07-19-2017 01:09 AM
59 123
tools
    I put my sim back in my iPhone yesterday but I don't think I'll make it very long. The 7+ is a fantastic device. It does everything well but after 6 weeks with my S8+ it's just not the same as b4 the S8+.
    PJRed2008, recDNA, burrzoo and 2 others like this.
    06-03-2017 10:53 AM
    I agree this S8+ is da bomb......
    kevinpleasants and H3aTeRzz like this.
    06-03-2017 11:38 AM
    I put my sim back in my iPhone yesterday but I don't think I'll make it very long. The 7+ is a fantastic device. It does everything well but after 6 weeks with my S8+ it's just not the same as b4 the S8+.
    Do you use both regularly
    06-03-2017 02:00 PM
    I haven't switched back and don't think I will this device is awesome in every way.
    06-03-2017 05:52 PM
    Do you use both regularly
    Just switched back to the S8+ after about 24 hours. The iPhone just doesn't cut it anymore. That's a shame actually. It's a great device.
    amyf27 and felloffthetruck like this.
    06-03-2017 07:00 PM
    Just switched back to the S8+ after about 24 hours. The iPhone just doesn't cut it anymore. That's a shame actually. It's a great device.
    I'm currently using an Honor 8, my second one actually and I've had my eye on the regular S8. When I first saw and handled it, I was blown away of how it looked and felt. However I didn't get a chance to test the interface which I've never been a fan of touch wiz at all. Is touch wiz any smoother in the S8 compared to the S7 and S7 Edge which I owned both at at different times but they didn't last long due to touch wiz. I really want a regular S8 but I'm curious of how smooth touch wiz is compared to last year's model? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I see you left your iPhone and that is saying something bc IOS is as smooth as butter interface wise. Do you mind telling me your thoughts. EMUI of the Honor 8 is very smooth and I love the interface but again I can't get my mind off the regular S8 now since handling it two weeks ago. Thanks for your time and info!!
    06-03-2017 07:13 PM
    lol. That escalated very quickly. You have been freed from the matrix that is Apple.
    06-03-2017 07:44 PM
    I'm currently using an Honor 8, my second one actually and I've had my eye on the regular S8. When I first saw and handled it, I was blown away of how it looked and felt. However I didn't get a chance to test the interface which I've never been a fan of touch wiz at all. Is touch wiz any smoother in the S8 compared to the S7 and S7 Edge which I owned both at at different times but they didn't last long due to touch wiz. I really want a regular S8 but I'm curious of how smooth touch wiz is compared to last year's model? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I see you left your iPhone and that is saying something bc IOS is as smooth as butter interface wise. Do you mind telling me your thoughts. EMUI of the Honor 8 is very smooth and I love the interface but again I can't get my mind off the regular S8 now since handling it two weeks ago. Thanks for your time and info!!
    I've never been a fan of touchwiz either although I've owned many Samsung devices. I usually use Nova Prime. I'm currently using the Samsung launcher on my S8+ and don't feel the need to switch to Nova. The stock launcher on the s8 and s8+ is much leaner than the old TW of a few years ago. I use Package Disabled Pro to disable the bloat and turn animations completely off in developer options. This thing is lightning fast and very smooth. I suggest getting the s8 if that's the size you like. I prefer the + but they are both awesome phones.
    cwbcpa and Qc_Anubis like this.
    06-03-2017 07:45 PM
    I've never been a fan of touchwiz either although I've owned many Samsung devices. I usually use Nova Prime. I'm currently using the Samsung launcher on my S8+ and don't feel the need to switch to Nova. The stock launcher on the s8 and s8+ is much leaner than the old TW of a few years ago. I use Package Disabled Pro to disable the bloat and turn animations completely off in developer options. This thing is lightning fast and very smooth. I suggest getting the s8 if that's the size you like. I prefer the + but they are both awesome phones.
    Man that is tempting now! That's exactly what I needed to hear. The bad for me is that I use cricket and will have to shell out the retail price of this awesome device but I'm quite sure I'll be caving soon and giving in to it. I'm telling you it's the best one handed feeling phone I've ever picked up. I'm glad to hear it's not choppy and sticky like I know touch wiz to be and why I've never stuck with a Samsung long. I have got to get me one of these now and sell my beloved Honor 8 which EMUI is flat out awesome. If touch wiz has smoothed out then the S8 is by far the ultimate device right now. Thanks for your time and response to my questions my friend. It's greatly appreciated.
    06-03-2017 09:23 PM
    I've been using a S8+ since launch, then tried to switch back to my iPhone 7 Plus and that lasted about 2 hours lol. Just can't do Apple anymore.

I let a buddy use my S8+ while I worked on a S7 Edge and BlackBerry Keyone and he has since bought one and put his iPhone 7 Plus in the drawer for good lol.
    06-03-2017 10:08 PM
    I was so impressed by my s7 edge I sold my iPhone 6 Plus.

Not even felt tempted to use an iPhone again.

So impressed I bought the s8 on launch.

My colleague at work with an iPhone tries to goad me with what his does.

I don't even get into discussions about it now and just smile at his attempts to justify his iPhone.
    Scorsone likes this.
    06-04-2017 03:54 AM
    I've had the s7edge and the Note 5 before the s8+. The note 5 has been notably smooth running. The 7edge. . Mine was glitchy, laggy, the notification pull down didn't always work, it got Hot often, it was too narrow for me, list goes on. S8+ I've had since April 19 and it's been stunningly fast and smooth. Small issues like apps occasionally closing but that's likely due to the app. Love it.
    06-04-2017 05:23 AM
    It's a great performing device. Last three phones I have were Mate 9 (also still have) 6p, and Honor 8. You will love the S8.
    06-04-2017 06:50 AM
    It's a great performing device. Last three phones I have were Mate 9 (also still have) 6p, and Honor 8. You will love the S8.
    You sound like me. I had a 6p too. I must get the S8 now. I also want the mate 9 too but I'm now stuck on the S8.
    06-04-2017 11:56 AM
    I switched back for a day, that's all I could stand it without my S8+. Lol. I'll use my i7+ for backup phone.
    jjinal likes this.
    06-04-2017 09:22 PM
    It wasn't that great or you never would've switched back 🙁
    06-04-2017 09:36 PM
    I switched back for a day, that's all I could stand it without my S8+. Lol. I'll use my i7+ for backup phone.
    I'm dying for the smaller S8 as it felt perfect in one hand and plus I love the looks of it. My second honor 8 is still fairly new so my practical side forces me to hold off for now but at some point I want to get this device.
    06-04-2017 11:09 PM
    I expected this OP to go differently.
    jjinal likes this.
    06-05-2017 06:33 AM
    Man that is tempting now! That's exactly what I needed to hear. The bad for me is that I use cricket and will have to shell out the retail price of this awesome device but I'm quite sure I'll be caving soon and giving in to it. I'm telling you it's the best one handed feeling phone I've ever picked up. I'm glad to hear it's not choppy and sticky like I know touch wiz to be and why I've never stuck with a Samsung long. I have got to get me one of these now and sell my beloved Honor 8 which EMUI is flat out awesome. If touch wiz has smoothed out then the S8 is by far the ultimate device right now. Thanks for your time and response to my questions my friend. It's greatly appreciated.
    Samsung and Best Buy offer 0% financing on the device for 24 Months. Still paying retail, but it's the best way to not take a huge hit up front, and when you are ready, can payoff the device at any time.

Best Buy: samsung-galaxy-unlocked-gl11781 - Best Buy

Samsung: Buy Samsung Galaxy S8: Price From $30/Month | Samsung US
    amyf27 and TheyCallMeBT like this.
    06-05-2017 09:48 AM
    Samsung and Best Buy offer 0% financing on the device for 24 Months. Still paying retail, but it's the best way to not take a huge hit up front, and when you are ready, can payoff the device at any time.

Best Buy: samsung-galaxy-unlocked-gl11781 - Best Buy

Samsung: Buy Samsung Galaxy S8: Price From $30/Month | Samsung US
    That's what's great about tmobile too-no Interest and payoff early donyou want, or just pay extra here and there as you want.
    06-05-2017 10:03 AM
    That's what's great about tmobile too-no Interest and payoff early donyou want, or just pay extra here and there as you want.
    All the carriers do no interest.
    06-05-2017 10:05 AM
    All the carriers do no interest.
    Do the others allow you to pay say an extra 20 or 30 bucks a month towards the phone balance? That's what tmobile does.
    06-05-2017 10:11 AM
    Do the others allow you to pay say an extra 20 or 30 bucks a month towards the phone balance? That's what tmobile does.
    Some do some don't.
    06-05-2017 10:12 AM
    The only thing I miss is iMessage and FaceTime, since my whole family has iPhones. But I love my S8+. Wish I could get both of those programs on it.
    amyf27 and bullittmustang like this.
    06-05-2017 07:10 PM
    Att does not. They want the whole balance paid at once. If I could make extra payments without paying the whole balance that would be great. Lol
    06-05-2017 08:29 PM
59 123