10-10-2017 11:41 PM
187 ... 45678
tools
    Does wifi calling work with unlocked? One thing I don't like about best buy is they don't seem to keep a good stock of cases at the stores in my region. They always run out of them then only get a truck once a week and they have high prices. I would say price match amazon on the S8 Plus Defender but Amazon quit selling it except by third party which Best Buy won't price match. Sams is the cheapest place to buy it right now at $43.
    06-27-2017 11:15 AM
    Do you know by chance that if you flash Verizon firmware on the us unlocked version if it would give you access tonwifi calling and visual voicemail?
    Why not just buy the Verizon version at that point? o_O
    06-27-2017 11:17 AM
    Does wifi calling work with unlocked? One thing I don't like about best buy is they don't seem to keep a good stock of cases at the stores in my region. They always run out of them then only get a truck once a week and they have high prices. I would say price match amazon on the S8 Plus Defender but Amazon quit selling it except by third party which Best Buy won't price match. Sams is the cheapest place to buy it right now at $43.
    WiFi calling works on T-Mobile.

As far as the cases go, I just got my case at BestBuy along with the phone. Why? Because it's easy and convenient. I don't want to spend an hour or two after getting the phone hunting down cases online that may or may not be cheaper after shipping. I have my case, I have my phone and now I can take it to work with me today.
    badcat likes this.
    06-27-2017 11:31 AM
    WiFi calling works on T-Mobile.

As far as the cases go, I just got my case at BestBuy along with the phone. Why? Because it's easy and convenient. I don't want to spend an hour or two after getting the phone hunting down cases online that may or may not be cheaper after shipping. I have my case, I have my phone and now I can take it to work with me today.
    You had them price match at least right? Last I saw Amazon had the Otterbox cases for half what Best Buy was charging. Best Buy will price match them.
    06-27-2017 11:37 AM
    You had them price match at least right? Last I saw Amazon had the Otterbox cases for half what Best Buy was charging. Best Buy will price match them.
    Didn't think about it and I'm not going back to do so.
    06-27-2017 11:39 AM
    You can call the 800 number and theyll adjust it over the phone as well. Depending on the case it could save you over $30.
    06-27-2017 11:40 AM
    I can confirm wifi calling works just fine on T-Mobile
    06-27-2017 12:39 PM
    Looks like carrier versions are still getting security updates faster than the unlocked versions. Anyone receive the July security update yet on the unlocked??
    07-19-2017 12:30 PM
    Looks like carrier versions are still getting security updates faster than the unlocked versions. Anyone receive the July security update yet on the unlocked??
    Still on June security update on US unlocked S8
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    07-19-2017 01:06 PM
    Still on June security update on US unlocked S8
    Same, don't understand why carriers get updates before unlocked but hopefully we get it soon
    07-19-2017 01:08 PM
    Well we got the updates first last month. So at least we had it better for one whole month.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    07-19-2017 02:07 PM
    Well we got the updates first last month. So at least we had it better for one whole month.
    Lol, true
    07-19-2017 02:08 PM
    This is one of the things that Sammy needs to do the way Apple does. When Samsung releases an update it should just go to all phones that it's releases for, period. No waiting on a carrier to decide what they want to do.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    07-19-2017 03:09 PM
    This is one of the things that Sammy needs to do the way Apple does. When Samsung releases an update it should just go to all phones that it's releases for, period. No waiting on a carrier to decide what they want to do.
    Yeah I agree, as big as Samsung is, they have no backbone when it comes to the carriers. It's a shame
    07-19-2017 03:47 PM
    Yeah I agree, as big as Samsung is, they have no backbone when it comes to the carriers. It's a shame
    That's so true.
    07-19-2017 10:14 PM
    I don't think any US carrier version is on July security update yet.
    07-19-2017 10:35 PM
    T-Mobile started getting it today.
    bhatech likes this.
    07-19-2017 10:48 PM
    T-Mobile started getting it today.
    Ahh ok so the trend of US unlocked devices not getting security continues
    07-19-2017 10:50 PM
    Yeah, you would think it would be the other way around... Unlocked getting updates 1st, given the carrier restraints with updates.
    07-20-2017 07:19 AM
    I worked in a production/process environment and I can almost guarantee you that we (unlocked people) are not getting these before the carriers because one (or a few) person has it sitting on their desk somewhere waiting to press a button but hasn't gotten around to it yet. Where I work there's thousands of customers who are affected by my daily actions and sometimes I just get behind on other stuff or can't get to things right away.
    07-20-2017 08:24 AM
    I worked in a production/process environment and I can almost guarantee you that we (unlocked people) are not getting these before the carriers because one (or a few) person has it sitting on their desk somewhere waiting to press a button but hasn't gotten around to it yet. Where I work there's thousands of customers who are affected by my daily actions and sometimes I just get behind on other stuff or can't get to things right away.
    That's so messed up, I can understand if it's a few days or heck even few weeks. But the S7 US unlocked was months behind so it's just pure incompetence on Samsung part.
    07-20-2017 11:46 AM
    AT&T here. Got the update today.
    07-20-2017 05:19 PM
    Is there someone we can complain to via Samsung as to why carrier versions get software updates before the unlocked version? Or do we just have to eat it?? Seems really backwards, it's the reason why I purchased unlocked!
    07-21-2017 10:15 AM
    Is there someone we can complain to via Samsung as to why carrier versions get software updates before the unlocked version? Or do we just have to eat it?? Seems really backwards, it's the reason why I purchased unlocked!
    You can try and complain to Samsung on their support forums.

Last year with the US unlocked S7 edge, they said on their support forums that the US unlocked S7 Edge would get updates quarterly and then later said that they were going to try and make the updates more frequent and that never happened.

I wouldn't expect much really.
    TheDonJ77 and badcat like this.
    07-21-2017 10:18 AM
    You can try and complain to Samsung on their support forums.

Last year with the US unlocked S7 edge, they said on their support forums that the US unlocked S7 Edge would get updates quarterly and then later said that they were going to try and make the updates more frequent and that never happened.

I wouldn't expect much really.
    Yeah figured as much, probably just frustrate me more. I see the unlocked versions overseas have received the update just not here in the US. Maybe Samsung has a deal with the carriers here to update their devices as soon as the update is available and ready. Unlocked get them when they have time, sucks but probably true.
    07-21-2017 10:20 AM
187 ... 45678