10-31-2017 01:45 AM
31 12
    This was a widespread problem impacting many devices. Turned out to be an issue with the most recent Google app update. Good news is that as of this afternoon (7/13) - an update to the Google app hit the app store. Install that and you will be golden.
    07-13-2017 08:17 PM
    WOW, really? Where did you read it from??? I've uninstalled google app and switched to cortana, because it was impossible to use phone with lagging notifications. And I'm afraid to go back to google now...
    07-14-2017 09:09 AM
    I have tried everything listed in this discussion, including a factory reset. I have a new Galaxy 8S which will not download or update anything. I have disabled all Google apps, cleared all caches & data where applicable. I'm at wits end and extremely frustrated. Anyone have additional information which may help?
    09-20-2017 10:00 AM
    When I had this problem a while ago on my S8, I had to disable Play Store which uninstalled updates. Then you have to turn off automatic updates in Play Store settings. Re-enable Play Store and it should let you download and install your updates manually. In my case and as others have said, a later update fixed the problem and I have had no problem since.
    09-20-2017 11:41 AM
    I'm having this issue as well were apps will not install no matter what I do. I've tried all the steps here and nothing.

This is weird as this just had started to happen to.
    09-20-2017 11:58 AM
    I know this is really late to reply but all these problems here started for me about 2 weeks ago and thank you so much for pinpointing it to the Google app, I forced stopped it, and uninstalled updates and disabled it while stopping the play store from auto updating apps and BAM! SOLVED!!! Fixed all the problems and the note 8 is running like a well oiled machine again! Thank you so much, I put days into trying to figure this out with 3 factory data resets and the phone would work fine while I was setting it up till I was almost done and would act up out if nowhere because the app update from the play store would reach the Google app and put the broken update on my phone and I could not pinpoint who the culprit was because it happened in the background at different stages of my set up making any common denominator impossible to figure out! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Now I can get some sleep! Lol!
    Ps. I also downloaded an app that can disable apps indefinitely called package installer disabled so I can keep Google app quarantined, even after a restart, until they fix it!
    10-31-2017 01:45 AM
31 12