12-20-2017 04:29 AM
74 123
tools
    Yup, they sent me a silver one. Their terms say they can't guarantee the same color. However their terms also say if there aren't any like new refurbs available, they'll send a credit for the value. When I asked about that after the whole backorder debacle, they claimed that rule didn't apply to the S8 family because the phones are new. If I don't get a black phone on Monday, Tuesday at the very latest, I'm going to lose it
    How the heck can the rule not apply to the s8? Premium Care is new and only available to the s8! I would be furious with Samsung if I was you. I'm regretting signing up for premium care now. I thought they would actually be a good option but it sure don't sound like it now.
    06-12-2017 02:48 PM
    How the heck can the rule not apply to the s8? Premium Care is new and only available to the s8! I would be furious with Samsung if I was you. I'm regretting signing up for premium care now. I thought they would actually be a good option but it sure don't sound like it now.
    I think after the phones been out for a few months things will smooth out. I looked into other options but really none of them compared. SquareTrade looks good but if you use up the coverage you cant renew it. Ive got Worth Ave Group on my G6 but I dont have much faith things will go very smooth.
    06-12-2017 03:19 PM
    I am going to ask a very dumb question, so forgive me.

Are you calling the actual reps for the Premium Care? I ask bc I had an issue and just dialed Samsung Customer Care through the Samsung+ app, and it just took me to normal customer care who was less than helpful. I hung up and found a 1-800 number dedicated to Premium Care and it was a night and day difference.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-12-2017 09:38 PM
    Yes, I had the actual Premium Care department aka Assurant. I called today since the faulty replacement is in transit, and they said they were shipping another. Haven't received the shipping info yet. If it's "backordered" again, I quit. They'll just have to refund me my deductible and I'll look elsewhere for help. I'm really hoping I get the tracking email tonight or tomorrow morning
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-13-2017 10:52 PM
    your pasting for their service it should never be out of stock if they dont have a refurbished one they should send you a brand new one.
    06-13-2017 11:52 PM
    My understanding of SquareTrade is you can add a device within 30 days that is nit damaged. So he could add it to the replacement. Also if you already have carrier insurance you can swap at any time.
    I'm NOT advocating fraud here. But just asking a question. Do they check that the device is not damaged in any way?
    06-14-2017 12:07 AM
    I wonder how this Premium Care compares to Apple Care when needing a repair or replacement.

I knew this new Premium Care would turn into a debacle.
    06-14-2017 12:11 AM
    your pasting for their service it should never be out of stock if they dont have a refurbished one they should send you a brand new one.
    That's what their terms imply but they gave a cheeky work around when I asked about it.
    06-14-2017 12:39 AM
    I wonder how this Premium Care compares to Apple Care when needing a repair or replacement.

I knew this new Premium Care would turn into a debacle.
    In the past i filed two claims with apple care and i have to say the service an turnaround was great. You do receive a refurb device, but the whole process is very smooth and you always feel like they care about your satisfaction.

I do like my samsung phone and i do like the android OS, but for just straight up customer service apple has it down.
    06-14-2017 06:01 AM
    I have the S8+ which is by far my favorite samsung device. customer service even with their other products has always been their biggest problem
    gvndeb60 likes this.
    06-14-2017 06:13 AM
    I'm NOT advocating fraud here. But just asking a question. Do they check that the device is not damaged in any way?
    Not sure about square trade, but most require a waiting period to prevent people from signing up and doing an immediate claim.
    TheyCallMeBT likes this.
    06-14-2017 06:19 AM
    Not sure about square trade, but most require a waiting period to prevent people from signing up and doing an immediate claim.
    Asurion used to require a completed outgoing and incoming call.
    06-14-2017 06:47 AM
    If you already made a claim that must suck =/ although i haven't taken samsung's "premium" insurance i did participate in a promotion for a free speaker, when i got the approval email it said i'd get a shipping confirmation in 72 hours,i waited 2 weeks before contacting them and oddly enough soon after i received the email and mine got shipped MUCH quicker than they said it took (samsung said it would take about 6-8 weeks for me to get it) got it in less than a week.

In other words asking too many questions and precising what's going on i got my free speaker in much less than 6-8 weeks lolz
    06-14-2017 09:47 AM
    Wait a sec, they sent you a different color than what you bought??? I'm just about to sign up for premium care but I'll be d@$&ed if they'd send me a different color than the black one I paid for.
    In the terms they say they don't even guarantee the same device, I have not heard any cases of people getting a different phone but they only guarantee a device of "similar quality"
    06-14-2017 01:32 PM
    Called again, devices backordered again. The rep tried to refund my deductible which I thought was a courtesy, ha! Nope, she wasn't going to refund it and I'd have to file another claim and repay it. What the heck kind of solution is that? I'm really disgusted by their service. It's Assurant but I feel like Samsung is to blame for choosing a crappy partner for their program.
    06-14-2017 01:43 PM
    Also asked about the credit again since the phone is "out of stock", was told there was nothing they could do and that's only if they are never going to get more in the future. Anyone familiar with getting these types of issues with terms and conditions settled? I may have missed it, but, I'm pretty sure their terms don't outline specific circumstances for issuing credits
    06-14-2017 01:46 PM
    Thats awful
    06-14-2017 04:12 PM
    Well asurrant/Samsung care refused to issue me a refund on my insurance policy for my N7 I no longer had took 3 months and the BBB to get it settled, Google Samsungs corporate office and talk to customer relations if you want answers start at the top
    cocob89 likes this.
    06-14-2017 04:15 PM
    But they care, you guys. The ad says so.. Premium Care Claim-screen-shot-2017-06-14-6.10.40-pm.png
    06-14-2017 05:12 PM
    But they care, you guys. The ad says so.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 6.10.40 PM.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	455.1 KB 
ID:	261989
    Haha! I needed that laugh. Thanks!
    TheyCallMeBT likes this.
    06-14-2017 05:34 PM
    But they care, you guys. The ad says so.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 6.10.40 PM.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	455.1 KB 
ID:	261989
    That is hilarious bc that ad is on sooooo many web pages for me. It has been the banner ad in the Gmail app for over a month now. And ironically I already have the insurance.
    TheyCallMeBT likes this.
    06-14-2017 06:05 PM
    The second replacement was shipped and should be here Monday. Cross your fingers for me that this is a good one!
    TheyCallMeBT and vwite like this.
    06-17-2017 03:17 PM
    The second replacement was shipped and should be here Monday. Cross your fingers for me that this is a good one!
    Keep us updated
    06-19-2017 04:38 PM
    Good luck!
    06-19-2017 07:48 PM
    So far so good on the replacement. It's another refurb but no red tint issues, no clicking screen and it's black like I wanted. I'm still proceeding with caution with it but so far nothing has popped up. It only took 2 weeks, 29 phone calls and two very low scoring surveys but so far so good...man keyboards need a sarcasm button haha. Someone from Assurant's corporate department left me a voicemail to call her back about the situation tomorrow. I don't want anything other than for them to spare someone else the headache
    blaine07 and kevinpleasants like this.
    06-20-2017 01:21 AM
74 123