Sling TV vs Youtube TV

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I had ps vue last year and really like it and the dvr feature worked well. I would have stayed with them except they got rid of the nickelodeon channels which my kids watch so I switched to directv now and got a free apple tv. The service works great on the apple tv but sucked on the gen 1 fire tv stick (have not tried it in a while so it could have gotten better). The only thing that I don't like is no dvr yet and their on demand for new shows sucks as some new episodes can take weeks or over a month or 2 to get added. Also most channel Stand alone apps do not have sign in authorization for directv now so I can't watch new episodes of amc and other channel shows due to the app not having a signing for directv now users. I did get in early so have their top package for only $35 and got hbo free too.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just curious to what you are using then since PSVue is on pretty much everything. Xbox?

I've been using Vue for a few months now and really like it. One thing about it that hasn't been mentioned yet is Vue gives you loggin access to pretty much all the apps so that you can view outside your home network. Like WatchESPN, Fox Sports Go, ext. A lot more than any of the other services.
Right now I just have a Chromecast. Sling TV and YouTube TV work with Chromecast. Morso sling TV works with Chromecast.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had ps vue last year and really like it and the dvr feature worked well. I would have stayed with them except they got rid of the nickelodeon channels which my kids watch so I switched to directv now and got a free apple tv. The service works great on the apple tv but sucked on the gen 1 fire tv stick (have not tried it in a while so it could have gotten better). The only thing that I don't like is no dvr yet and their on demand for new shows sucks as some new episodes can take weeks or over a month or 2 to get added. Also most channel Stand alone apps do not have sign in authorization for directv now so I can't watch new episodes of amc and other channel shows due to the app not having a signing for directv now users. I did get in early so have their top package for only $35 and got hbo free too.
honestly, I have never owned an Xbox. I'm not a gamer whatsoever.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Oh I didn't realize that. LOL
Personally I prefer the Amazon Fire Tv's (not the sticks as they are sooooooo slow). Fire Tv's seem to do it all and get apps really quick. The Xboxes I got when I had cable since you could run your cable service through them along with all my other apps.

Chromecast is good, I just hate relying on my phone to cast to it. I use my phone too much to tie it up for TV.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Personally I prefer the Amazon Fire Tv's (not the sticks as they are sooooooo slow). Fire Tv's seem to do it all and get apps really quick. The Xboxes I got when I had cable since you could run your cable service through them along with all my other apps.

Chromecast is good, I just hate relying on my phone to cast to it. I use my phone too much to tie it up for TV.
Yeah I understand what you're saying. It's all great points. For me though, since I'm such a phone Aficionado and I'm obsessed with my phone haha I don't mind using my phone for almost everything whatsoever. Especially, since in my bedroom I have a Samsung fast wireless charger so I have it docked . While I'm chromecasting TV.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently a streaming wh*re. I have Hulu Live Beta and Sling TV Blue+Orange. They both have something to offer that the other does not and I'm trying to decide. I have the Starz add on for Sling and the Showtime add on for Hulu along with the commercial free option. I would drop Sling in a heartbeat if Hulu signs on AMC. Price wise, I'm not saving, but it's the convenience factor for me. I have one of them running during the day in my ear while at work and I'm always viewing something that's on demand. I'll give them both another month and then make a decision (but FTWD just started, so it's either watch weekly or wait until the season is over then watch it on Hulu).

Decisions, Decisions. They do run great on my S8 though.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently a streaming wh*re. I have Hulu Live Beta and Sling TV Blue+Orange. They both have something to offer that the other does not and I'm trying to decide. I have the Starz add on for Sling and the Showtime add on for Hulu along with the commercial free option. I would drop Sling in a heartbeat if Hulu signs on AMC. Price wise, I'm not saving, but it's the convenience factor for me. I have one of them running during the day in my ear while at work and I'm always viewing something that's on demand. I'll give them both another month and then make a decision (but FTWD just started, so it's either watch weekly or wait until the season is over then watch it on Hulu).

Decisions, Decisions. They do run great on my S8 though.
See now that sounds awesome! For me though, I would only do sling TV orange basic at the moment mostly because I have the Redemption reward opinion rewards from Google Play and I do the surveys and fill them out so I have free credits with an Google Play movies that I can use whenever I actually do want to watch a movie. Most of the time my girlfriend and I are going to watch movies whatsoever or I I'm not a big movie watcher. I figured, sling TV orange keeps the cost low has all the channels that we watch comma and strings consistently enough and most enjoyable enough where it makes the most amount of sense.