Galaxy s8 sales

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
But what the article fails to miss is the Note 7. With that being taken off the market something had to fill that void. Some went to the iPhone. I think you'd be surprised this time next year with the numbers.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone has the US on lock. Most loyalists who have an iPhone will continue to buy Apple due to their ease of use, simplicity, familiarity, iMessage and FaceTime. It's keeps them locked into their ecosystem and every year Apple adds some blown up feature and markets the heck outta of it to keep them lining up

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
But what the article fails to miss is the Note 7. With that being taken off the market something had to fill that void. Some went to the iPhone. I think you'd be surprised this time next year with the numbers.
That's very true. Good point. We shall see what happens this holiday season, into next year of course.
The iPhone has the US on lock. Most loyalists who have an iPhone will continue to buy Apple due to their ease of use, simplicity, familiarity, iMessage and FaceTime. It's keeps them locked into their ecosystem and every year Apple adds some blown up feature and markets the heck outta of it to keep them lining up
Yup, most loyalists won't budge from any ecosystem no matter how locked down it is unfortunately. Sad, but true.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You beat me to it. Lol. The other side of it is the fact that the S7 and S7 Edge sold very well last year and continued to sell after the Note 7 debacle. That means you have a lot of Samsung users without an upgrade. I do think it's a recovery period for Samsung and apple definitely capitalized on the Note 7 issue.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You beat me to it. Lol. The other side of it is the fact that the S7 and S7 Edge sold very well last year and continued to sell after the Note 7 debacle. That means you have a lot of Samsung users without an upgrade. I do think it's a recovery period for Samsung and apple definitely capitalized on the Note 7 issue.
Yes also very true indeed. .

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site

I'm one of those Apple loyalist. I actually got tired of everything being locked down by Apple. So I finally came back to give Android another try. I ended up with the S8 Plus. Im really glad l did. I honestly think if people gave Android a try they would actually enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, Apple still makes a good phone but my 7 Plus is becoming more of a paperweight every day.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of those Apple loyalist. I actually got tired of everything being locked down by Apple. But I finally came back to give Android another try. I ended up with the S8 Plus. Im really glad l did.
Good for you. Honestly, the galaxy s8's are terrific phones. People are correct of course though, consumers are just "locked" into apple's ecosystem for such things as message, FaceTime, etc. Google is trying their best with certain platform apps , its just the sheer amount of users that's all. I'll never give into their locked down propriterariness though. Just saying.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes also very true indeed. .
Don't get me wrong, apple makes quality products and I have actually tried to use an iPhone once but it just wasn't for me. I really wish Google would make a universal messenger similar to imessage for Android. Allo was suppose to be it but no.

Apple had their fans as does Android.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, apple makes quality products and I have actually tried to use an iPhone once but it just wasn't for me. I really wish Google would make a universal messenger similar to imessage for Android. Allo was suppose to be it but no.

Apple had their fans as does Android.
Touche, me too. I am using Samsung messaging, which I do absolutely love.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Good for you. Honestly, the galaxy s8's are terrific phones. People are correct of course though, consumers are just "locked" into apple's ecosystem for such things as message, FaceTime, etc. Google is trying their best with certain platform apps , its just the sheer amount of users that's all. I'll never give into their locked down propriterariness though. Just saying.
Yeah, much to locked down for me. I don't want a company telling me how to use my phone, I want to use it how I want too.

coolioe93

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
This title is so misleading. The 3month period ending in April had more iPhone sales because the s8 was released on April 21st! Of course the iPhone had more sales, the s8 was only available to buy for like 9 days.....

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This title is so misleading. The 3month period ending in April had more iPhone sales because the s8 was released on April 21st! Of course the iPhone had more sales, the s8 was only available to buy for like 9 days.....
Very true. Even comparing year over year Samsung numbers isn't fair. The S7 came out earlier in the same time period than the S8.

These people that write these articles decide what they want the story to be and then write to the story rather than using facts to develop the true story. That's the media for you in 2017 no matter what the topic is.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Maybe one day we will have a solid universal messaging service but until then, there are plenty of apps to get you thru
Yup plenty of other apps at the moment for awesome looking themed out messaging. That's the other main idea that I've always been into.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That sounds pretty sweet
Check this out.
2f0b14db2ed85889678c48d6c6150b8a.jpg
be5579d347c33b79bb7bbb9f718b5bba.jpg

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Or maybe S8 is just not selling better than iPhone 7. Numbers never lie. This year or next year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante