How to stop my S8+ from killing recent apps

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an annoying problem on my S8+. I have about 6-8 apps that I want to have constantly active in the background. I do not want the system to shut these down or "optimize" them. As such I have done all of the usual steps of do not optimize these apps and such, setting everything in a way that should stop the OS from killing these apps. However, despite all this and despite the fact that I am yet to hit memory limits (close to, but never over 4GB so far), the system keeps on shutting down apps that I leave running in the background (background being at minimum visible in the carousel). It's not that it even just suspends them. No, it completely kills them. They are even gone from the carousel. Now, I'd like to point out that I also experienced this issue on my S7 Edge once it was upgraded to Nougat. I did not have this problem on Marshmallow.

Any ideas how to resolve this, once and for all?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried locking the apps you want? Just in case you don't know what I mean, just open the apps you want to keep active so you have them all in the recent apps carousel, then go recent Apps and hit the 3 vertical dots at the top right and select lock apps, then just click on each app's lock icon once you are done doing that just press "DONE" at the top.