Upgrade your phone?

Lam Lam2

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
Well I was a note 7 user since launch and yes i switched over to the s7e, with that being said will samsung provide an upgrade option for us note 7 users or something? I know i could of stayed with an old backup phone and waited for the new phone to be released.then switch over but that whole note 7 was a mess to begin with and my carrier giving me so many issues with returns and credits....

samsung needs to win some people back to its brand so would that be a viable option?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Well I was a note 7 user since launch and yes i switched over to the s7e, with that being said will samsung provide an upgrade option for us note 7 users or something? I know i could of stayed with an old backup phone and waited for the new phone to be released.then switch over but that whole note 7 was a mess to begin with and my carrier giving me so many issues with returns and credits....

samsung needs to win some people back to its brand so would that be a viable option?

With carriers it was supposed to be noted that anyone who took the "loaner" device would keep their upgrade in tact when the Note 8 came out. If you got anything besides the offered loaners then you were on your own.

If you bought from Samsung and financed through them, Im not sure how they'll handle it.

GRUNT11B

May 20, 2017
Visit site
most likely not. and the bad thing is (with Verizon at least) that the S7 edge we got is not on the pay half off and upgrade plan like the N7 was. I had to pay off the device to upgrade to my S8+. which is now back on the half paid to upgrade plan.

with that said I am already happy with how I was taken care of with the whole N7 disaster. got 200$ in bill credit two 256 gb micro SD cards​, extra type C chargers and accessories for 4 new Note 7's worth cause I had two N7's.

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
With carriers it was supposed to be noted that anyone who took the "loaner" device would keep their upgrade in tact when the Note 8 came out. If you got anything besides the offered loaners then you were on your own.

If you bought from Samsung and financed through them, Im not sure how they'll handle it.

I also am a Note 7 customer with 2 recalled phones, but Sprint did not offer any sort of loaner phone and they adamantly refused to do so. And they still haven't refunded me any $ for the payments made on the Note 7, or the insurance that I also paid for on the Note 7s. I am not going to hold my breath waiting for any "help" from any of them.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I also am a Note 7 customer with 2 recalled phones, but Sprint did not offer any sort of loaner phone and they adamantly refused to do so. And they still haven't refunded me any $ for the payments made on the Note 7, or the insurance that I also paid for on the Note 7s. I am not going to hold my breath waiting for any "help" from any of them.

Thats pretty horrible. One of the lines on my At&t account had the note 7 that was given a loaner S7 Edge. Its noted on my account that I can upgrade to the Note 8 by turning in the S7 Edge at the time of upgrade with no additional costs. The S7 Edge has to be free of any damage so its been in an otterbox defender case the entire time.

I do believe there is a catch though. We pay for the S7 Edge monthly and when the Note 8 comes out we will have to pay for that monthly for the full price. We wont get any money that we paid towards the S7 Edge back. We just got to keep our upgrade status and dont have to pay off the S7 Edge before upgrading.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Will samsung provide an upgrade option for us note 7 users or something?

Are you asking if Samsung will make a Galaxy Note 8? If so, then YES one is definitely coming later this year. It's rumoured to feature dual cameras and a couple other cool features. 😃

If you are asking if Samsung will give special treatment to previous Note 7 owners and give them a discount, I don't think so. Everything will most likely be business as usual. The Galaxy S7 Edge is still a fantastic phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC