06-25-2017 03:38 AM
98 1234
tools
    Just using it bare right now feels great!
    There you go. Enjoy!
    06-17-2017 05:32 PM
    I had given up on them for this phone about 3 weeks ago. then I got scratches on my screen without ever dropping it. Decided to give it one last shot and got the Zagg. 3 days in and so far it is great. Hoping it stays that way.
    06-17-2017 06:25 PM
    didn't even try any screen protector, and got my s8plus on launch day. no scratches at all, and it's in and out of my pocket all day long with two jobs. left front pocket is designated for my phone and nothing else, in the car it's either in the cup holder or face up on the passenger seat. after all the user reviews and me trying with the S7 edge five times last year, I decided to not fight with it this time.
    06-17-2017 09:07 PM
    eurpmask is pretty good
    06-17-2017 09:31 PM
    No screen protector, no case, no insurance, no problem.
    Lepa79 and jon4400 like this.
    06-17-2017 11:30 PM
    Depending on what's in the bag could very well explain your screen.

Mine goes in and out of my pocket 100 times a day and still perfect. I go to softball games 4 times a week where the screen gets pretty dusty to the point that I wash it in the sink when I get home. Even with all that dust I still don't have any issues.

Some of your scratches actually look like swirl marks from cleaning the screen while something abrasive was on it.

Scratches will eventually happen but yours are extreme and look alot worse than normal use. The one in the middle, that makes a Y, looks like it was ran across something very abrasive.
    Still, it's unacceptable and it's a design flaw. Even other Galaxy users are complaining on the other forums. I recall the Galaxy S4, S5, Note 3 and 4 having much tougher and scratch resistant glass.
    06-18-2017 12:10 PM
    From an owner on the Samsung forums. Look like he placed it face down on the table, which is actually a feature of the S8 because of the curved screen it supposed to light up on the sides like the previous S7 and S6 edge when you get notifications.

Finally giving up on screen protectors.-large.jpg
    06-18-2017 12:12 PM
    Still, it's unacceptable and it's a design flaw. Even other Galaxy users are complaining on the other forums. I recall the Galaxy S4, S5, Note 3 and 4 having much tougher and scratch resistant glass.
    Its far from a design flaw. They used Gorilla glass 3 and 4 on the phones you mentioned. 3 was arguably one of the best for scratch resistance. Now theyve gone for a more shatter resistant version for obvious reasons. If it was a design flaw every single one of our screens would look like yours. A design flaw would be the coating on the G6 camera getting scratched to all hell requiring us to polish it out.

The fact of the matter is, if you dont put the screen in a pocket/bag with other objects or face down on an abrasive surface, you can avoid scratches pretty easily.

I saw one guy complain because he put his iPhone 4s in the same pocket of his S8 and the s8 screen scratched. Well no kidding it scratched. You rubbed an aluminum framed phone against a glass phone repeatedly for God knows how long.

I don't baby my phone since my work is covering the insurance and deductible, but I still don't have a single mark on it.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    06-18-2017 12:19 PM
    Its far from a design flaw. They used Gorilla glass 3 and 4 on the phones you mentioned. 3 was arguably one of the best for scratch resistance. Now theyve gone for a more shatter resistant version for obvious reasons. If it was a design flaw every single one of our screens would look like yours. A design flaw would be the coating on the G6 camera getting scratched to all hell requiring us to polish it out.

The fact of the matter is, if you dont put the screen in a pocket/bag with other objects or face down on an abrasive surface, you can avoid scratches pretty easily.

I saw one guy complain because he put his iPhone 4s in the same pocket of his S8 and the s8 screen scratched. Well no kidding it scratched. You rubbed an aluminum framed phone against a glass phone repeatedly for God knows how long.

I don't baby my phone since my work is covering the insurance and deductible, but I still don't have a single mark on it.
    Just wait. Give it a little more time and one day you'll wake up with a big scratch on it and you'll be like darn it oh well. May not happen now but soon. Even my glass screen protector on my V20 doesn't scratch this easily and it's just a screen protector.
    06-18-2017 12:26 PM
    Look at the Samsung forums. Everyone is talking about it. Here's a quote:

"Same thing> I have a s6 and s4 that have zero scratches. I have not used a screen protector since my blackberry. I had this a week and only put in my pocket by itself and it has micro scratches as if my pants were made of sand paper. I dont know if i can deal with this for 2 years. Wish i waited for the pixel2"

Not trying to troll, just trying to warn y'all.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ily/td-p/93816

Finally giving up on screen protectors.-20170503_180332.jpgFinally giving up on screen protectors.-large-1-.jpg
    06-18-2017 12:30 PM
    Just wait. Give it a little more time and one day you'll wake up with a big scratch on it and you'll be like darn it oh well. May not happen now but soon. Even my glass screen protector on my V20 doesn't scratch this easily and it's just a screen protector.
    I've already stated it will scratch. The thing is, you're warning others that your screen is caused by normal use and even you've admitted in another thread that you don't take care of yours because it's a work owned phone. It's a glass phone. Throwing it in a bag is not how you protect a glass phone. Wiping the screen with debris on it is not how you protect a glass screen.

That's the difference here. You are rough on your phone and it shows. You can't blame Samsung because you don't worry about protecting it and as a result have scratched it to all hell.

It's like the guy who dropped his and blames Samsung because it cracked. Take care of your stuff properly and these things won't happen.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    06-18-2017 12:31 PM
    I've already stated it will scratch. The thing is, you're warning others that your screen is caused by normal use and even you've admitted in another thread that you don't take care of yours because it's a work owned phone. It's a glass phone. Throwing it in a bag is not how you protect a glass phone. Wiping the screen with debris on it is not how you protect a glass screen.

That's the difference here. You are rough on your phone and it shows. You can't blame Samsung because you don't worry about protecting it and as a result have scratched it to all hell.

It's like the guy who dropped his and blames Samsung because it cracked. Take care of your stuff properly and these things won't happen.
    I was using it like an average American would, and not be paranoid that it'll scratch that easily (bc I remember the Note 3, S4 & S5 not scratching so easily). I was wrong and it scratches very fast.
    06-18-2017 12:34 PM

"Same thing> I have a s6 and s4 that have zero scratches. I have not used a screen protector since my blackberry. I had this a week and only put in my pocket by itself and it has micro scratches as if my pants were made of sand paper. I dont know if i can deal with this for 2 years. Wish i waited for the pixel2"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170503_180332.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	491.3 KB 
ID:	262165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large (1).jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	262166
    This is such BS. My phone in and out of my pockets 100 times a day. Front pocket, back pocket, even sat on the phone many times. Not a single scratch. How is that possible?
    crzycrkr likes this.
    06-18-2017 02:05 PM
    This is such BS. My phone in and out of my pockets 100 times a day. Front pocket, back pocket, even sat on the phone many times. Not a single scratch. How is that possible?
    It will pretty soon.

BTW the front seems to scratch easier than back.
    06-18-2017 03:09 PM
    Bodyguardz Pure ARC on for almost a month now and it's been flawless.

Attachment 261966
    So you decided to go with the Speck Persidio instead of the Defender this time? What do you think of the Persidio plain black case without the rubber grips?
    blaine07 likes this.
    06-18-2017 03:31 PM
    It will pretty soon.

Have dbrand skin on the back because the back gets more abused than front. Also, people should never put face down on tables if they don't have a case with a lip. If you are putting phone gave down on surfaces with no case with lip or screen protector, you are abusing your phone
    06-18-2017 03:59 PM

Not a chance that happened just from going in and out of a pocket. Judging by the position of the scratches, that was slid face down multiple times on a table.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    06-18-2017 04:42 PM
    Not a chance that happened just from going in and out of a pocket. Judging by the position of the scratches, that was slid face down multiple times on a table.
    The way the scratches go side to side, you can tell it's definitely not from normal pocketing of the phone. The scratches would go vertical vs horizontal.

That phone has been slid across a table, or something similar, face down.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    06-18-2017 05:24 PM
    It will pretty soon.

People said the same thing about the S7 Edge. I had that phone over a year with zero scratches.

Samsung has sold millions of S8 phones. 10 people on a forum aren't going to convince me. Especially since I have to take their word for it that they didn't abuse their phones.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    06-18-2017 06:59 PM
    The way the scratches go side to side, you can tell it's definitely not from normal pocketing of the phone. The scratches would go vertical vs horizontal.

That phone has been slid across a table, or something similar, face down.
    A table​ isn't abrasive. Should be able to handle it. And Samsung also advertised the edge display feature where you place it face down to see notifications from the edges. At least from what I remembered from the edge series.
    06-19-2017 02:28 AM

The thing I am finding from these people though ... they're putting it face down. I never do this .. I see no reason to place any phone (curved or not) on its screen when it can sit on its back just fine.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    06-19-2017 02:34 AM
    Yeah .. I am not seeing a pocket doing that. Those scratches shouldn't be caused by fabric such as your jeans, shorts, etc.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    06-19-2017 02:35 AM
    Quite a debate going on here. I'm buying an S8 despite my fears. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but the size of my iPhone 6S+ is really driving me nuts and I wanna try something new. It's in a case with a glass screen protector so I'm used to that sort of thing. I've also dropped it more times than I can count without a scratch. But I've replaced the screen protector five times.
    06-19-2017 04:33 AM
    A table​ isn't abrasive. Should be able to handle it. And Samsung also advertised the edge display feature where you place it face down to see notifications from the edges. At least from what I remembered from the edge series.
    Really? I've got a cement slab table in my warehouse that would disagree. Or a slate table top, some granite. There's more than just Formica tables
    crzycrkr likes this.
    06-19-2017 07:29 AM
    Really? I've got a cement slab table in my warehouse that would disagree. Or a slate table top, some granite. There's more than just Formica tables
    They advertised​ the ability to place the phone face down on the table during business meetings, and have the edge light up for notifications. Shouldn't be something that should be avoided. How else would the edge lighting work?

Finally giving up on screen protectors.-screenshot_20170619-100358.jpg
    06-19-2017 01:16 PM
98 1234