Find out if my S8 is unlocked?

BouncyRoo

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine from Samsung.com, and I finally got T-Mobile to help me unlock it. It was successful, the Device Unlock app is disabled after that. Is there a way to verify that the phone is unlocked?

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine from Samsung Store as unlocked. I was told by the rep that once I put in a SIM card it will be locked to that card. But I was given an unlock code on my sales receipt should I ever want to unlock it for a different provider. You should have been provided an unlock code.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine from Samsung Store as unlocked. I was told by the rep that once I put in a SIM card it will be locked to that card. But I was given an unlock code on my sales receipt should I ever want to unlock it for a different provider. You should have been provided an unlock code.

TMobile has an app that does it too. As long as the unlock shows successful when it was completed, then you'll be good.

BouncyRoo

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't aware of any code from a sales receipt. Did it come as an invoice with the package? Because I didn't notice it. I still have the email receipt when I ordered it but nothing indicates it.

I bought this as a T-Mobile version, so not unlocked. I had to wait 40 days before I could get it unlocked.

After it has been unlocked, is there a way to tell if it is or not? Somewhere in the settings > about phone?

Last edited:

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I actually walked into a Samsung Store and bought mine unlocked. On my sales receipt I was provided an unlock code.

But as stated if your phone showed unlock then it will be and just carry on using it.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
su supposedly they can all be SIM unlocked to go from carrier to carrier. A fully unlocked one will have no carrier bloat on it.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't aware of any code from a sales receipt. Did it come as an invoice with the package? Because I didn't notice it. I still have the email receipt when I ordered it but nothing indicates it.

I bought this as a T-Mobile version, so not unlocked. I had to wait 40 days before I could get it unlocked.

After it has been unlocked, is there a way to tell if it is or not? Somewhere in the settings > about phone?

The only way you will know for sure is if you somehow borrow someone's SIM that isn't from T-Mobile, like AT&T for example and if you can see the AT&T at the top left hand corner and are able to make a call, then it's unlocked. But your version would be known as GSM unlocked, not the same as the actual unlocked model that Samsung is selling

njdan30

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Try a different sim from another carrier