These are so cool!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what to call them but they are pics that make your phone look almost invisible. Way cool!!

Attachments

• 11988.jpg
    11988.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 348

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I still hate that I haven't been able to find a case that REALLY doesn't add that much to the borders :( I really like how the phone looks and feels 'naked', but just can't risk scratching that lovely glass back (and I do use it on by the pool a lot, so rough surfaces).

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I still hate that I haven't been able to find a case that REALLY doesn't add that much to the borders :( I really like how the phone looks and feels 'naked', but just can't risk scratching that lovely glass back (and I do use it on by the pool a lot, so rough surfaces).

Yup, my sentiments exactly! the phone is the best looking phone I've owned in years. Google Nexus/Pixel phones are great for s/w, but Google has to learn how to improve the look and feel of their phones' hardware! Hopefully they'll hit a homerun for the 2nd line of Pixel phones...

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Then buy the Samsung OEM Clear protective case, perfect combo of barely there, perfect for protection against glass back scratches, it comes in the same colors of the phone making it look even better IMHO on my Orchid Grey with a more solid Blueish tone plus good enough protection against drops (Mine has hit the floor twice in the past week from waist height, first time ever) and thanks God nothing has happened.

Check it out here. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Clear-Protective-Orchid/dp/B06XJ47DF7/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1497037675&sr=8-7&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s8+clear+protective+cover

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Then buy the Samsung OEM Clear protective case, perfect combo of barely there, perfect for protection against glass back scratches, it comes in the same colors of the phone making it look even better IMHO on my Orchid Grey with a more solid Blueish tone plus good enough protection against falls (Mine has hit the floor twice in the past week from waist height, first time ever) and thanks God nothing has happened.

Check it out here. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Clear-Protective-Orchid/dp/B06XJ47DF7/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1497037675&sr=8-7&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s8+clear+protective+cover

I wanted that one, but it's out of stock on Amazon and leaving soon for a couple weeks so no time to wait for Samsung's shipping :( I've even strongly considered going 'naked' with just those full body screen protectors. Won't survive drops though, just scratches.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I wanted that one, but it's out of stock on Amazon and leaving soon for a couple weeks so no time to wait for Samsung's shipping :( I've even strongly considered going 'naked' with just those full body screen protectors. Won't survive drops though, just scratches.

As of right now on Amazon US, all colors for the S8+ are in Stock and for the S8 all except the Orchid Grey, so don't tell me you have an S8 Orchid Grey. If yes, that's pure bad luck. Check it on eBay I've seen them also there.

I love this cover, all the rest from Spigen and Ringke (4 more in total) are just collecting dust since I got this one more than a month ago.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
have you checked out the ringke cases on Amazon low profile decent protection. they are a tad bit slippery thou

I have a Ringer one and they're good but they're NOT slim or unnoticeable. It's actually one of the brands that always gives me trouble with IQ shields 'case friendly' protectors. They're not huge, but they're definitely noticeable and kinda make the curves disappear (and the infinity display not look so infinite anymore).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As of right now on Amazon US, all colors for the S8+ are in Stock and for the S8 all except the Orchid Grey, so don't tell me you have an S8 Orchid Grey. If yes, that's pure bad luck. Check it on eBay I've seen them also there.

I love this cover, all the rest from Spigen and Ringke (4 more in total) are just collecting dust since I got this one more than a month ago.

S8. Orchid Gray. Yup.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Ringer one and they're good but they're NOT slim or unnoticeable. It's actually one of the brands that always gives me trouble with IQ shields 'case friendly' protectors. They're not huge, but they're definitely noticeable and kinda make the curves disappear (and the infinity display not look so infinite anymore).

Have you tried the Ringke Slim? It's what I use when I want a bit more protection than just my dbrand skin.

Ringke.com

20170609_222244263_iOS.jpg20170609_222226584_iOS.jpg

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Then buy the Samsung OEM Clear protective case, perfect combo of barely there, perfect for protection against glass back scratches, it comes in the same colors of the phone making it look even better IMHO on my Orchid Grey with a more solid Blueish tone plus good enough protection against drops (Mine has hit the floor twice in the past week from waist height, first time ever) and thanks God nothing has happened.

How does the Samsung OEM case feel in the hand? Is it slippery at all or grippy?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Here you go. You will be amazed how thin this is. I call it a skin case. So so so so freaking thin. Just a paper wrap :)

elago Galaxy S8 Plus Case [Origin][Black] - [Device Fitting Tested][Minimalistic][Scratch Protection Only][True Fit] - for Galaxy S8*Plus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XXLQ4P...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5845116

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
How does the Samsung OEM case feel in the hand? Is it slippery at all or grippy?

It gives you a little more grip than naked, not a lot more though, as the material feels very similar to the phone's metal and glass, so it's still a little slippery. But feel in the hands is one of the thing I like the most on this cover, you feels like it's not there, it doesn't change the look or the overall size of the phone and the color (at least on the Orchid Grey) to me, it just enhances the phone color, the Orchid Grey is gorgeous but I love the blueish tint it add to the phone.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site

I took your previous recommendation for this case from a little while back and I regret the purchase. I don't even use the case now. It's WAY more slippery than the actual phone itself. Terrible cover. And it's $20. No good reason it should be $20. If only they could add grip to the back, then it'd be usable. I really wouldn't recommend this case at all to anyone. I wish Peel would make a case for this phone.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
Here you go. You will be amazed how thin this is. I call it a skin case. So so so so freaking thin. Just a paper wrap :)

elago Galaxy S8 Plus Case [Origin][Black] - [Device Fitting Tested][Minimalistic][Scratch Protection Only][True Fit] - for Galaxy S8*Plus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XXLQ4P...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5845184

Minus the logo on the back, which is still tolerable, this looks like exactly what I'm looking for! Would you say it provides better grip than the phone itself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678