Did anyone buy the Unlocked version yet?

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the unlocked version from best buy two days ago. Really liking it so far. Using it on att. Seems snappier than my att one I had. Very little bloat out of the box. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for timely updates but not holding my breath. Overall very pleased with the unlocked version. Getting about 6 hours screen on time and easily lasting all day do battery life seems solid after 2 days.

How is your reception? Do you find the unlocked phones dBm to be better?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Just unboxed my unlocked S8+ and my gawd, this thing is BIG, BLACK & BEAUTIFUL!!! Upgraded from the S7E and this device is simply the ish. Instant update to the June Security patch and bixby fixes. So far, nothing negative to say at all. Great job Samsung

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just unboxed my unlocked S8+ and my gawd, this thing is BIG, BLACK & BEAUTIFUL!!! Upgraded from the S7E and this device is simply the ish. Instant update to the June Security patch and bixby fixes. So far, nothing negative to say at all. Great job Samsung

I bought the black S8+ unlocked at BestBuy last night. Eight hrs off the charger and my battery is at 90%.

I have nothing and to say about this phone so far either. I do have to go back to BestBuy again today. I added the Otterbox case to my BestBuy cart using the app as it was suggested to me but I didn't notice it added to S8 case and not the +.

The black is a HUGE fingerprint magnet.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought the black S8+ unlocked at BestBuy last night. Eight hrs off the charger and my battery is at 90%.

I have nothing and to say about this phone so far either. I do have to go back to BestBuy again today. I added the Otterbox case to my BestBuy cart using the app as it was suggested to me but I didn't notice it added to S8 case and not the +.

The black is a HUGE fingerprint magnet.

Yeah, I went with the Spigen Neo hybrid case and the Spigen liquid air case. Really nice cases, minimal bulk. Now the search begins for a tempered glass protector. Are you looking at getting one?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Does wifi calling work with unlocked? One thing I don't like about best buy is they don't seem to keep a good stock of cases at the stores in my region. They always run out of them then only get a truck once a week and they have high prices. I would say price match amazon on the S8 Plus Defender but Amazon quit selling it except by third party which Best Buy won't price match. Sams is the cheapest place to buy it right now at $43.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Does wifi calling work with unlocked? One thing I don't like about best buy is they don't seem to keep a good stock of cases at the stores in my region. They always run out of them then only get a truck once a week and they have high prices. I would say price match amazon on the S8 Plus Defender but Amazon quit selling it except by third party which Best Buy won't price match. Sams is the cheapest place to buy it right now at $43.

WiFi calling works on T-Mobile.

As far as the cases go, I just got my case at BestBuy along with the phone. Why? Because it's easy and convenient. I don't want to spend an hour or two after getting the phone hunting down cases online that may or may not be cheaper after shipping. I have my case, I have my phone and now I can take it to work with me today.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
WiFi calling works on T-Mobile.

As far as the cases go, I just got my case at BestBuy along with the phone. Why? Because it's easy and convenient. I don't want to spend an hour or two after getting the phone hunting down cases online that may or may not be cheaper after shipping. I have my case, I have my phone and now I can take it to work with me today.

You had them price match at least right? Last I saw Amazon had the Otterbox cases for half what Best Buy was charging. Best Buy will price match them.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks like carrier versions are still getting security updates faster than the unlocked versions. Anyone receive the July security update yet on the unlocked??

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
This is one of the things that Sammy needs to do the way Apple does. When Samsung releases an update it should just go to all phones that it's releases for, period. No waiting on a carrier to decide what they want to do.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the things that Sammy needs to do the way Apple does. When Samsung releases an update it should just go to all phones that it's releases for, period. No waiting on a carrier to decide what they want to do.

Yeah I agree, as big as Samsung is, they have no backbone when it comes to the carriers. It's a shame

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon