Yesterday 02:38 AM
98 ... 234
tools
    Never said it should be avoided however it shouldnt be slid across an abrasive surface. The fact is, that in the above picture someone laid the phone down on an abrasive surface causing horizontal scratching. It did not happen by putting it in a pocket. A screen also does not scratch on an abrasive surface unless it is moved across it.

I dont know what more to tell you besides, the examples you have given prove only that the people with destroyed screen did not take care of them in the manner that someone who cares about scratches would. You dont put them in a bag, as youve stated you do. You dont put them in a pocket with other objects, as the guy with the iphone 4s did. You dont let them slide on abrasive surfaces as the above images show, and you dont wipe them while debris is on the screen as shown in your images.

If you dont do any of those things and actually take care of your device, then yes minor scratches may appear over time but they are not guaranteed as you seem to think they are. Even when people are showing you that theirs are fine you refuse to accept responsibility for your damage. If I treat mine the exact same way I have since I got it then I will never get a scratch considering I have zero as of this moment.

You destroyed your phone, not some flaw in manufacturing. You even admit to treating your phone less carefully because you dont own it. Stop blaming anyone else for your carelessness.
    crzycrkr and sweetypie31 like this.
    06-19-2017 12:22 PM
    A table​ isn't abrasive. Should be able to handle it. And Samsung also advertised the edge display feature where you place it face down to see notifications from the edges. At least from what I remembered from the edge series.
    Are you kidding me with this nonsense? All tables are abrasive, some moreso than others. Even a perfectly smooth glass table will still scratch something softer. (in this case, the oleophobic coating on an S8 display) That phone was, in no way, shape, or form, just placed face down on a table. Someone slid it, side to side, and that's what scratched it.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    06-19-2017 10:48 PM
    They advertised​ the ability to place the phone face down on the table during business meetings, and have the edge light up for notifications. Shouldn't be something that should be avoided. How else would the edge lighting work?

Attachment 262204
    By caerfully setting your phone face down on a smooth surface. Not sliding it across. Care is needed when handling any expensive smartphone. Common sense tells me to be careful with my phone, I don't care what kind of material is used.

And FWI, the edge lighting also works face up on the S8
    crzycrkr likes this.
    06-19-2017 11:13 PM
    Never said it should be avoided however it shouldnt be slid across an abrasive surface. The fact is, that in the above picture someone laid the phone down on an abrasive surface causing horizontal scratching. It did not happen by putting it in a pocket. A screen also does not scratch on an abrasive surface unless it is moved across it.

I dont know what more to tell you besides, the examples you have given prove only that the people with destroyed screen did not take care of them in the manner that someone who cares about scratches would. You dont put them in a bag, as youve stated you do. You dont put them in a pocket with other objects, as the guy with the iphone 4s did. You dont let them slide on abrasive surfaces as the above images show, and you dont wipe them while debris is on the screen as shown in your images.

If you dont do any of those things and actually take care of your device, then yes minor scratches may appear over time but they are not guaranteed as you seem to think they are. Even when people are showing you that theirs are fine you refuse to accept responsibility for your damage. If I treat mine the exact same way I have since I got it then I will never get a scratch considering I have zero as of this moment.

You destroyed your phone, not some flaw in manufacturing. You even admit to treating your phone less carefully because you dont own it. Stop blaming anyone else for your carelessness.
    Still, shouldn't have gotten scratched up so fast. It was less than a month.
    06-20-2017 12:09 AM
    So you decided to go with the Speck Persidio instead of the Defender this time? What do you think of the Persidio plain black case without the rubber grips?
    Sorry, not @felloffthetruck BUT Speck Presidio non grip and Bodyguardz Pure Arc is a delicious combo. Presidio no grip is pretty slick but goes right to edge of Bodyguardz. Not sure any other S8+ case I've used has as good of button feel as Presidio. The grip and non grip versions are very good cases. Non grip I'll say again, is pretty slick. Probably no more slick than OtterBox Symmetry and Presidios both up a bit higher on side edges.

On a side note using a much MUCH cheaper Patchworks ITG case today and it's very similar to both Symmetry and Presidio fitment wise, pretty slick, but much more affordable at $15 😁 I have used about a dozen cases now and seems I keep cycling between Presidio Grip, no grip, Symmetry and a Ringke case I have. For the money the Silk Base Grip is a good case too, albeit not nearly as protective as above mentioned.

As far as glass I've used Candy Bar special on Amazon, Klearlook, Gpel, a Zagg and Bodyguardz(have a iBlason I haven't tried yet). Candy Bar and Klearlook were total junk. Popped off and useless. Gpel had great fitment but dot matrix amplified under sun a and made phone useless outside. Zagg had a corner that wouldn't stay down, used their alignment tray so perfectly centered but of the group it's a head to head contender with Bodyguardz. Zagg has NO dot matrix. Bodyguardz has best fitment and VERY MINIMAL dot matrix under sunlight. So far Bodyguardz is best protector because it's staid on, but Zagg would win if they could get consistent glass moulding. Every screen protector I've used, unfortunately, it's subject to catching crap along edges. 😭

/The end LOL
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    06-20-2017 01:31 AM
    I got the Bodyguard one fitted. Took it back to because it got loose after 2 days.
    Got a new one fitted and so far it's still sits perfectly after a week.
    blaine07 likes this.
    06-20-2017 01:57 AM
    tech 21 just got and it's great . better then the oem one.
    06-20-2017 02:47 AM
    Still, shouldn't have gotten scratched up so fast. It was less than a month.
    When you abuse it, it gets scratched. Plenty of people here have been using their phones normally without a screen protector and haven't had any issues.
    06-21-2017 12:07 AM
    I was done after one.

I'm loving it, finally using it as intended.
    06-21-2017 01:01 AM
    The Defender case seems to be quite a challenge when it comes to screen protectors!
    06-22-2017 07:15 AM
    How is the glare off it & any issue with excessive fingerprints?
    No glare but it does get some fingerprints. The oleophobic coating on the Bodyguardz is fantastic.
    06-22-2017 07:44 AM
    Over a month. No screen protector and phone in and out of my pockets 100 times a day. Not a single scratch. Minimal thin case and nothing on display screen.

It's amazing how some posts shows the phone beat up and posters say they never dropped or abused their phone. It simply just doesn't add up, I'm sorry.
    Same here got a cheap 20$ silicone case for grip over a month old 0 scratches. Though results may vary on the subject as lint in your pocket CAN scratch your screen but if you don't drop it there's little chance to break it.
    06-22-2017 10:26 AM
    Bought a 60.00 Zagg, snapped down the middle trying to uninstall an icon (pushing on screen), within 3 hours of purchase at AT&T. Zagg wants to charge me 10.00 to ship a replacement!!! Freaking rip off!! Going back to att and hopefully they'll refund me. Yup, I'll just use the insurance to replace the screen, if I Scratch/Crack it. It's a 50.00 deductible. SMH
    06-24-2017 03:54 AM
    I am using an Olixar glass. I have not had any issues with any cases no touch sensitivity
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2017 10:23 AM
    06-24-2017 10:40 AM
    Bought a 60.00 Zagg, snapped down the middle trying to uninstall an icon (pushing on screen), within 3 hours of purchase at AT&T. Zagg wants to charge me 10.00 to ship a replacement!!! Freaking rip off!! Going back to att and hopefully they'll refund me. Yup, I'll just use the insurance to replace the screen, if I Scratch/Crack it. It's a 50.00 deductible. SMH
    Absolutley the worst screen protector ever made. When I got my s8 plus last week they insisted on this one. Guy even put it on wrong. Didn't use the included plastic frame to do it right. Came off within three days. The store would not refund me so I raised heck on social media to ATT until they finally refunded me and took 50 bucks off the phone. I had already traded them my iphone for 200 off so in the end 250 bucks off the phone wasn't a bad deal. I'm now not using a protector at all.
    06-24-2017 01:15 PM
    Just picked up a lifeproof fre case at best buy. If your looking for great protection and a way to protect the screen it's a good choice.

Expensive but they did a great job fixing the Mic and speaker issues.
    06-24-2017 02:24 PM
    This.
    if you are jump on demand or ATT next program, why in the heck would anyone care about covering up that awesome feeling glass?

No thank you, I'll enjoy my phone until I'm able to next to the next big thing. It will not make a difference if the screen is scratch or ZERO scratches.
    I'd be concerned about "excess" wear and tear as determined by the provider.

Has anyone traded in a scratched up phone during upgrade time with no issues?
    06-24-2017 05:44 PM
    This.
    if you are jump on demand or ATT next program, why in the heck would anyone care about covering up that awesome feeling glass?

No thank you, I'll enjoy my phone until I'm able to next to the next big thing. It will not make a difference if the screen is scratch or ZERO scratches.
    At&t can and will deny your next turn in if the phone is scratched. Went through that twice with them on iPhones and was told again when they tried to give me an s7 edge as a loaner for the note 7.

I believe it also states in the contract that they can decline your early next if the device has any damage.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    06-24-2017 05:55 PM
    I'd be concerned about "excess" wear and tear as determined by the provider.

Has anyone traded in a scratched up phone during upgrade time with no issues?
    Normal scratches on the screen shouldn't be an issue. It's when you get deep scratches, or damage to the frame that they'll deny it.
    06-24-2017 07:04 PM
    At&t can and will deny your next turn in if the phone is scratched. Went through that twice with them on iPhones and was told again when they tried to give me an s7 edge as a loaner for the note 7.

I believe it also states in the contract that they can decline your early next if the device has any damage.

How bad were the scratches? When I was a sales rep at Att the only reason we would deny the trade in is if the phone had been dropped or the glass was cracked, never because of scratches.
    06-24-2017 07:06 PM
    How bad were the scratches? When I was a sales rep at Att the only reason we would deny the trade in is if the phone had been dropped or the glass was cracked, never because of scratches.
    One had 4 or 5 across the top area of the screen almost the whole width. The other was my daughter's who had one really long one down the side and a scuff on the top of the frame. They claimed it was damaged and couldn't accept it. I sold them both on Craigslist within a day to pay off the balance.
    06-24-2017 07:09 PM
    One had 4 or 5 across the top area of the screen almost the whole width. The other was my daughter's who had one really long one down the side and a scuff on the top of the frame. They claimed it was damaged and couldn't accept it. I sold them both on Craigslist within a day to pay off the balance.
    Sounds about right. A scuff wouldn't be allowed, and depending on the depth of the scratches, they'd flag that too. The body basically has to be pristine.
    Yesterday 02:38 AM
98 ... 234