Gear 360 promo

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone order the Gear 360 for $49.99 after picking up the S8 or S8+?

I ordered mine on May 31st and I had heard it was backordered, but last night Samsung cancelled my order. I have emailed Samsung to find out why and have not heard back yet. Just wondering if anyone else has had that happen.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I did not qualify for any of the promotions for the phones. If I would have known about the Gear 360 I would have waited for it. I can't use VR and the other promotion was useless to me since I already had most of what was offered anyway.

Did your phone purchase date fall on the dates for the offer?

That is odd Samsung cancelled the order. Was there an explanation why? They usually take about 2 days to respond to queries. Let us all know what happened that way others know what to expect.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I did not qualify for any of the promotions for the phones. If I would have known about the Gear 360 I would have waited for it. I can't use VR and the other promotion was useless to me since I already had most of what was offered anyway.

Did your phone purchase date fall on the dates for the offer?

That is odd Samsung cancelled the order. Was there an explanation why? They usually take about 2 days to respond to queries. Let us all know what happened that way others know what to expect.
I was within the dates and qualified for the deal. I got an email back today saying that my order was cancelled due to a system error. I called and spoke with customer service and was told I would not be able to go back in and submit the deal a second time so they would email me a code to put in when I went to purchase the Gear 360 and the price would be reduced to $49. He said it could take a week or two for me to get the code, but at least they responded quickly. I'm not in a huge rush. I don't​ pay for it until it ships.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered with the 360 promo also. Phone was on backorder for a week. Never got a notification email or anything saying so. I had to do live chat to find that out. Still shows pre-order on the gear 360. But if you click on it like you wanna buy one it says it will ship in 1-3 days. So who knows when we'll get it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My expectations are pretty low this time. I had a good experience with the Note 7 promo. I got my Gear Fit 2 within a couple weeks. Doesn't look like that's happening this time.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My expectations are pretty low this time. I had a good experience with the Note 7 promo. I got my Gear Fit 2 within a couple weeks. Doesn't look like that's happening this time.
I had good experiences with the note 7 promo also. I am beginning to think Samsung pushed the promo stuff thru quickly and basically no limits on claims to turn our attention away from the recall issue. Everyone was talking about all the freebies they were getting.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update. I just received an alert from FedEx that I had a package ship today, scheduled to arrive later this week. Nobody in my house had ordered anything so I was wondering who it was from. I checked the details and it's coming from BrightPoint North America in Indiana. I believe that is where the promo items for the Note 7 came from. I checked my order status on my Samsung account and it still shows the order as canceled. My card has not been charged, but I don't know what else this would be. I guess I will wait and see what FedEx delivers in a couple days. It will be a surprise one way or another.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
The Gear 360 camera for $200+ is just not worth it, unless I get a job that specifically calls for 360 video (which may happen). But for $50-- totally worth it just for fun! I enjoy posting panoramics to Facebook, and this does more than that in one press of a button! I got the Netflix deal, but I'm still trying for this one. We'll see.

Also, for anyone whose purchase date doesn't fall in line with a promo deal, know that they only check the date that the receipt that you provide shows on it. I'm not advocating that you do anything to alter that-- I'm only stating a fact.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
The Gear 360 camera for $200+ is just not worth it, unless I get a job that specifically calls for 360 video (which may happen). But for $50-- totally worth it just for fun! I enjoy posting panoramics to Facebook, and this does more than that in one press of a button! I got the Netflix deal, but I'm still trying for this one. We'll see.

Also, for anyone whose purchase date doesn't fall in line with a promo deal, know that they only check the date that the receipt that you provide shows on it. I'm not advocating that you do anything to alter that-- I'm only stating a fact.

I agree. and I don't really care about 360 degree shots since I sold my VR. I'm interested in just using it as a 180 degree cam for various scenarios to have an extra camera and not use my phone. We'll see how well it works, though.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Yep. I purchased my S8 on June the First and my $49.99 Gear 360 will be delivered tomorrow.

That was fast! Looks like mine just got approved. Should it send me an email to make the purchase? I haven't put any payment details in yet. Or does it send like a code to redeem at checkout or something?

tonestert

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I did the promotion claim but when I check on the status it says "Your registration is currently under review." It's been under review for almost 2 weeks now.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I registered on the 13th. I got the email today (the 15th) with the link to purchase. I completed the order, paid, and got the order confirmation. Should be here next week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers