Google playstore will downloads apps over wifi but rarely ever using data

sonia3821

Jun 3, 2017
Visit site
I have a new Galaxy 8 phone and I Have been trying to download apps from the Play Store And it always tells me It's downloading but it Rarely downloads . On a good day it may download an app or two..I have Tried uninstalling Google play stores updates. Ive signed out of my account and signed back in. Ive checked my data usage settings.I've made sure that my data was not limited. Cleared the cache from google playstore. Ive got enough storage space. My phone is new so I don't have pics and videos etc ..This is getting frustrating..please help me.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

I have a new Galaxy 8 phone and I Have been trying to download apps from the Play Store And it always tells me It's downloading but it Rarely downloads . On a good day it may download an app or two..I have Tried uninstalling Google play stores updates. Ive signed out of my account and signed back in. Ive checked my data usage settings.I've made sure that my data was not limited. Cleared the cache from google playstore. Ive got enough storage space. My phone is new so I don't have pics and videos etc ..This is getting frustrating..please help me.
Are you talking about auto updates? If set to mobile networks being allowed it won't do it until the phone is charging. Once charging it will then auto download updates over mobile.

sonia3821

Jun 3, 2017
Visit site
re:

It's that nougat update..im not sure what that is but I called my provider and google. Google says prob should be fixed anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months.....really??!

sonia3821

Jun 3, 2017
Visit site
re:

When on mobile ? You can't choose to download one ?

It wont let me download unless I have a wifi connection. Since I don't always have wifi it could take days for me to download something on data..but I talked to google. They said I have nougat update on my new phone (not sure what that is)so I would have to deal with this for another 2 wks to 2 months. I believe it's an issue with google and not my phone because I download with the samsung app just fine..but they are very limited in what they have.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

It wont let me download unless I have a wifi connection. Since I don't always have wifi it could take days for me to download something on data..but I talked to google. They said I have nougat update on my new phone (not sure what that is)so I would have to deal with this for another 2 wks to 2 months. I believe it's an issue with google and not my phone because I download with the samsung app just fine..but they are very limited in what they have.
Hm that doesn't sound right. Yes you're on Nougat but that has been out on many phones for awhile now and I haven't seen anyone else with the issue.

Go try and download one now. After clicking install what does the progress bar show ?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

It just says downloading...it doesn't do anything else. No percentage done or anything
Sounds like another app may be trying to update but is on hold waiting for wifi due to being big. Go to the menu at the top left and then go to "My apps & games" and see if there is one in the list pending that says "waiting for wifi". If so stop that one and I bet the others will download.

sonia3821

Jun 3, 2017
Visit site
re:

Thanks. I just checked and there are none..i stopped the ones that said pending.. restarted my phone and tried to download an app.. still just says ... downloading...

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
re:

Try clearing cache and data of Google Play store, Google play services and Google services framework apps, this will remove all your Google apps from the phone and basically clear all Google services on the phone but if after this you will have the same issue, then I think you'll need a factory reset.

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
re:

Same thing has happened to me and it's following me from phone to phone, have you been restoring from backup? I've tried everything and can't fix this issue. It's been way longer than Google said it would be

Green Cortez

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
re:

Hi would like to know if does your problem fixed already? I had the same issue and have tried all possible scenarios to fix it. Clear Cache, Data, Re-log in google account, checked for restrictions etc.. :'( still no luck. Im using a Huawei P10.