What cases are you using?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have spigen, UAG, caseology, etc.... Too many Flossy videos. I watch them and then usually buy something he reviewed.

Attachments

• 11919.jpg
    11919.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: What cards are you using?

I have spigen, UAG, caseology, etc.... Too many Flossy videos. I watch them and then usually buy something he reviewed.
Yes, flossy is very bad influence, LOL. After watching his videos, I went with the UAG plasma. I have the ice and Colbolt Blue. I'll probably get the citron to change the color up here and there. I would love to see the red plasma that he said they discontinued, hopefully they will bring it back, that looks nice.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Right now an OtterBox commuter, symmetry and Spigen Neo Hybrid. I don't like any of them so tomorrow my Tough Armor arrives.

The Neo Hybrid is too slippery for me. The commuter is, well I don't know what it is about it but I don't like it. The symmetry is great except the buttons are too hard to press.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Otterbox commuter. Instead of buying two or three cheaper cases like I usually do I just went ahead splurged on the otterbox this time around . Always ends up being my go to case in the end anyway.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I have Otterbox Defender, Caseology clear/black support bumper. Love the otterbox-i like that it doesn't cover the screen and also has the nice rubbery grip. I got the 2 cases 2 weeks before my phone arrived

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

Right now I have the Neo Hybrid in coral blue and black. previously, I had the glitter waterfall case and a Kate Spade case.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
No case for the past few days and I'm loving it, but I do have a Spigen thin fit and the Samsung protective cover. The Spigen I find to be surprisingly slippery. Feels like there's some kind of coating they put on the back or something. I had the same one for my note 5 and it wasn't like that at all. Provided a good amount of grip. This one kinda doesn't, so that's a bit disappointing to me. The Samsung protective cover is abysmal. I'd have an easier time trying to grip a piece of wet ice. Way more slippery than the phone itself. The use of the word "protective" is certainly questionable.

If anyone knows of an ultra slim, preferably form fitting case that amps up the grip, please let me know.

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

No case for the past few days and I'm loving it, but I do have a Spigen thin fit and the Samsung protective cover. The Spigen I find to be surprising slippery. Feels like there's some kind of coating they put on the back or something. I had the same one for my note 5 and it wasn't like that at all. Provided a good amount of grip. This one kinda doesn't, so that's a bit disappointing to me. The Samsung protective cover is abysmal. I'd have an easier time trying to grip a piece of wet ice. Way more slippery than the phone itself. The use of the word "protective" is certainly questionable.

If anyone knows of a ultra slim, preferably form fitting case that amps up the grip, please let me know.

Sounds like me. I used to use a thin red and gold case i bought from amazon fro about $5 but i love the naked thinness and slippery feeling of the phone even though it accidentally slipped out of my pocket onto the cement. Overall, there has been a case here and there that looks interesting to me, but either they aren't thin enough for me, or they mess up the feeling and look of the edge infinity display.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site

Sounds like me. I used to use a thin red and gold case i bought from amazon fro about $5 but i love the naked thinness and slippery feeling of the phone even though it accidentally slipped out of my pocket onto the cement. Overall, there has been a case here and there that looks interesting to me, but either they aren't thin enough for me, or they mess up the feeling and look of the edge infinity display.

Exactly. I just want to add grip. That's really all I care about. I'm extremely careful with my phones otherwise, so I'm not terribly worried about drop protection. I would go the dbrand route, but those are generally more slippery than the glass to me. The only skin that has actually added grip was the slickwraps natural leather series I had for my note 5, but even that wasn't perfect.

Anyone remember when some phones were released with the rubberized type of backing? Like the Nexus 5 and others like it. Not the most "premium" material for some people, but I miss the grip it provided. I wish someone would make an ultra slim case with that material for this phone. That'd be perfection.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Exactly. I just want to add grip. That's really all I care about. I'm extremely careful with my phones otherwise, so I'm not terribly worried about drop protection. I would go the dbrand route, but those are generally more slippery than the glass to me. The only skin that has actually added grip was the slickwraps natural leather series I had for my note 5, but even that wasn't perfect.

Anyone remember when some phones were released with the rubberized type of backing? Like the Nexus 5 and others like it. Not the most "premium" material for some people, but I miss the grip it provided. I wish someone would make an ultra slim case with that material for this phone. That'd be perfection.

I hear ya! I agree with you completely, and those are my feelings 100% as well of course! I'm extremely careful about taking excellent care of my phones/electronics. Most cases in my opinion, mess up the natural form factor of the Galaxy S8 unfortunately. With that being said, I also considered the DBrand Skins, however they are just for fashion (aesthetics) and as you said, don't provide any drop protection whatsoever. I've heard of the slickwraps before, but never researched them much. I'd only get a skin on the back and probably not the front, so in that case, when the phone is on a flat surface, you'll never see the skin which is pointless, and somewhat of a waste of money as well in my opinion unfortunately.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Njbrandon

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

Njbrandon

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I have Spigen Neohybrid in Arctic Silver/blue. It's a little difficult to get off when I want to use the GearVR . Might look into something more TPU based that's easier to remove.

Njbrandon

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

Right now an OtterBox commuter, symmetry and Spigen Neo Hybrid. I don't like any of them so tomorrow my Tough Armor arrives.

The Neo Hybrid is too slippery for me. The commuter is, well I don't know what it is about it but I don't like it. The symmetry is great except the buttons are too hard to press.

The Neohybrid is slippery. How do you like the Tough armor? I was looking at that too. What color did you get?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

The Neohybrid is slippery. How do you like the Tough armor? I was looking at that too. What color did you get?
To me the Hybrid is too slippery. It looks like it would be grippy on the back but it's really not.

The tough armor is what I use on my G6 also and I just got mine for the S8. It's got a good grip on it and the back isn't slippery to me. It's got almost a rubbery feel to it on the back even though it's plastic. I like it alot.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox Defender. The GS8 edition is the slimmest version yet. Great grip to mitigate drops as glass is slick. I have been using a Defender since my Blackberry days.