Within the last couple of days the home button on my S8+ will randomly stop working. I'll press the button expecting to return to my home screen and nothing happens. If I press harder I feel the vibration of using the non-physical home button but still nothing happens. The only time anything happens is when the screen is off and I use it to turn on the screen. Restarting the phone resolves the problem but how many time a day do I want to do that? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Did I accidentally change something? I can't find a setting for the home button action.
    06-05-2017 02:11 AM
    Problem solved! Samsung Car Mode that was updated May 31, 2017 is the problem. When attempting to start the app it closes tries to reopen and closes again, however, the lockout of the home and previously used apps buttons remains active as though Car Mode is running. Car Mode has been removed and am awaiting it to be fixed. A review of the app on Samsung's app store helped me to pin-point the problem.
    There is a setting for the delay of pressing the home button in options. It's in settings/display.
    My home button works great, but I've had the edge button refusing to work a couple of times. But it responded again after a while without a reboot. I suppose some apps can cause a TouchWiz error.
    If this happens alit you could do a factory reset and start with your apps one by one.
    06-05-2017 03:35 AM
    Also sounds like something bad in software is happening, either something intercepting the button presses, or something taking so many cpu cycles the OS is lagging to respond. Can't really dive much farther into this without hands on diagnoses.
    06-05-2017 09:12 AM
    Problem solved! Samsung Car Mode that was updated May 31, 2017 is the problem. When attempting to start the app it closes tries to reopen and closes again, however, the lockout of the home and previously used apps buttons remains active as though Car Mode is running. Car Mode has been removed and am awaiting it to be fixed. A review of the app on Samsung's app store helped me to pin-point the problem.
    recDNA likes this.
    06-07-2017 07:18 PM