Samsung weather app

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For the Samsung weather app, I have it on manual refresh however if I were to put on an automatic refresh do you think it would drain a lot of battery? That's the only thing I'm worried about.
c74fa5699d9cffcb3987671c3e9b5660.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh gotcha. I suppose I'll have to try that then. I'm always too wro2ro3d about battery drain that's why.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
The stock weather app doesn't use much. I have most notifications off however. I don't need Google or Samsung to send me constant updates. Same for Google maps which nags me with traffic information I don't need at that moment. Custom weather apps can draw more power depending on where they get your weather from. And most likely some ads unless you pay for them.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's true. Thsts why I've always been so reluctant to have auto updates every hour, but I'm giving it a shot now. Again, including the stock samsung weather app thsts all I need for myself.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I also do hourly refresh, and I have no battery issues either. Granted, I haven't done a controlled test with respect to a six hour refresh rate. But I can comfortably say that you can refresh hourly and not worry about running out of power. I doubt it would even shave off an extra percent over the course of 16 hours.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I also do hourly refresh, and I have no battery issues either. Granted, I haven't done a controlled test with respect to a six hour refresh rate. But I can comfortably say that you can refresh hourly and not worry about running out of power. I doubt it would even shave off an extra percent over the course of 16 hours.
Thank you very much. That's what I am going to set it up for now, and test out on my phone for sure. !
I use the stock weather app and have it set to refresh hourly. No battery issues here.
Thank you !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49