06-28-2017 09:15 AM
95 ... 234
tools
    The finger print scanner located on the back really doesn't bother me anymore and it seems faster than the S7 finger print sensor. I have facial recognition set on it but still find it faster to use the finger print scanner.

It's a non issue for me now. Also the iPhone 8 will still not be as good as the S8 and Note 8. Probably will still be stuck a year behind as usual with iPhone.

I'm glad I wasn't able to get the 7 Plus when I returned the Note. I was going to order it the day of pre sales but it was sold out. I like the s8 Plus a lot better!
    Out of curiosity have you tried the eye scanner ? Mine works a bit too well lolz through my normal and polarized glasses in the brightess sunlight or the darkess of nights face recognition didn't work for me but i do agree the fps seems faster than anything (didn't try the s7 but it's clearly faster than my note 5 and s6 for sure). Personally though i hate iphones i simply cannot accept that closed ecosystem mentality and i don't have any other apple products + i'd rather die than use itunes ahah :P
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-19-2017 04:25 PM
    Yea, I've used the iris scanner before but I wear contacts and without them in it won't pickup my eyes.

Apple just sucks. Period.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-19-2017 05:07 PM
    The S8 isn't a perfect phone, but it is a great phone, one that I've grown addicted to, even with all its imperfections. Worrying about sales is silly, as Samsung is coming off the best selling phones in their history.
    gendo667, eric002, jjinal and 2 others like this.
    06-19-2017 05:13 PM
    What many people here fail to realize is that most people don't buy phones every six months like they do on this site. Many kept to a two year upgrade cycle because of the old phone contracts with phone subsidies. Now that contracts are gone many people are enjoying the savings on their wireless bill and don't see the need to finance new phones. I don't feel the need to rush out and buy a phone just because it is new. Phone prices are on the rise, so its not surprising that sales are off.

Also, I don't know if these numbers include corporate purchases, but in the USA iPhones pretty much have a lock on many corporate environments.
    pankaj981, Premium1 and Qc_Anubis like this.
    06-19-2017 05:56 PM
    Eh, we heard the same nonsense last year about the S7.

It's been 3 months. Get back to me at the end of the year and we'll talk. The S8 will sell just fine.
    gregg6942 likes this.
    06-19-2017 06:15 PM
    Eh, we heard the same nonsense last year about the S7.

It's been 3 months. Get back to me at the end of the year and we'll talk. The S8 will sell just fine.
    2 months really not 3,
    06-19-2017 07:10 PM
    2 months really not 3,
    Well yeah, kinda of... lol

The point is not everyone buys a new phone in April. The S8 will continue sell all throughout the summer, fall and holiday seasons.

I'm sure Samsung is feeling the heat from other OEMs all over. But that's actually to our benefit as consumers, keeping Samsung and everyone else competitive.
    erasat and sweetypie31 like this.
    06-19-2017 08:48 PM
    I wonder if the S8 Plus sales will hurt Note 8 sales since the Note 8 looks like it will be similar but maybe slightly bigger screen.

I say this because people have or will buy the S8 Plus because they want a big screen. These same people could have been Note buyers because they buy the Note line in order to have a big screen and Spen.

This is the first time they have made the main Galaxy S phone with a huge screen at launch. So it will be interesting to see what Note sales will be like.

Are you guys going to buy the Note 8 if it's like over $900 and the only main difference is the Spen on it? It sounds like it will basically be an S8 Plus with an Spen.

I don't think I will buy the Note 8 unless later in the year IF they have a killer sale on the Tmobile version or unlocked version. I might buy the Tab s3 if it goes on sale again but cheaper than $450. I'm hoping they come out with a cheaper 8 inch version of the Tab s3. I don't like Tablets with 9 inches and bigger screens. Might as well just carry my laptop around then.
    06-20-2017 01:36 AM
    The finger print scanner located on the back really doesn't bother me anymore and it seems faster than the S7 finger print sensor. I have facial recognition set on it but still find it faster to use the finger print scanner.

It's a non issue for me now. Also the iPhone 8 will still not be as good as the S8 and Note 8. Probably will still be stuck a year behind as usual with iPhone.

I'm glad I wasn't able to get the 7 Plus when I returned the Note. I was going to order it the day of pre sales but it was sold out. I like the s8 Plus a lot better!
    Eh it might have "lesser specs" but will still run more smoothly because of the tight control apple has. I mean the A10 chip in the iPhone 7 still crushes anything from Qualcomm and Samsung in terms of raw performance, with half the cores that are in the snapdragon and exynos chips. I think the iPhone 8 will look similar to the G6 and maybe have a FPS under the screen (or in the power button like some rumors have said)
    06-23-2017 09:27 AM
    Yea, I've used the iris scanner before but I wear contacts and without them in it won't pickup my eyes.

Apple just sucks. Period.
    I wear contacts and do not have this issue, with or without them in. Seems like an odd issue.
    06-23-2017 11:28 AM
    Eh it might have "lesser specs" but will still run more smoothly because of the tight control apple has. I mean the A10 chip in the iPhone 7 still crushes anything from Qualcomm and Samsung in terms of raw performance, with half the cores that are in the snapdragon and exynos chips. I think the iPhone 8 will look similar to the G6 and maybe have a FPS under the screen (or in the power button like some rumors have said)
    Specs aren't everything.... In real world usage it'll be hard to find any lag on the s8+ and benchmark don't mean anything in 2017 sure apple has better "benchmarks" but most people don't care or look at these (i even try to avoid them as they annoy the living hell outta me) apple has a more fluid experience because like you said they control everything but at the expense of the customers. That locked mentality will someday be their doom. (fact is there's reports that apple is starting to crumble since steve died)
    06-23-2017 04:41 PM
    Hate to say it, but I am most curious about the Note 7 for my lady. She has a Huawie that is 2 years old and a bit lagging. The Note 7 would have been perfect for her and she was keen on it until the explosions began.

If I could snag a new refurd of the Note 7 for under 500 i would get it for her. The Note 8 will be more fragile and she does not want fragile.

S8 for me, of course. That's what i ordered. Not the Plus. I hate giant phones and am so so sick of my 6S+. It's like having a 2x4 in your pocket.
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-23-2017 09:53 PM
    Specs aren't everything.... In real world usage it'll be hard to find any lag on the s8+ and benchmark don't mean anything in 2017 sure apple has better "benchmarks" but most people don't care or look at these (i even try to avoid them as they annoy the living hell outta me) apple has a more fluid experience because like you said they control everything but at the expense of the customers. That locked mentality will someday be their doom. (fact is there's reports that apple is starting to crumble since steve died)
    I understand benchmarks mean very little (I really don't even look at them), but over time, it seems that apple devices hold up a little better than really any android devices. I mean look at even the nexus/pixel devices with the issues they have. It isn't the hardware with android, it is the core software.
    06-24-2017 10:51 AM
    Hate to say it, but I am most curious about the Note 7 for my lady. She has a Huawie that is 2 years old and a bit lagging. The Note 7 would have been perfect for her and she was keen on it until the explosions began.

If I could snag a new refurd of the Note 7 for under 500 i would get it for her. The Note 8 will be more fragile and she does not want fragile.

S8 for me, of course. That's what i ordered. Not the Plus. I hate giant phones and am so so sick of my 6S+. It's like having a 2x4 in your pocket.

Yeah apple loves those huge bezels. Crazy you can get an s8 with a larger screen than the plus version of the iPhone and it is much smaller. Heck the s8+ is almost smaller than the plus iPhone and it has a huge screen.
    06-24-2017 10:52 AM
    I understand benchmarks mean very little (I really don't even look at them), but over time, it seems that apple devices hold up a little better than really any android devices. I mean look at even the nexus/pixel devices with the issues they have. It isn't the hardware with android, it is the core software.
    I agree apple came a long way,but saying there's issues everywhere with android i can't really agree on. Yes there is issues with stability and such,but i've never had anything really "deal breaking" in any of my past experiences either be it software or otherwise (i've used a device from just about every manufacturer available in canada). Only had 1 bad apple with android and that's a long time ago and it was a hardware failure (htc one s) exept that never looked at benchmark and never had anything go wrong.Overall i still think benchmarks are useless as apple fans will always buy iphones and android will always buy some kind of android devices. Benchmarks seem to only be good for "bragging rights" to say one device is better than the other.
    06-24-2017 11:08 AM
    I'm not surprised after seeing all the deals they're throwing at people. That was a big sign that sales were not what was expected.

I think it's due to the fact that Android users are not iPhone users. They will generally keep their phones way longer and won't rush to buy the next big thing. They tend to be less willing to spend a bunch of money just to have this year's phone.
    06-27-2017 08:14 PM
    On May 18, 2017, BGR.com published a headline that Galaxy S8 sales were on "fire" with over 5 million sold world wide.

Click bait. Color me skeptical.
    06-27-2017 10:19 PM
    And iPhones don't ever have issues ever once getting old? I guess I will tell my buddies they were seeing things :P.
    06-28-2017 07:57 AM
    And iPhones don't ever have issues ever once getting old? I guess I will tell my buddies they were seeing things :P.
    Never did I claim they don't. Compared to androids though they seem to hold up a little better over time.
    06-28-2017 09:01 AM
    Never did I claim they don't. Compared to androids though they seem to hold up a little better over time.
    From your perspective? Yeah I could see that. I definitely differ some .
    06-28-2017 09:15 AM
95 ... 234