S8+ OK Google only works occasionally

SIKRIK

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having to "re-train" my ok Google voice recognition multiple times daily. It either doesn't respond at all or it responds with voice only and doesn't display the results. $800.00 for this p.o.s. and Bixby is just an extra useless button and beyond sick of yelling OK GOOGLE for apparently no reason. On my last nerve with Samsung and Google. Looking real hard at getting an iPhone. I

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
That's strange. My OK Google feature works flawlessly. I'm not sure what would be causing you to have issues. I agree about Bixby. It is worthless. I wish there was native support for remapping the Bixby button.

SIKRIK

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
It works on my samsung tablet, it worked on my v20 also. This is my 2nd s8+ due to an exchange, the first one also had the same issue. I'm really regretting coming back to Samsung after swearing that I was through with them after dealing with both Note 7 recalls.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry you're having problems with your Google Assistant. Perhaps there's a setting that needs to be changed. Try clearing your phone's cache. I hope this helps.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Is your screen off? As I recall, Ok Google doesn't work on non Nexus/pixel devices that are locked with the screen off unless it's plugged in.

SIKRIK

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it's fixed. Changed search region from current location(default) to United States and it has been working since then. Which is longer than it has since I got it.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Is your screen off? As I recall, Ok Google doesn't work on non Nexus/pixel devices that are locked with the screen off unless it's plugged in.

Thanks! You inadvertently gave me some exciting info. I had a Pixel XL and loved that I could say ok Google with the screen off and it would wake up. Nice to learn it works while the phone is plugged in. Never thought to try it since it didn't work while the screen was off unplugged.

SIKRIK

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind. Now it has started responding with voice only but not displaying the search results, it just stays on whichever screen is on. I'm done. going to disable it and bide my time until the next iPhone is released. F*ck you Google and f*ck you Samsung. Nothing would please me more than your demise

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm having to "re-train" my ok Google voice recognition multiple times daily. It either doesn't respond at all or it responds with voice only and doesn't display the results. $800.00 for this p.o.s. and Bixby is just an extra useless button and beyond sick of yelling OK GOOGLE for apparently no reason. On my last nerve with Samsung and Google. Looking real hard at getting an iPhone. I

Something similar happened to me. after about 3 or 4 attempts I powered down and restarted. Don't know what caused it to happen. All has been fine since then.

SIKRIK

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay, there was an update. I installed it and it didn't do anything whatsoever so fix my issue. Google says it's Samsung's responsibility, Samsung says it's on Google, Verizon doesn't care as long as they get paid and here I sit with a phone that doesn't have functionality in the one feature that I cannot do without.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01