07-19-2017 01:09 AM
59 123
tools
    When I look at the iPhone home screen it just looks so 2007.
    06-08-2017 09:18 AM
    The only thing I miss is iMessage and FaceTime, since my whole family has iPhones. But I love my S8+. Wish I could get both of those programs on it.
    Wow i havent heard anyone use the word "program" in a long time lol.
    jjinal likes this.
    06-08-2017 09:35 AM
    The only thing I miss is iMessage and FaceTime, since my whole family has iPhones. But I love my S8+. Wish I could get both of those programs on it.
    I get that. My family does too. I'm just getting tired of making my phone selection based off their selection. Don't get me wrong, I think the 7 Plus is a good phone. I can make it work for me, but I don't want to "make it work" for me. I'd rather use the phone that I want to use.
    DMP89145, verks, amyf27 and 3 others like this.
    06-08-2017 09:59 AM
    I recently switched from an iPhone 7 plus to the LG G6 and now don't think I can ever go back. Yes the iPhone worked well and very easy to use but is just so boring. I gave my wife the iPhone 7 plus (she had the smaller 6s) and she likes the bigger screen.

Like others said I miss iMessage and FaceTime but Messenger solves both those problems pretty well. Even video calls.
    06-08-2017 10:12 AM
    So when Apple releases the next iteration of the iPhone plus, will the S8+/Android love continue?
    06-08-2017 10:27 AM
    Man that is tempting now! That's exactly what I needed to hear. The bad for me is that I use cricket and will have to shell out the retail price of this awesome device but I'm quite sure I'll be caving soon and giving in to it. I'm telling you it's the best one handed feeling phone I've ever picked up. I'm glad to hear it's not choppy and sticky like I know touch wiz to be and why I've never stuck with a Samsung long. I have got to get me one of these now and sell my beloved Honor 8 which EMUI is flat out awesome. If touch wiz has smoothed out then the S8 is by far the ultimate device right now. Thanks for your time and response to my questions my friend. It's greatly appreciated.
    I did not like TouchWiz much on my Note 4, to the extent that I rooted it and put stock Android 7 on it. That was just soooo much smoother.

The good news here is that the new TW interface on the S8 is IMO not just better than the old TouchWiz, it is on another planet. I like it more than stock Android. No choppiness, no sticking, just buttery smooth. Samsung absolutely knocked it out of the park.
    amyf27 and Qc_Anubis like this.
    06-08-2017 10:50 AM
    So when Apple releases the next iteration of the iPhone plus, will the S8+/Android love continue?
    If the next iPhone is just more of the same, yes. And if the info on iOS11 is accurate, it still looks as dull as ever.
    06-08-2017 10:51 AM
    I did not like TouchWiz much on my Note 4, to the extent that I rooted it and put stock Android 7 on it. That was just soooo much smoother.

The good news here is that the new TW interface on the S8 is IMO not just better than the old TouchWiz, it is on another planet. I like it more than stock Android. No choppiness, no sticking, just buttery smooth. Samsung absolutely knocked it out of the park.
    I just put Nova on mine and called it a day .
    verks and amyf27 like this.
    06-08-2017 11:07 AM
    When an Apple user posts to an Android phone using iMessage how often does the text fail to go through? I've never seen a satisfactory answer to this question.
    06-10-2017 06:10 PM
    When an Apple user posts to an Android phone using iMessage how often does the text fail to go through? I've never seen a satisfactory answer to this question.
    An iMessage can only be sent between two apple devices.
    06-10-2017 07:11 PM
    The Apple 7+ is an outstanding phone but I've always been amused that the bottom bezel is capacious enough to hold Post-It notes.
    amyf27 likes this.
    06-10-2017 07:14 PM
    An iMessage can only be sent between two apple devices.
    Got it. Thanks.
    06-10-2017 07:17 PM
    Do the others allow you to pay say an extra 20 or 30 bucks a month towards the phone balance? That's what tmobile does.
    ATT let's you pay extra or payoff anytime and no interest.
    06-11-2017 10:01 AM
    More than likely, as iPhone hasn't done anything new or groundbreaking since Jobs died. Apples innovation died with him.
    tr1ad likes this.
    06-11-2017 10:03 AM
    More than likely, as iPhone hasn't done anything new or groundbreaking since Jobs died. Apples innovation died with him.
    Thats the biggest issue I have with Apple. They keep changing the hardware and design just enough to seem like its impressive but the software has been completely ignored and therefor is seriously outdated. Its began to feel like using a dumbphone compared to the evolution of Android.
    06-11-2017 10:12 AM
    I get that. My family does too. I'm just getting tired of making my phone selection based off their selection. Don't get me wrong, I think the 7 Plus is a good phone. I can make it work for me, but I don't want to "make it work" for me. I'd rather use the phone that I want to use.
    I'm battling with the same thing. Everyone in my house and some friends use iPhone and after today I told myself I'm not going to base my phone choice off of everyone else (especially iMessage and FaceTime). I'm going to keep this phone because its a pure beast of a phone. So I definitely agree with you.
    amyf27 and cwbcpa like this.
    06-11-2017 06:55 PM
    Work switched over to all iphone. I was so uninterested after a short time I turned in the phone and got a Note 5 [at the time about a year ago] and haven't turned back.
    06-11-2017 07:03 PM
    Got it. Thanks.
    An text sent using iMessage to a non-Apple phone should default to SMS. That's how it works for us, anyway.
    06-12-2017 08:04 AM
    I agree s8+ roxx
    06-13-2017 08:02 PM
    Just switched back to the S8+ after about 24 hours. The iPhone just doesn't cut it anymore. That's a shame actually. It's a great device.
    I agree it is a great device. However, if you're coming from android you'll see just how locked down iOS is.
    06-14-2017 10:07 AM
    Day 2 of my experience with android and S8 plus....new to me, don't think I'll be rushing back to iOS in a hurry at this point in time
    cwbcpa and mgbosshogg like this.
    06-15-2017 07:22 PM
    Day 2 of my experience with android and S8 plus....new to me, don't think I'll be rushing back to iOS in a hurry at this point in time
    Saw you on iMore, so finally you did it, I thought you wouldn't do it. First time Android user you have a lot to learn, there's a lot of things you haven't even seen or use before. So I'd suggest you to look for any of the dozens of great videos on YouTube of hidden features and tips and tricks on the S8, plus the others threads here on AC for first timers, believe me it will greatly help to appreciate what Android and S8 can really do, it can be overwhelming at times but go slow, learn a couple of new things, master them and then move with the next couple of features and so on.
    cwbcpa and tr1ad like this.
    06-15-2017 08:07 PM
    Saw you on iMore, so finally you did it, I thought you wouldn't do it. First time Android user you have a lot to learn, there's a lot of things you haven't even seen or use before. So I'd suggest you to look for any of the dozens of great videos on YouTube of hidden features and tips and tricks on the S8, plus the others threads here on AC for first timers, believe me it will greatly help to appreciate what Android and S8 can really do, it can be overwhelming at times but go slow, learn a couple of new things, master them and then move with the next couple of features and so on.
    Well .... Everything deserves a chance now and then
    erasat likes this.
    06-15-2017 08:57 PM
    Well .... Everything deserves a chance now and then
    Yes, that's true, I did the same but the other way, being an Android user for the past 6 years I gave it a try to the 7 Plus and Apple Watch, for 3 months nothing but the iPhone and boy I was bored, if it wasn't for the Watch I wouldn't have lasted a month.

After a while I used the phone just for a couple of hours a day and the rest I did it on the Watch. Definitely not my cup of tea, I don't let a company dictate with some exclusive features the phone I want to use. Even with my wife and daughters with iPhones I barely used iMessage, we only use WhatsApp and basically never used or need FaceTime. So no big deal to me switching between iOS or Android.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of users that try Android for the first time coming from iOS and simply don't give it a fair try, they simply pretend to keep using things just like they did with iOS and that is just a recipe for a big frustration and disappointment, hence the reason I always suggest to read about the dozens of things you have never used and see this videos with all those tips and tricks and I always guarantee that it will change your perspective completely.

So, just go to the Member guides sub forum and you'll find great information to help you begin with the transition while learning all the neat and some exclusive Android/Galaxy S8 features.
    kevinpleasants and tr1ad like this.
    06-15-2017 09:52 PM
    Thanks man, I'll say that imessage and facetime wasn't a big deal for me even though I got my wife an iPhone.

For a fair trial I'd say it's best to keep an open mind
    06-15-2017 10:15 PM
59 123