Ive got an issue I havent seen discussed so just curious if its just me or not.

When I get a notification that theres an app update and I click on it, the notification goes away and doesnt open the play store. I have to manually open the play store and go into my apps. This doesnt happen on my G6. If I click the notification it takes me to the update section of the play store like it should.

Did I possibly turn something off causing this?
    06-10-2017 08:39 AM
    I just tried on my Note 5, and it went right to Play. Perhaps a cache clear for Play will help?
    06-10-2017 09:04 AM
    I just tried on my Note 5, and it went right to Play. Perhaps a cache clear for Play will help?
    I just wiped the cache. Will have to wait for an update to find out. Its odd that its only happening on this phone and not my other. I just wonder if I inadvertently turned something off.
    06-10-2017 09:10 AM
    I just wiped the cache. Will have to wait for an update to find out. Its odd that its only happening on this phone and not my other. I just wonder if I inadvertently turned something off.
    That shouldn't be something that the end user can turn on or off.
    06-10-2017 09:18 AM
    Maybe push service is disabled?
    06-10-2017 09:19 AM
    Maybe push service is disabled?
    Naw, Im still getting the notifications but when I click on them they dont take me to the play store. They just go away.
    06-10-2017 09:39 AM
    You aren't the only one. I've experienced this as well but I was like "Meh, I'll just go to the play store." Lol.
    06-10-2017 10:30 AM
    I just had some updates. Clicked on the notification and it did go to the play store.
    06-10-2017 10:40 AM
    You aren't the only one. I've experienced this as well but I was like "Meh, I'll just go to the play store." Lol.
    Yeah that's where I'm at with it also but was curious if it's just me or not. Glad to hear it's not.
    Anastayja1 likes this.
    06-10-2017 10:54 AM
    I had a similar issue thus morning. Had an email ad from Best Buy, but Chrome would only flash but not show content. I restarted the phone and it worked.
    06-10-2017 01:29 PM
    Same. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There isn't any rhyme or reason, but it fails more using the initial notification upon rebooting the phone.
    06-10-2017 03:51 PM
    Same. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There isn't any rhyme or reason, but it fails more using the initial notification upon rebooting the phone.
    It isn't even worth the reboot for me. I just deal with it as it is a minor inconvenience. Maybe it will be fixed in the future, who knows...
    06-10-2017 04:04 PM
    Yes, this is my experience as well. When I reboot my phone and then tap the play store icon to update the apps, it will literally take 2-3 minutes for it to finally open. I usually just go to the play store myself upon reboot.
    06-10-2017 08:11 PM
    Ive got an issue I havent seen discussed so just curious if its just me or not.

When I get a notification that theres an app update and I click on it, the notification goes away and doesnt open the play store. I have to manually open the play store and go into my apps. This doesnt happen on my G6. If I click the notification it takes me to the update section of the play store like it should.

Did I possibly turn something off causing this?
    Are you waiting long enough? I've noticed that on my Note 5, Note 7 and now my S8+ that when I tap it, it just takes a very long time for the Play Store to open. I mean it's long enough where I can open the Play Store myself, check for updates and start the update process only to have a new Play Store window open showing my updates from when I touched the notification.
    06-11-2017 10:10 PM
    Same here. All this started for me after the Oreo update this week. Apps force closing, not showing notifications, Play Store problems, etc. Wish I could revert to Nougat.

Are you waiting long enough? I've noticed that on my Note 5, Note 7 and now my S8+ that when I tap it, it just takes a very long time for the Play Store to open. I mean it's long enough where I can open the Play Store myself, check for updates and start the update process only to have a new Play Store window open showing my updates from when I touched the notification.
    03-23-2018 11:28 AM