06-28-2017 10:15 AM
95 1234
tools
    Yep. Weren't they the ones who got in trouble for leaking the iPhone prototype?
    Might have been. In your opinion, which wesite/blog has the most useful or unbiased smartphone/technology news? I usually read Phonearena.com however, they also seem to be very biased towards Apple as well.
    06-16-2017 03:12 PM
    The masses don't understand tech, simple as that. It amazes me how people don't care how trapped they are in one particular company's world.

The Apple execs are ROFLing hard, daily.
    06-16-2017 05:21 PM
    The masses don't understand tech, simple as that. It amazes me how people don't care how trapped they are in one particular company's world.

The Apple execs are ROFLing hard, daily.
    Ya know, I definitely agree with you...my father and I love technology. He's a retired computer programmer so it does come with the territory. The rest of my family, not so much. they could care less about technology's just as long as it works correctly. Same thing with my GF and her family. It is what it is though. though. .

Yeah, hahaha absolutely. Apple executives are hysterically laughing as we speak!
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-16-2017 05:29 PM
    Does not suprise me one bit, no matter how much i love my s8+ gotta give it to apple, they're marketing geniuses and imo their biggest advantage is they make their own OS and phones unlike google that's fragmented all over the place (don't get me wrong more choices is better for consumers but it gets a bit chaotic by times with all the choices).I tried the iphone 6 way back and i didn't keep it long before i traded for a note 4 ,and THE biggest thing i've noticed is apple seems to have a smoother touchscreen experience,i could be crazy but i still rather keep my feet unchained if you get what i mean ahah. I don't do alot with my phones but if i wanna do something i like having the option to do it(playing emulators,changing the theme,fonts etc). Overall dosen't matter to me how far behind android may fall i'll still stick with google because i have no use for facetime and imessage or all that closed system crap.
    06-17-2017 12:44 AM
    Can't you remap the Bixby button too? I wish phones had more hard buttons, I'd love being able to have more customizable direct shortcuts from a couple hard buttons, then could trigger Tasker tasks from my pocket. Like others said just disable it if that's your only problem.

I'm still using the Note 7 with no issues and only skipped the S8+ because I wanted to wait for the Note 8.
    You can still remap the button even after samsung's infamous patch that should've killed that

on another note (no puns intended) but how are you using a note 7 still 0.0 i heard they pretty much killed it with multiple patches to discourage people from using it.
    06-17-2017 12:47 AM
    I will never by Iphone. They are boring to me. Love my S8+
    06-17-2017 02:42 AM
    iPhone 7, 7 Plus remain top sellers as Galaxy S8 sales disappoint in the US – BGR

I know the phone is popular, but this a bit shocking. .
    I bought this phone day of launch. I saw my first G8 in the wild (apart from mine, of course) late last week. Kinda surprising that I haven't seen more.
    06-19-2017 09:34 AM
    Samsung is too preoccupied with beating Apple. It's an unhealthy obsession. It led to an early release of last year's Note, which wasn't ready and the S8 with its fingerprint scanner and eye unlock problems. Neither device was ready for prime time upon release. Samsung wanted to integrate the sensor on the front of the S8 or below the camera lens but they were so terrified about the iPhone getting out first that they scrapped due process. Now, as with the Note, the S8 is suffering for it. Samsung needs to figure out a way to evict Apple from its head where Apple has been living rent free for 10 years. Then perhaps Samsung can produce the device that we all know they're capable of. Samsung, you're never going to outsell Apple. Love it or hate it, iPhone is a cultural phenomenon. Part of pop culture.
    Remember the famous phrase, "Is it an iPhone killer?" You'll never hear that famous line used in reference to a Samsung device.
    06-19-2017 09:52 AM
    I agree with you unfortunately. I mean I love my S8, but wow yes, companies are obsessed a little too much with the competition. Competition is a good thing to a degree, but not the way Samsung and Apple play it out.
    06-19-2017 10:28 AM
    Samsung is too preoccupied with beating Apple. It's an unhealthy obsession. It led to an early release of last year's Note, which wasn't ready and the S8 with its fingerprint scanner and eye unlock problems. Neither device was ready for prime time upon release. Samsung wanted to integrate the sensor on the front of the S8 or below the camera lens but they were so terrified about the iPhone getting out first that they scrapped due process. Now, as with the Note, the S8 is suffering for it. Samsung needs to figure out a way to evict Apple from its head where Apple has been living rent free for 10 years. Then perhaps Samsung can produce the device that we all know they're capable of. Samsung, you're never going to outsell Apple. Love it or hate it, iPhone is a cultural phenomenon. Part of pop culture.
    Remember the famous phrase, "Is it an iPhone killer?" You'll never hear that famous line used in reference to a Samsung device.
    I couldn't disagree more with that! There is nothing wrong with the s8 at all, as an owner of one I don't feel this product has been rushed at all. It has a balance of excellent build quality, great features and it all works really well in my experience. I don't quite understand your reference to eye unlock, there's no issue with that... It works as designed, as that form of technology works...

I don't think they released this to beat apple...I think it has however, renders of the iPhone 8 are hideous.
    06-19-2017 10:56 AM
    I couldn't disagree more with that! There is nothing wrong with the s8 at all, as an owner of one I don't feel this product has been rushed at all. It has a balance of excellent build quality, great features and it all works really well in my experience. I don't quite understand your reference to eye unlock, there's no issue with that... It works as designed, as that form of technology works...

I don't think they released this to beat apple...I think it has however, renders of the iPhone 8 are hideous.
    absolutely. Samsung wasn't rushed in releasing this phone, nor does it feel like it was rushed whatsoever. Fast, smooth, beautiful running Samsung Galaxy phone with the latest s/w on it, and IP 68 Water rating. Battery performance is exceptional. What more could you ask for.
    06-19-2017 11:04 AM
    absolutely. Samsung wasn't rushed in releasing this phone, nor does it feel like it was rushed whatsoever. Fast, smooth, beautiful running Samsung Galaxy phone with the latest s/w on it, and IP 68 Water rating. Battery performance is exceptional. What more could you ask for.
    Agree with most of this but not all, not really latest S/W, 7.1.2 was released on April, 7.1.1 more than 6 months ago and 7.1 about 8 months. One thing though, it has latest Samsung S/W on it, that's true.
    06-19-2017 11:10 AM
    Honestly Apple should be the least of their concern right now... Samsung's Android share is being threatened not by Apple sales more than other Android manufacturers making better Android phones and for every million phones they sell, it's a million less that would have gone to Samsung.

5-10 million G6s and V20s here, 5+ million OnePlus', 10+ million huawei phones, a few million Pixels... it adds up. LG, Moto, huawei, OnePlus, Google, etc... they are all making solid flagship spec'd phones.

I agree with you unfortunately. I mean I love my S8, but wow yes, companies are obsessed a little too much with the competition. Competition is a good thing to a degree, but not the way Samsung and Apple play it out.
    gendo667 likes this.
    06-19-2017 11:17 AM
    Agree with most of this but not all, not really latest S/W, 7.1.2 was released on April, 7.1.1 more than 6 months ago and 7.1 about 8 months. One thing though, it has latest Samsung S/W on it, that's true.
    Yes, you're right, however the ONLY android phone to have Nougat 7.1.2 on it technically is the Pixel or the Nexus 6P in the beta program. That's it. We'll have to see how long it takes Samsung to get Android O onto the S8's.
    06-19-2017 11:20 AM
    Honestly Apple should be the least of their concern right now... Samsung's Android share is being threatened not by Apple sales more than other Android manufacturers making better Android phones and for every million phones they sell, it's a million less that would have gone to Samsung.

5-10 million G6s and V20s here, 5+ million OnePlus', 10+ million huawei phones, a few million Pixels... it adds up. LG, Moto, huawei, OnePlus, Google, etc... they are all making solid flagship spec'd phones.
    Yeah true. The only thing is that the OnePlus phones aren't mass sold in the states; at least not to my knowledge they're not. LG G6, Motorola, and HTC phones are. The HTC U11 I've read reviews online about it are good but not great. Certainly not better than the S8. As for the LG G6, I've also read mixed reviews about that phone too. Some people say it's awesome, while others say that its good, but not great. I honestly was looking to buy the G6, the problem really came down to LG's UI skin. LG doesn't know how to make good efficient usage of the new screen real estate, and the bezel less design. Samsung's Touchwiz UI does a better job of that in my opinion. For ex. the resizeable windows not just the multi window panel but being able to resize any app into a smaller window is a huge benefit to me.
    06-19-2017 11:26 AM
    If you think that's shocking, look at it in terms of profit share in the mobile market...

https://www.electronicsweekly.com/ne...share-2017-06/

iPhone 7, 7 Plus remain top sellers as Galaxy S8 sales disappoint in the US – BGR

I know the phone is popular, but this a bit shocking. .
    06-19-2017 11:39 AM
    wow. Well there are all these different and somewhat conflicting reports for smartphone sales, especially in the states.
    06-19-2017 11:42 AM
    When other sources other than the Apple centric BGR reports on actual numbers, I'll buy it.
    06-19-2017 01:53 PM
    True that. good point.
    06-19-2017 01:54 PM
    I'm wondering why the S8 has gone on sale so soon for only being out for two months. $100 off is a pretty big drop. Are sales hurting?
    06-19-2017 01:57 PM
    It's not worth the initial price, and will be blown away by iPhone later this year. I'm not an apple fan btw.
    Besides that, there are several issues not everyone is suffering from, but many do. It's not a phone I recommend to my friends for example.
    06-19-2017 02:07 PM
    I don't think sales are hurting, I think Samsung is trying to get as many sales as it can before the iPhone launches so this is why all of the sales we are seeing on the s8/s8+
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-19-2017 02:07 PM
    I have an s8+ and greatly satisfied with it didn't have any issues with it (appart from a slight redish tint on first boot but quickly fixed with the provided options),but i simply cannot agree with those saying that it's perfect as i think it's obvious that NO phone is perfect samsung wanted the fps on the home button but that wasen't ready and instead of releasing a beast phone they seem to went meh and put it on the back. Although i didn't have any issues lots and lots of people either old or new owners are still having several issues, and although i don't like apple at all i've barely heard anything bad about the 7 (could be that apple fans are dumb too but anyway). If they already lowered the price 100$ i'm glad cause that thing aint cheap after all and they will most likely sell more with that lower price.

NB : in canada my carrier is selling it about 200$ cheaper now actually so i'm a bit angry but oh well xD
    06-19-2017 03:20 PM
    I agree. I don't think the phone is perfect. Sorry if I made it seem like that's what I meant as well. No phone is perfect, however, it performs fast, smooth overall, it has a great experience.
    06-19-2017 03:23 PM
    I have an s8+ and greatly satisfied with it didn't have any issues with it (appart from a slight redish tint on first boot but quickly fixed with the provided options),but i simply cannot agree with those saying that it's perfect as i think it's obvious that NO phone is perfect samsung wanted the fps on the home button but that wasen't ready and instead of releasing a beast phone they seem to went meh and put it on the back. Although i didn't have any issues lots and lots of people either old or new owners are still having several issues, and although i don't like apple at all i've barely heard anything bad about the 7 (could be that apple fans are dumb too but anyway). If they already lowered the price 100$ i'm glad cause that thing aint cheap after all and they will most likely sell more with that lower price.

NB : in canada my carrier is selling it about 200$ cheaper now actually so i'm a bit angry but oh well xD
    The finger print scanner located on the back really doesn't bother me anymore and it seems faster than the S7 finger print sensor. I have facial recognition set on it but still find it faster to use the finger print scanner.

It's a non issue for me now. Also the iPhone 8 will still not be as good as the S8 and Note 8. Probably will still be stuck a year behind as usual with iPhone.

I'm glad I wasn't able to get the 7 Plus when I returned the Note. I was going to order it the day of pre sales but it was sold out. I like the s8 Plus a lot better!
    06-19-2017 04:50 PM
95 1234