These are so cool!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Minus the logo on the back, which is still tolerable, this looks like exactly what I'm looking for! Would you say it provides better grip than the phone itself?
Very very slippery. The only draw back of this case. Everything else about this case is fantastic, only if you are looking for a case that is basically a skin. You will be shocked how thin it is, you will even forget there is a case on lol

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
Very very slippery. The only draw back of this case. Everything else about this case is fantastic, only if you are looking for a case that is basically a skin. You will be shocked how thin it is, you will even forget there is a case on lol

Darn. It being slippery is a deal breaker. Oh well, thanks for your response!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I took your previous recommendation for this case from a little while back and I regret the purchase. I don't even use the case now. It's WAY more slippery than the actual phone itself. Terrible cover. And it's $20. No good reason it should be $20. If only they could add grip to the back, then it'd be usable. I really wouldn't recommend this case at all to anyone. I wish Peel would make a case for this phone.

To each his own, I personally love it, don't know how it may feel more slippery for you but again if that's what you think then there is not much I can say about it.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
To each his own, I personally love it, don't know how it may feel more slippery for you but again if that's what you think then there is not much I can say about it.

I mean, everyone is different. My hands might just be more slippery than yours? Who knows...I'm just saying my personal experience is it's more slippery in my hand than the phone itself, and I personally wouldn't recommend it for $20. Not even for $10.

Update: I just put the case on to compare again and refresh my memory. Admittedly, it's been a few weeks since I had the case on the phone. Instantly took it back off. Way more grip from the glass of the phone itself. Really a waste at that point. But yes, to each their own I suppose. Though it was immediately obvious to me.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I've seen that before with laptop screens. It works really well with the Infinity display on the S8!

It's all part of Samsung's marketing and i think they are smashing it :D It certainly does look really cool. They have various pictures of wales in the ocean, or astronauts in space. I'm definitely going to try this out when we get a Galaxy S8 in the house. Looks like so much fun.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I still hate that I haven't been able to find a case that REALLY doesn't add that much to the borders :( I really like how the phone looks and feels 'naked', but just can't risk scratching that lovely glass back (and I do use it on by the pool a lot, so rough surfaces).

Have you tried the spigen slimfit yet ? usually that's my go to for slim cases and the one that added the least amount of bulk.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried the spigen slimfit yet ? usually that's my go to for slim cases and the one that added the least amount of bulk.
This. I have the black Spigen slimfit for my s7. It has a rubberized coating on a hard plastic base. Feels really good and adds grip. Careful though... I heard only the black one feels "rubbery" in the s7 line anyways.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It gives you a little more grip than naked, not a lot more though, as the material feels very similar to the phone's metal and glass, so it's still a little slippery. But feel in the hands is one of the thing I like the most on this cover, you feels like it's not there, it doesn't change the look or the overall size of the phone and the color (at least on the Orchid Grey) to me, it just enhances the phone color, the Orchid Grey is gorgeous but I love the blueish tint it add to the phone.

Yes, I agree. I have the Samsung OEM Clear Protective. I generally don't like cases, but like this one because: 1. It gives a little better grip than the phone naked, and 2. You can barely tell there is case on. It is very thin and black one matches to color of black S8+ very well.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
I still hate that I haven't been able to find a case that REALLY doesn't add that much to the borders :( I really like how the phone looks and feels 'naked', but just can't risk scratching that lovely glass back (and I do use it on by the pool a lot, so rough surfaces).

I just received my Slickwraps natural series blackened Ash wood back and installed it this morning. I'm in love! I have the minimalism I want. The grip I want. And oh my does that blackened Ash look amazing with the all black s8+!!

For anyone who doesn't treat their $800-$1000 pieces of tech as frisbees or chew toys for your dog... or children... I highly recommend going this route.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just received my Slickwraps natural series blackened Ash wood back and installed it this morning. I'm in love! I have the minimalism I want. The grip I want. And oh my does that blackened Ash look amazing with the all black s8+!!

For anyone who doesn't treat their $800-$1000 pieces of tech as frisbees or chew toys for your dog... or children... I highly recommend going this route.

How about a pic? I love seeing these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC