 more months max.
+1

Another point I forgot to make when I started a thread on sometimes it's good when you don't have a choice.

I'm not about to put this under a microscope...under a light.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The glass is not scratching. It's the Oleophobic coating.
How do you know that it's even possible for the coating to exhibit visible scratches? Source, please?

Everyone will see these eventually over time if they look hard enough.
How do you know? I've been told that about each of my phones, and it simply hasn't happened.

Last edited:

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Mine is in and out of my pocket a lot during the day, I am pretty rough on my phones, I don't use a screen protector and have no scratches

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Not a single scratch of any kind, been using it without a protector 99% of the time. This is what happens OP, when you keep your phone in a pocket without making sure it's free of coins, keys and dirt.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Zero scratches on my 8+ and had since launch. Even fine scratches would stand out with Gear VR.

Belt loop case FTW! Nerds rejoice!!

nycundrgrnd

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I had a case on since my 8+ came out of the box. Nothing on the screen. When I put my phone in a pocket (pants, jacket) it is THE ONLY item in that pocket. Simply makes NO sense to force a thunderdome cage match between a $1,000 phone and some keys. And who TF has pockets full of abasive sand! Might I suggest one stop crawling around on the ground or pouring fistfuls of gravel in your pockets. Hell try turning the pockets out at laundry time...

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had a case on since my 8+ came out of the box. Nothing on the screen. When I put my phone in a pocket (pants, jacket) it is THE ONLY item in that pocket. Simply makes NO sense to force a thunderdome cage match between a $1,000 phone and some keys. And who TF has pockets full of abasive sand! Might I suggest one stop crawling around on the ground or pouring fistfuls of gravel in your pockets. Hell try turning the pockets out at laundry time...

It just take one accidental scratch. Might not happen now, but eventually will.