06-16-2017 06:00 PM
27 12
tools
    Did anyone order the Gear 360 for $49.99 after picking up the S8 or S8+?

I ordered mine on May 31st and I had heard it was backordered, but last night Samsung cancelled my order. I have emailed Samsung to find out why and have not heard back yet. Just wondering if anyone else has had that happen.
    06-09-2017 01:26 PM
    I did not qualify for any of the promotions for the phones. If I would have known about the Gear 360 I would have waited for it. I can't use VR and the other promotion was useless to me since I already had most of what was offered anyway.

Did your phone purchase date fall on the dates for the offer?

That is odd Samsung cancelled the order. Was there an explanation why? They usually take about 2 days to respond to queries. Let us all know what happened that way others know what to expect.
    06-09-2017 07:47 PM
    I did not qualify for any of the promotions for the phones. If I would have known about the Gear 360 I would have waited for it. I can't use VR and the other promotion was useless to me since I already had most of what was offered anyway.

Did your phone purchase date fall on the dates for the offer?

That is odd Samsung cancelled the order. Was there an explanation why? They usually take about 2 days to respond to queries. Let us all know what happened that way others know what to expect.
    I was within the dates and qualified for the deal. I got an email back today saying that my order was cancelled due to a system error. I called and spoke with customer service and was told I would not be able to go back in and submit the deal a second time so they would email me a code to put in when I went to purchase the Gear 360 and the price would be reduced to $49. He said it could take a week or two for me to get the code, but at least they responded quickly. I'm not in a huge rush. I don't​ pay for it until it ships.
    06-09-2017 08:57 PM
    Get comfortable. I just today received the vr, headset, and sd card promo they had on release date
    06-09-2017 09:01 PM
    Get comfortable. I just today received the vr, headset, and sd card promo they had on release date
    The notification I got said my entertainment kit is scheduled to ship in 10-12 weeks. So August or September lol. Probably won't even have the phone by then.
    06-09-2017 09:08 PM
    The notification I got said my entertainment kit is scheduled to ship in 10-12 weeks. So August or September lol
    It could be every bit of that. Ours said 6 to 8 weeks.
    06-09-2017 09:10 PM
    I ordered with the 360 promo also. Phone was on backorder for a week. Never got a notification email or anything saying so. I had to do live chat to find that out. Still shows pre-order on the gear 360. But if you click on it like you wanna buy one it says it will ship in 1-3 days. So who knows when we'll get it.
    06-09-2017 10:27 PM
    My expectations are pretty low this time. I had a good experience with the Note 7 promo. I got my Gear Fit 2 within a couple weeks. Doesn't look like that's happening this time.
    06-10-2017 05:35 AM
    My expectations are pretty low this time. I had a good experience with the Note 7 promo. I got my Gear Fit 2 within a couple weeks. Doesn't look like that's happening this time.
    I had good experiences with the note 7 promo also. I am beginning to think Samsung pushed the promo stuff thru quickly and basically no limits on claims to turn our attention away from the recall issue. Everyone was talking about all the freebies they were getting.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-10-2017 07:16 AM
    Just a quick update. I just received an alert from FedEx that I had a package ship today, scheduled to arrive later this week. Nobody in my house had ordered anything so I was wondering who it was from. I checked the details and it's coming from BrightPoint North America in Indiana. I believe that is where the promo items for the Note 7 came from. I checked my order status on my Samsung account and it still shows the order as canceled. My card has not been charged, but I don't know what else this would be. I guess I will wait and see what FedEx delivers in a couple days. It will be a surprise one way or another.
    06-13-2017 03:36 PM
    my 360 is being shipped via Fedex and will arrive on Thursday!
    06-13-2017 04:04 PM
    The Gear 360 camera for $200+ is just not worth it, unless I get a job that specifically calls for 360 video (which may happen). But for $50-- totally worth it just for fun! I enjoy posting panoramics to Facebook, and this does more than that in one press of a button! I got the Netflix deal, but I'm still trying for this one. We'll see.

Also, for anyone whose purchase date doesn't fall in line with a promo deal, know that they only check the date that the receipt that you provide shows on it. I'm not advocating that you do anything to alter that-- I'm only stating a fact.
    06-13-2017 06:08 PM
    The Gear 360 camera for $200+ is just not worth it, unless I get a job that specifically calls for 360 video (which may happen). But for $50-- totally worth it just for fun! I enjoy posting panoramics to Facebook, and this does more than that in one press of a button! I got the Netflix deal, but I'm still trying for this one. We'll see.

Also, for anyone whose purchase date doesn't fall in line with a promo deal, know that they only check the date that the receipt that you provide shows on it. I'm not advocating that you do anything to alter that-- I'm only stating a fact.
    I agree. and I don't really care about 360 degree shots since I sold my VR. I'm interested in just using it as a 180 degree cam for various scenarios to have an extra camera and not use my phone. We'll see how well it works, though.
    TheyCallMeBT likes this.
    06-14-2017 02:50 PM
    Yep. I purchased my S8 on June the First and my $49.99 Gear 360 will be delivered tomorrow.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-14-2017 08:22 PM
    Yep. I purchased my S8 on June the First and my $49.99 Gear 360 will be delivered tomorrow.
    That was fast! Looks like mine just got approved. Should it send me an email to make the purchase? I haven't put any payment details in yet. Or does it send like a code to redeem at checkout or something?
    06-14-2017 10:18 PM
    I paid on the 30th and have yet to receive any updates. Order on Samsungs site still says pre-ordered?
    06-15-2017 01:09 PM
    Got my gear 360 on Tues, have yet to open it. Hopefully soon I can check it out
    06-15-2017 01:12 PM
    I did the promotion claim but when I check on the status it says "Your registration is currently under review." It's been under review for almost 2 weeks now.
    06-15-2017 01:17 PM
    ordered S8+ and 360 last Saturday, got the phone yesterday and camera comes tomorrow
    06-15-2017 04:20 PM
    I registered on the 13th. I got the email today (the 15th) with the link to purchase. I completed the order, paid, and got the order confirmation. Should be here next week.
    06-15-2017 05:39 PM
    Got mine today! Haven't had a chance to open yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Gear 360 promo-20170615_165546.jpg  
    06-15-2017 06:06 PM
    That was fast! Looks like mine just got approved. Should it send me an email to make the purchase? I haven't put any payment details in yet. Or does it send like a code to redeem at checkout or something?
    I purchased it through the Shop Samsung app. I had to redeem the offer in the app and upload a proof of purchase of the S8 between the dates and it was approved almost instantly and I ordered it right away. It was delivered this afternoon!
    06-15-2017 07:15 PM
    Got mine today! Haven't had a chance to open yet.
    Me too! I played around with it a little bit. I think it's definitely worth the $50, but not the $299 price tag.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    06-15-2017 07:18 PM
    I purchased it through the Shop Samsung app. I had to redeem the offer in the app and upload a proof of purchase of the S8 between the dates and it was approved almost instantly and I ordered it right away. It was delivered this afternoon!
    Cool, thanks! I got mine ordered. Just so that people know how it worked for me, I did mine on the website. It send me an email two days later with a link to click to buy it for $49. It basically auto-applies a one time use discount code. The website wasn't working great for me, having a lot of errors. So I had to sign in/ out and click the email multiple times. But that didn't mess up using the code.

Btw, from my experience, buying from Samsung's website is not a good experience. I would only do it for promotions like this and like when I got the $100 promotion to spend for signing up for Samsung Pay. I bought the thin fast charge battery pack back then.
    06-15-2017 08:34 PM
    Cool, thanks! I got mine ordered. Just so that people know how it worked for me, I did mine on the website. It send me an email two days later with a link to click to buy it for $49. It basically auto-applies a one time use discount code. The website wasn't working great for me, having a lot of errors. So I had to sign in/ out and click the email multiple times. But that didn't mess up using the code.

Btw, from my experience, buying from Samsung's website is not a good experience. I would only do it for promotions like this and like when I got the $100 promotion to spend for signing up for Samsung Pay. I bought the thin fast charge battery pack back then.
    The Shop Samsung app is almost lag-free and I had no issues. Just FYI.
    06-15-2017 08:45 PM
27 12