anyone get the AOD update?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
It's being removed from being part of the OS to an app that can live on play store by itself. Nothing changed.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
The changelog begs to differ.
Ok fine. How many people are going to notice this? :)
The main advantage is that it's a stand alone app now and could be updated and enhanced independently from the OS. that's a good thing.

WHAT'S NEW
[Update Info] - 2.6.77.4 -
1. Clear cover is supported.
2. The time's size increase in Image Clock.
3. The whole size increase in World Clock.
4. Fixed bugs.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Probably a placebo effect for me. I thought the clock looked a tad larger (of course this depends on which one of the preset styles you're using).

I do like how developers are able to produce AOD themes, but last I looked, there wasn't anything special to choose from.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok fine. How many people are going to notice this?
I noticed immediately. I had been annoyed at how hard it was to read the small clock was when using an AOD custom image. The updated AOD increases the clock size to what it had been in the old Note 7 AOD.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I got it the other day and I didn't notice any difference either. Maybe it's the style clock that I'm using. Definitely love AOD. It has been vastly improved since my S7 Edge.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
If it's larger than it's only like 1 Pixel larger lol, but honestly the size of the time was never a problem for me. Not sure why it required an update at all.

swanny1981

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Very happy with the update, made the clock on the Image AOD a little bit larger. Actually makes a big difference when glancing at the phone to look at the time. Almost switched off the Image AOD because the clock was a bit too small. See change in images.

Cubs AOD.jpg

Cubs AOD Update.jpg

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: OoPs! - AoD new version I check it out,.But if is just an
increase of the Clock size, not much interesting - Saw the

size shown in above posts: I guess I stick with the old-1
for now..! At first glance I don't like that (UBS) on the screen

To recap: AoD is good feature don't get it why
some folks post here -That wan to removed

Last edited:

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
How do you know if you got the update?

Mine was available in the play store, but you can also go into settings>lockscreen and security>always on display>about always on display

This will then show a screen with the current version of AOD and a statement that it is up to date (or update)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer