S8 not getting email pushed to me

carpdoctor

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't receive my gmail notifications. Actually I don't receive email unless I manually sync my account. Then I receive my email and a notification. Is seems like the push feature is not working.

This worked fine until a few days ago. I saw post about the battery optimize feature, that didnt' help. I can't seem to find any settings about email push. all my sync setting are on that I can find.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I checked my samsung email app and mine us set to auto push. Try to delete the account, and set it up as fresh, and new if you haven't done that already.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find any settings about email push. all my sync setting are on that I can find.

Push is the same as sync essentially. I consider push to be immediate while sync is usually delayed. Others would probably argue that however. Looking at your statement "until a few days ago", can you recall something that changed then? New apps, upgrade, settings change? The battery optimize setting is the one that gets most, as you have that, and all the syncs are turned on under Gmail account manager, I suggest you might try your Google email settings online and see if you have something set to not send your mail. That seems strange, notifications aside.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Do you use any email clients or just straight email. I had gmail straight with the sync issue. I added the gmail into Bluemail an email client and now it syncs great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21