So im from england where the s8 is about £750 and s7 edge is around £570. I want to know if payin almost £200 more for the s8 is worth it rather than buying the s7 edge.
    06-10-2017 09:23 AM
    The curved edges on the S8 are substantially better and far fewer accidental touches. The battery life on the S8 is on par with the S7 Edge but the S8 runs smoother and cooler. Cameras are basically the same. S8 uses facial recognition and iris scanning for security but the FPS is still in a weird place for my tastes. Aspect ratio is a personal preference. Some like the new ratio, some dont.

You should definitely hold both and see how they feel and the rest will be your personal preference. For me, I didnt like the S7 Edge but do like the S8 mainly because of the subtlety of the edges on the S8.
    hidinho97 likes this.
    06-10-2017 09:38 AM
    I would say it's worth it. More screen real estate, battery lasts longer, and overall great performance. I had the S7 Edge before upgrading to the S8+; I gave my S7 Edge to my mom. I would say go for it!
    06-10-2017 09:47 AM
    If you were considering the S8+ when you already owned an S7 Edge, I'd say that's a harder call. But given that only the price difference is in question here, I'd say that it is definitely worth your money to buy the S8+. In addition to the reasons already given, I would add that the user experience is much more streamlined, i.e. lag is greatly diminished and I've experienced far fewer software snafus. It's not as good as the user experience on an iPhone, but it's starting to approach that level of quality.
    hidinho97 likes this.
    06-10-2017 11:19 AM
    I would have to disagree with previous posters and say, unless you have an overriding need for something the S8 offers over the S7e, which is little IMO, then pay the extra money. My S7e worked perfectly and I see very little "extra" in my S8+.
    hidinho97 and deadbeatles like this.
    06-10-2017 11:24 AM
    I came from S7 edge... I only upgraded because I shattered the screen at work... was still functional but it was bugging me a little. I would say for the price it's not worth it if you are on a budget. However, there are a lot of things I like over the s7 edge. The long lasting battery, better edges, and less lag.
    hidinho97 and deadbeatles like this.
    06-10-2017 01:58 PM
    S8+, wow that is too big for my liking, i have quite small hands so would probably buy an s8. Are there any significant differences I should know about?
    06-10-2017 04:29 PM
    S8+, wow that is too big for my liking, i have quite small hands so would probably buy an s8. Are there any significant differences I should know about?
    Nope, apart from the size they are exactly the same phone. According to the spec sheets the phones both have the same processor, same RAM, same camera, etc.
    06-11-2017 09:17 AM
    The battery is bigger on the S8 plus. The only differences of the S8 and S8 plus is screen and battery.

If its not a budget issue, go with the S8 series. Some might think the differences are few, but they are big differences. Phone runs amazingly fast, does not get hot, battery is by far way better then S7 edge, I personally like where the FPS is, but that's a personal choice some hate it.

There's others, but of the ones listed, the number is small of difference, but they are big differences. So if you're not under budget restraints get the S8 series.
    06-11-2017 09:34 AM
    Buy a lightly used S7 Edge for half the cost.
    deadbeatles and tribexx like this.
    06-12-2017 12:02 AM
    Even better, just wait on the Note 8.
    06-12-2017 12:30 AM
    So im from england where the s8 is about £750 and s7 edge is around £570. I want to know if payin almost £200 more for the s8 is worth it rather than buying the s7 edge.
    A lot comes down to personal preference. If you like big curves, then the Galaxy S7 Edge is for you. Otherwise, the more tame curves on the S8 is the one to get. 😃

Is the S8 worth £200 more? I would say no (for the average user) It's definitely an improvement in the screen and processing departments but if you just a casual user then it won't make that much of a difference. The cameras are also pretty similar. (S8 still a little improved).

If you love gaming, and VR is something you can't live without, then I would definitely recommend the S8 because of the screen and processor. Otherwise S7 Edge. 😃
    06-12-2017 01:27 AM

Hi ,

I'm in the U.k too.

I owned the s7 edge also and pondered over exactly the same as you.

The s8+ was out of my comfort zone due to its size. Also the extra £90 increase for this model wasn't justified in my wants and needs. Bigger battery yes but my s8 is very much on par with the s7 edge which had a bigger battery than even the s8+

This left the s8.

For me it's more comfortable to hold due to its dimensions and far less palm accidental touches.

Nougat seems to work far smoother on the s8 than it did on my s7 edge. Just my own personal opinion and experience.

As mentioned the curved edges are very different and better designed and the chip etc is better optimised.

Also for future proofing it's my opinion the s8 and its hardware will possibly run Android N better. {Time will tell}
    06-12-2017 02:06 AM
    If cost is an issue always go with "last year's" phone.
    Like brand new cars, these phones take a significant drop in value as soon as you take it out of the store whereas the S7 has already lost all the value it will lose until the S9 comes out....
    tribexx likes this.
    06-12-2017 06:08 AM
    A big reason to buy the newer phone instead of the older one is security patches and OS updates in the future. A newer model phone should get 2 years of updates, but last year's phone is already nearing the ends of its service life (in the eyes of the manufacturer). If you're short on money, I would get a OnePlus 5 instead of a Samsung S7.
    06-12-2017 03:14 PM
    I would say it's worth it. More screen real estate, battery lasts longer, and overall great performance. I had the S7 Edge before upgrading to the S8+; I gave my S7 Edge to my mom. I would say go for it!
    There is actually not more screen real estate on the S8. The S8 screen is narrower than the one on the S7 Edge, and unless an app or video uses the weird aspect ratio, it will be smaller on the S8. Also, under most circumstances the "extra" screen is used for the home buttons, so I don't consider that actual screen real estate.
    06-12-2017 04:30 PM
    I opted for the S7 edge, which on contract cost nothing up front and is only £28 p/m with a very fair 8Gb of data. The S8+ was miles more expensive. I couldn't see that the S8 was worth the hefty premium.
    deadbeatles likes this.
    06-12-2017 05:00 PM
    There is actually not more screen real estate on the S8. The S8 screen is narrower than the one on the S7 Edge, and unless an app or video uses the weird aspect ratio, it will be smaller on the S8. Also, under most circumstances the "extra" screen is used for the home buttons, so I don't consider that actual screen real estate.
    My sister has the S7 Edge and I have the S8+ and it is a big difference when watching videos and playing games on the S8+ and the S7 Edge. I could imagine not much of a difference on the S8 Model, but I was originally talking about the S8+ which, to me, is worth it compared to the S7 Edge and S8
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-13-2017 10:35 PM
    Not worth upgrading from s7e but if you have a 6 or earlier, get what makes you happy. Ik not interested in the 8 at all, but everytime I work with one it grows on me. Too fragile, Im going to jump from the edge to the Active. Not an option in England though, so in that case I would wait for the Note 8 or get the edge used.
    06-14-2017 08:24 AM
    A lot comes down to personal preference. If you like big curves, then the Galaxy S7 Edge is for you. Otherwise, the more tame curves on the S8 is the one to get.

Is the S8 worth £200 more? I would say no (for the average user) It's definitely an improvement in the screen and processing departments but if you just a casual user then it won't make that much of a difference. The cameras are also pretty similar. (S8 still a little improved).

If you love gaming, and VR is something you can't live without, then I would definitely recommend the S8 because of the screen and processor. Otherwise S7 Edge.
    I agree. You hit the nail on the head.
    06-14-2017 10:04 AM
    A lot comes down to personal preference. If you like big curves, then the Galaxy S7 Edge is for you. Otherwise, the more tame curves on the S8 is the one to get. 😃

If you love gaming, and VR is something you can't live without, then I would definitely recommend the S8 because of the screen and processor. Otherwise S7 Edge. 😃
    I agree. And the 'slightly better' camera is not much different and certainly not as noticable when you compare the average mobile phone 'picture taker' with someone who uses the same phone but is a 'photographer'. Even a subpar camera can take a picture that is appealing when taken by a person who understands photography basics.
    06-14-2017 06:34 PM
    I love the s8 plus over my s7edge. Didn't think I would after seeing my friends but it no doubt blows it away to me. The screen size and battery life are worth it to me. Selling my mint s7edge and only paying a couple hundred dollars is the only way I could do it
    06-15-2017 01:15 PM