Dripplers article about the fingerprint scanner

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think this p5ast of the article is absolutely true ! At least that's my opinion.
ead4a3438e2ae4fc795214804d7b376a.jpg

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
When I first got this phone, I hated the location of the FPS. Now, it's no problem. I have the plus model and I've totally gotten used to it. I don't mind it at all now.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I don't mind it because mine sits in a Samsung case. It would be better though if it was placed below the camera.
There really is no denying in that guys.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It was a non issue after about 24 hours with the phone. I hit it every time with either hand. It's amazing the way our minds work. We can adapt pretty quickly if we allow ourselves too.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It was a non issue after about 24 hours with the phone. I hit it every time with either hand. It's amazing the way our minds work. We can adapt pretty quickly if we allow ourselves too.

Very true. The mind is a very powerful thing.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't mind the location, because the damn thing won't ever read my fingerprint correctly anyways, so I don't use it.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had the S8 for a month now and the fingerprint sensor is in the worst spot possible. I don't understand the mental gymnastics trying to rationalize its positioning. It's terrible, and I love my S8.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had the S8 for a month now and the fingerprint sensor is in the worst spot possible. I don't understand the mental gymnastics trying to rationalize its positioning. It's terrible, and I love my S8.
I'll admit I'm used to it now, but the placement is ridiculous. That and the damn Bixby button. Stupid.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll admit I'm used to it now, but the placement is ridiculous. That and the damn Bixby button. Stupid.
I'll give you that, however with my BK disabler Pro from Samsung in the Play Store I completely disable Bixby. Do I accidentally hit the button? Yes, I don't care though nothing happens hahaha

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site

I've had a much easier time unlocking with one hand using my index finger on the s8+ FPS and then transitioning into using the phone vs the transition from the thumb to unlock on my note 5 FPS to using the phone. Maybe it's because my hands are on the smaller side and I can still completely grip the phone while using the FPS and I don't feel like I have to juggle the phone back into position while using it one handed like on the note 5, idk. But I do know it's not terrible in my mind at all. It's better and faster. To each their own...

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had a much easier time unlocking with one hand using my index finger on the s8+ FPS and then transitioning into using the phone vs the transition from the thumb to unlock on my note 5 FPS to using the phone. Maybe it's because my hands are on the smaller side and I can still completely grip the phone while using the FPS and I don't feel like I have to juggle the phone back into position while using it one handed like on the note 5, idk. But I do know it's not terrible in my mind at all. It's better and faster. To each their own...
True. I like it's location.