Wasted S8 Features

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Wasted Featues

I don't understand the point of this post one iota. You're basically here telling everybody you just spent $850 for a phone that you have no interest in using. Ok then.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site

I sense a certain amount of emnity. I'm not complaining about the money. And I would buy the phone again given the absence of the Note.

What I am saying is that I'm paying for features - which I suspect are expensive - which do nothing for me.

I'd like better speakers, a replaceable battery, IF blaster, and a damned stylus. (which would not be difficult to do).

I don't need a glass back to look cool or imitate Apple. If that floats your boat, awesome.

So I guess I am an outlier.

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

I payed $850 for the S8 because I couldn't wait any longer for the Note. And I'm probably in the minority but I'm paying for features I have no interest in.

I don't use the iris scanner, fingerprint reader or lock screen. Could care less about AOD. I take few pictures. Et cetera. But you take away my IF Blaster, abort my S Finder, and cripple my use of a stylus. I'm paying for stuff I don't use and with every iteration lose what I do use.

But the Edge Panel is cool.

Am I an outlier?

Is this post for real?

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site

Though my original post was not intended as snark, now that I feel I'm visiting AppleInsider might I suggest Samsung sell a glass display case so that some can prominently display their phone at a prominent point in their home or office.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I sense a certain amount of emnity. I'm not complaining about the money. And I would buy the phone again given the absence of the Note.

What I am saying is that I'm paying for features - which I suspect are expensive - which do nothing for me.

I'd like better speakers, a replaceable battery, IF blaster, and a damned stylus. (which would not be difficult to do).

I don't need a glass back to look cool or imitate Apple. If that floats your boat, awesome.

So I guess I am an outlier.

You're paying for a Samsung flagship phone, which you would be paying for whether it had these features or not.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Never had a phone yet that I used all of it's features. Just the way it is with phones. But I do realize this going in and I still go in. My choice, no complaints.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

Mod note: everyone is allowed to post in the forums. If you don't like a post, please just move on. No need to comment negative inflammatory responses. If you feel that a post violates forum rules, please hit the report button. Thank you.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

I want to get one but heck I'm the other way around. I'd think it would have every feature minus the stylus for $900 bucks. No wireless charging no blaster. I saw a review on it but none the less I still want the regular version or the one handed version badly but I'll most likely wait until they go on sale like all Flagships do after just a few months and I'll happily stick with my honor 8 that is still pretty new to me being my second one and this one is a 64g. I'd be wasting money if I caved now but in 6 months I'll be more than ready bc when I handled the S8 regular size the other day I've not been able to shake it from my mind. So I eventually will be buying an unlocked version to replace my Honor 8. I think it's the best feeling phone I've ever picked up. I've also heard that touch wiz is more smooth and refined than both of the S7s I had last year that I quickly got rid of due to touch wiz. Its going to be hard to wait but I'm going to try to hold off as long as I can but I'm definitely getting one!! It's a beauty and feels awesome in one hand I know that for sure. I don't think they will ever reach as low as the S7s have become but they will go on sale at some point. Oh yeah the fingerprint sensor I'll definitely use but I hate it's so near the camera lens. Fingerprints on the lens of the camera will be unavoidable I'm sure but not a deal breaker for me. I'm used to a back FPS already

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site

New concept: I'm not complaining about the price of the phone.

I would appreciate what for me would be more valuable features.

I have a whole list of desired features which I don't intend to argue about.

It's a work tool not an art work.

I apologize if my intent got lost in the wording. But, Jeezus, it's just a phone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

New concept: I'm not complaining about the price of the phone.

I would appreciate what for me would be more valuable features.

I have a whole list of desired features which I don't intend to argue about.

It's a work tool not an art work.

I apologize if my intent got lost in the wording. But, Jeezus, it's just a phone.

If it were just phone, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Maybe an iPhone or Pixel would suit you better. Bare bones features and fast, clean UI.

Samsung phones aren't for everyone.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site

I've bought the premium Samsung phone for over 7 years.

It's not barebone features I'm looking for--it's the opposite.

Rather than a beta iris reader I would prefer a stylus that wasn't metal mesh. I don't even care if it fits in the phone.

What use is the S8 SNote app if I have to write with my fingers.

Again, it's not the price, it's the work features that keep disappearing. And if you think the speakers are adequate, then, we respectfully disagree.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Rather than a beta iris reader I would prefer a stylus that wasn't metal mesh. I don't even care if it fits in the phone.

Again, it's not the price, it's the work features that keep disappearing. And if you think the speakers are adequate, then, we respectfully disagree.
To be fair the Iris scanner is and is not beta for Samsung S8. The note 7 had that, but since it was recalled the S8 gets to finish the beta phase.

As far as stylus, the note series has that. I'm not sure what your referring to here, are you saying a stylus doesn't work on the S8 at all I've never tried.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site

:cool: Lesson learned: Let's avoid to get swing for samSung and

Media ads on new flagships: First step before buy phones is

check its features & play with the -Demos- Best of all

wait at least a month to read about the bugs,.Uhu!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Then do your homework before buying a new, expensive phone. That's all we can really tell you.

I always do painstaking research on something before I buy it. I knew Samsung stuffed this phone with features a month before it was released.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

:cool: Lesson learned: Let's avoid to get swing for samSung and

Media ads on new flagships: First step before buy phones is

check its features & play with the -Demos- Best of all

wait at least a month to read about the bugs,.Uhu!
That's exactly what I do but I tend to wait a little longer than a month to really be sure it's what I definitely want. If you still want something just as bad two months later than it's only a matter of time before you get it and give in and by then you may catch a sale on it by waiting. Sure for the money the S8 is definitely missing some features but every phone does that these days. It's the way it is. The one thing that I'm highly shocked at is the lack of wireless charge. Samsung is known for that and has too much tech out there for sale that promotes it to make such a awesome flagship without that feature and more so at this price but I still want one so I'll hold back for now and wait for the right timing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21