who upgraded from the s7 edge?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you did, did you go for the s8 or s8 plus? I am tempted but I just flashed new firmware on the s7 edge to start fresh and I'm concerned there aren't enough updates to really be worth the cost. Bigger screen yes but not much else. Maybe better to wait for the s9?

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to the S8+ from the S7 Edge. The phone is a lot better, to me, in comparison to the S7 Edge. Bigger screen real estate, battery lasts longer, no lag, etc. I especially love playing games on this phone as well as watching videos, whether it's on YouTube, Netflix, or Hulu. In the end, it all depends on you and whether or not you find upgrading to the S8 line worthy for the price. There will always be a newer model coming every year, but the choice of which to go for would be ultimately up to you. I say it's worth it though, but that's my opinion.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the 8+ from the S 7 edge. I wanted this phone for the bigger screen and the iris scanner that the note 7 had. I also got it because I'm too impatient to wait on the note 8 and I was told by a Samsung rep that there might not be a note 8 (he lied lol) . I definitely think it was worth the upgrade. As Iva said there's always going to be something newer and better.it really depends on what features you are looking for. I'd go to a cell store and try one first before you make a final decision.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from the 7edge to the 8+. Hands down a hundred times better phone. I have a note 5 as well that's a good backup for now. Currently using it just to give the s8+ a little break lol.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I did as well. Love the edge lighting, faster phone and screen real estate.

I didn't like the fingerprint scanner in the beginning (preferred the S7 FP) but it grows on you and is amazingly accurate.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I went from S7 Edge, to LG V20, to S8+. I definitely think it is an improvement over the S7 Edge, which was an awesome phone. TouchWiz is much less heavy in each version. It feels pretty light on the S8+. Definitely love this phone.

martyna_mj

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I moved from s7edge to s8 and didn't regret for a second. It's beautiful phone and you can see they improved look of nougat on s8 over s7. With s7 I missed sometimes my jailbroken iphone, because I liked look of ios, but now, having s8 in my pocket I'd never look back

MikeLW1984

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I went with the s8+. I thought the same thing, isn't really worth the upgrade but after breaking my s7 edge I had to get a new phone. The s8 is great. Battery is a lot better and TouchWiz is better. And having a 6.2in about the same size as a 5.5 is always a plus.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Am I the only one who likes the S7 Edge better than the S8? I don't know about the S8+ because I don't have that one, but the S7 Edge screen is wider than the S8. That's more important for things like the keyboard and, well, most things really. Everything uses a 16:9 aspect ratio so for almost all cases the actually used screen area on the S8 is smaller than that of the S7 Edge. The extra screen is mostly there to accommodate the soft buttons. Things like movies and games will not use the whole S8 screen. The FPS is much better placed on the S7E. I don't notice much difference in battery capacity or speed, so those things are virtually identical. The S7E is just much more ergonomic than the S8 and is much better at using the whole screen.

So if you MUST "upgrade" I'd go with the S8+ simply because you're getting more screen not less (you get less honestly used screen on the S8 than the S7E). But since you already have a great phone, save your money and skip the S8.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll add to the fact I don't regret upgrading to the S8+, it feels like I got my note 7 back, minus the S pen, which I didn't use much anyway.

The S8 shows a lot of people why note 7 users didn't want to give their phones up, it was painful, finally had an awesome phone and had to give it back.

Last edited:

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I went from the S7 edge to the S8+. The bigger screen, the onscreen buttons I didn't think I'd like, and the better battery life make it worth it for me. The Iris scanner, though, has been a huge disappointment. I'm using the facial recognition instead and it works well.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded from Coral Blue S7 Edge to S8 Plus. Puts my S7 Edge to shame. I have never been so impressed by Samsung phone performance. I am a very happy camper. If you are not a Note user, then definitely get the S8, S9 is a looooooooooong way out.

Last edited:

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I had an S7 Edge. It was very laggy and got up to 117 degrees often. I couldn't hold it at times. I wanted to wait for the Note 8 but couldn't wait any longer. So, I'm on an S8+ until August when I'll replace it with a Note 8.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the S7E to the S8. I wanted the S8+ but couldn't justify the $130 down payment for a screen only .4" bigger. It's a stop gap for the Note8. If I wasn't getting the Note8, I would have gotten the S8+

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci