11-26-2017 01:51 PM
78 1234
tools
    I sense a certain amount of emnity. I'm not complaining about the money. And I would buy the phone again given the absence of the Note.

What I am saying is that I'm paying for features - which I suspect are expensive - which do nothing for me.

I'd like better speakers, a replaceable battery, IF blaster, and a damned stylus. (which would not be difficult to do).

I don't need a glass back to look cool or imitate Apple. If that floats your boat, awesome.

So I guess I am an outlier.
    You're paying for a Samsung flagship phone, which you would be paying for whether it had these features or not.
    06-04-2017 12:50 PM
    Never had a phone yet that I used all of it's features. Just the way it is with phones. But I do realize this going in and I still go in. My choice, no complaints.
    06-04-2017 01:52 PM
    I always buy 2 so that I can have one on display in a glass case at all times
    06-04-2017 06:24 PM
    Sounds to me the OP should have just waited for the note 8. Maybe they thought the S8 would be close enough
    06-04-2017 06:31 PM
    Mod note: everyone is allowed to post in the forums. If you don't like a post, please just move on. No need to comment negative inflammatory responses. If you feel that a post violates forum rules, please hit the report button. Thank you.
    ClintRo and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-04-2017 06:46 PM
    So....why'd you but the phone when you're not even using its core features?
    06-04-2017 07:19 PM
    I want to get one but heck I'm the other way around. I'd think it would have every feature minus the stylus for $900 bucks. No wireless charging no blaster. I saw a review on it but none the less I still want the regular version or the one handed version badly but I'll most likely wait until they go on sale like all Flagships do after just a few months and I'll happily stick with my honor 8 that is still pretty new to me being my second one and this one is a 64g. I'd be wasting money if I caved now but in 6 months I'll be more than ready bc when I handled the S8 regular size the other day I've not been able to shake it from my mind. So I eventually will be buying an unlocked version to replace my Honor 8. I think it's the best feeling phone I've ever picked up. I've also heard that touch wiz is more smooth and refined than both of the S7s I had last year that I quickly got rid of due to touch wiz. Its going to be hard to wait but I'm going to try to hold off as long as I can but I'm definitely getting one!! It's a beauty and feels awesome in one hand I know that for sure. I don't think they will ever reach as low as the S7s have become but they will go on sale at some point. Oh yeah the fingerprint sensor I'll definitely use but I hate it's so near the camera lens. Fingerprints on the lens of the camera will be unavoidable I'm sure but not a deal breaker for me. I'm used to a back FPS already
    06-04-2017 08:16 PM
    New concept: I'm not complaining about the price of the phone.

I would appreciate what for me would be more valuable features.

I have a whole list of desired features which I don't intend to argue about.

It's a work tool not an art work.

I apologize if my intent got lost in the wording. But, Jeezus, it's just a phone.
    06-04-2017 08:40 PM
    New concept: I'm not complaining about the price of the phone.

I would appreciate what for me would be more valuable features.

I have a whole list of desired features which I don't intend to argue about.

It's a work tool not an art work.

I apologize if my intent got lost in the wording. But, Jeezus, it's just a phone.
    If it were just phone, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Maybe an iPhone or Pixel would suit you better. Bare bones features and fast, clean UI.

Samsung phones aren't for everyone.
    06-04-2017 08:57 PM
    I've bought the premium Samsung phone for over 7 years.

It's not barebone features I'm looking for--it's the opposite.

Rather than a beta iris reader I would prefer a stylus that wasn't metal mesh. I don't even care if it fits in the phone.

What use is the S8 SNote app if I have to write with my fingers.

Again, it's not the price, it's the work features that keep disappearing. And if you think the speakers are adequate, then, we respectfully disagree.
    06-04-2017 09:35 PM

Rather than a beta iris reader I would prefer a stylus that wasn't metal mesh. I don't even care if it fits in the phone.

Again, it's not the price, it's the work features that keep disappearing. And if you think the speakers are adequate, then, we respectfully disagree.
    To be fair the Iris scanner is and is not beta for Samsung S8. The note 7 had that, but since it was recalled the S8 gets to finish the beta phase.

As far as stylus, the note series has that. I'm not sure what your referring to here, are you saying a stylus doesn't work on the S8 at all I've never tried.
    06-04-2017 10:23 PM
    If you have used Samsung products at all in the past you would know this to be true. The note is on par with the latest s series but they add an s-pen.
    We'll see. Note 7 was very dissimilar to my s7 edge!
    06-04-2017 10:35 PM
    Lesson learned: Let's avoid to get swing for samSung and

Media ads on new flagships: First step before buy phones is

check its features & play with the -Demos- Best of all

wait at least a month to read about the bugs,.Uhu!
    06-04-2017 10:44 PM

Then do your homework before buying a new, expensive phone. That's all we can really tell you.

I always do painstaking research on something before I buy it. I knew Samsung stuffed this phone with features a month before it was released.
    06-04-2017 10:48 PM
    Lesson learned: Let's avoid to get swing for samSung and

Media ads on new flagships: First step before buy phones is

check its features & play with the -Demos- Best of all

wait at least a month to read about the bugs,.Uhu!
    That's exactly what I do but I tend to wait a little longer than a month to really be sure it's what I definitely want. If you still want something just as bad two months later than it's only a matter of time before you get it and give in and by then you may catch a sale on it by waiting. Sure for the money the S8 is definitely missing some features but every phone does that these days. It's the way it is. The one thing that I'm highly shocked at is the lack of wireless charge. Samsung is known for that and has too much tech out there for sale that promotes it to make such a awesome flagship without that feature and more so at this price but I still want one so I'll hold back for now and wait for the right timing.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    06-04-2017 11:07 PM
    That's exactly what I do but I tend to wait a little longer than a month to really be sure it's what I definitely want. If you still want something just as bad two months later than it's only a matter of time before you get it and give in and by then you may catch a sale on it by waiting. Sure for the money the S8 is definitely missing some features but every phone does that these days. It's the way it is. The one thing that I'm highly shocked at is the lack of wireless charge. Samsung is known for that and has too much tech out there for sale that promotes it to make such a awesome flagship without that feature and more so at this price but I still want one so I'll hold back for now and wait for the right timing.
    The S8 does have wireless charging.
    Almeuit likes this.
    06-04-2017 11:26 PM
    The S8 does have wireless charging.
    This.
    06-04-2017 11:27 PM
    The glass back possibly has more in connection to wireless charging.

We all have our individual wants and needs.

Some are deal breakers and others not so much.

We all pick and choose which of these we toggle On or use.
    06-05-2017 12:50 AM
    i think its the most power packed smartphone in it price range, totally worth it. it is always good to have such feature, although not everyone uses all of them. In that case u should have get note 5 or a newer samsung budget phone in much lesser price.
    06-05-2017 06:50 AM
    Price, price, price. When did I ever complain about the price.

I also said I would buy the S8 again.

And I have the Note 3, 4 and 5. And I still use the S8 as my preferred device.

I simply pointed out that FOR ME the feature set of the S8 leaves alot to be desired for a work phone.
    06-05-2017 09:14 AM
    I think this is more of a consumer phone. The Note line is more of a work / stylus device.
    06-05-2017 09:17 AM
    Mod note: everyone is allowed to post in the forums. If you don't like a post, please just move on. No need to comment negative inflammatory responses. If you feel that a post violates forum rules, please hit the report button. Thank you.
    Out of curiosity, if "everyone is allowed to post in the forums" then why are you telling people not to post?
    06-05-2017 11:18 AM
    Out of curiosity, if "everyone is allowed to post in the forums" then why are you telling people not to post?
    Because the way that some members are posting in this thread violates forum rules. As such, it would be better to not post if your reply is going to violate forum rules. Thank you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-05-2017 11:21 AM
    As Sydney said if it starts to violate rules that is where we step in. If you want to discuss more as to why this is please send me a PM (Private Message). No need to to talk here and just de-rail from the topic.

Thanks .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-05-2017 11:32 AM
    I think this is one of the side effects of Samsung's kitchen sink strategy. Something for everyone, giant list of features to try to attract many markets - most people probably don't use or even know about a number of features.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-05-2017 11:34 AM
78 1234