Wasted S8 Features

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wasted Featues

That's exactly what I do but I tend to wait a little longer than a month to really be sure it's what I definitely want. If you still want something just as bad two months later than it's only a matter of time before you get it and give in and by then you may catch a sale on it by waiting. Sure for the money the S8 is definitely missing some features but every phone does that these days. It's the way it is. The one thing that I'm highly shocked at is the lack of wireless charge. Samsung is known for that and has too much tech out there for sale that promotes it to make such a awesome flagship without that feature and more so at this price but I still want one so I'll hold back for now and wait for the right timing.
The S8 does have wireless charging.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

The glass back possibly has more in connection to wireless charging.

We all have our individual wants and needs.

Some are deal breakers and others not so much.

We all pick and choose which of these we toggle On or use.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site

Price, price, price. When did I ever complain about the price.

I also said I would buy the S8 again.

And I have the Note 3, 4 and 5. And I still use the S8 as my preferred device.

I simply pointed out that FOR ME the feature set of the S8 leaves alot to be desired for a work phone.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I think this is more of a consumer phone. The Note line is more of a work / stylus device.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

Mod note: everyone is allowed to post in the forums. If you don't like a post, please just move on. No need to comment negative inflammatory responses. If you feel that a post violates forum rules, please hit the report button. Thank you.

Out of curiosity, if "everyone is allowed to post in the forums" then why are you telling people not to post?

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

Out of curiosity, if "everyone is allowed to post in the forums" then why are you telling people not to post?

Because the way that some members are posting in this thread violates forum rules. As such, it would be better to not post if your reply is going to violate forum rules. Thank you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

As Sydney said if it starts to violate rules that is where we step in. If you want to discuss more as to why this is please send me a PM (Private Message). No need to to talk here and just de-rail from the topic.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I think this is one of the side effects of Samsung's kitchen sink strategy. Something for everyone, giant list of features to try to attract many markets - most people probably don't use or even know about a number of features.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

I think this is one of the side effects of Samsung's kitchen sink strategy. Something for everyone, giant list of features to try to attract many markets - most people probably don't use or even know about a number of features.

Most products are that way. I bet I use less than 5% of the features in Microsoft Word.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site

Don't disagree with your point about MS Word and relevance to phones.

But some features are so necessary that the surplus of other abilities doesn't compensate. For instance, for awhile WordPerfect had reveal codes and Word didn't. That was a deal breaker me.

Look, I like the S8, I purchased the S8, I use the S8. But that doesn't mean that it's immune to criticism and that other features make more sense.

I'm presently making notes w/a stylus that has a gigantic rubber head. You can argue that I should have waited for the future note. Why? Samsung could have made the S8 compatible with an S pen type stylus. Instead, I get a beta iris scanner.

I'm not mad--I just see other opportunities available for a premium phone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Honestly, all this fuss over one person's opinion. Samsung makes phones for MILLIONS of consumers. One person's wasted feature, is one that another can't live without. So what do they leave out? They leave out what their research tells them the majority doesn't use. The rest? You can bet someone is finding some use in.

Don't like a feature, don't use it. But guess what? The rest of us just might be loving it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Honestly, all this fuss over one person's opinion. Samsung makes phones for MILLIONS of consumers. One person's wasted feature, is one that another can't live without. So what do they leave out? They leave out what their research tells them the majority doesn't use. The rest? You can bet someone is finding some use in.

Don't like a feature, don't use it. But guess what? The rest of us just might be loving it.

If it's missing something you really really want, don't buy it.

??

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Don't disagree with your point about MS Word and relevance to phones.

But some features are so necessary that the surplus of other abilities doesn't compensate. For instance, for awhile WordPerfect had reveal codes and Word didn't. That was a deal breaker me.

Look, I like the S8, I purchased the S8, I use the S8. But that doesn't mean that it's immune to criticism and that other features make more sense.

I'm presently making notes w/a stylus that has a gigantic rubber head. You can argue that I should have waited for the future note. Why? Samsung could have made the S8 compatible with an S pen type stylus. Instead, I get a beta iris scanner.

I'm not mad--I just see other opportunities available for a premium phone.

But that's not really criticism to say the S8 should've had an S Pen instead of an iris scanner. That's more of a wishlist item. It's kind of out of left field too, especially considering the S Pen has always been reserved for the Note series of phones. And that's why people are critical of your opinion.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site

Yep agreed...... hence AC Forums! Keep up the good discussion 🙃

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

This falls under the "you can't please everyone" category.

Do I think the OP was foolish to buy this phone? No, he admits he likes it and would buy it again. Maybe the post should have been Here is what I wish it had vs Wasted Features. LOL

I like 90% of the features on this phone. One spot that I vehemently disagree with the OP is the Iris scanner. I use it all the time to unlock my phone and it can be pretty subtle. You don't even have to raise it up to use it... just tilt it correctly and look down, it will unlock. If it doesn't maybe you should re-register your iris. Mine work almost every time.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I also like the Iris Scanner. I only use it for this website that I log into. I don't use it to unlock the phone but I think it works very well.

One thing I wish this phone had is an IR blaster. It really bums me out that they ditched this feature on the S7 models when I had gotten used to it on my S4, S5 and S6 models. Plus, my HTC M9 and LG V20 had this feature. It was such a cool feature and worked so well. It was probably my main hesitation for trading in my V20 for the S8 plus.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

If you have used Samsung products at all in the past you would know this to be true. The note is on par with the latest s series but they add an s-pen.

Samsungs in the past had fingerprint scanners on the back? Narrow, tall frames? Screen Integrated navigation keys?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech