Galaxy s8 sales

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't disagree more with that! There is nothing wrong with the s8 at all, as an owner of one I don't feel this product has been rushed at all. It has a balance of excellent build quality, great features and it all works really well in my experience. I don't quite understand your reference to eye unlock, there's no issue with that... It works as designed, as that form of technology works...

I don't think they released this to beat apple...I think it has however, renders of the iPhone 8 are hideous.

absolutely. Samsung wasn't rushed in releasing this phone, nor does it feel like it was rushed whatsoever. Fast, smooth, beautiful running Samsung Galaxy phone with the latest s/w on it, and IP 68 Water rating. Battery performance is exceptional. What more could you ask for.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
absolutely. Samsung wasn't rushed in releasing this phone, nor does it feel like it was rushed whatsoever. Fast, smooth, beautiful running Samsung Galaxy phone with the latest s/w on it, and IP 68 Water rating. Battery performance is exceptional. What more could you ask for.

Agree with most of this but not all, not really latest S/W, 7.1.2 was released on April, 7.1.1 more than 6 months ago and 7.1 about 8 months. One thing though, it has latest Samsung S/W on it, that's true.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Honestly Apple should be the least of their concern right now... Samsung's Android share is being threatened not by Apple sales more than other Android manufacturers making better Android phones and for every million phones they sell, it's a million less that would have gone to Samsung.

5-10 million G6s and V20s here, 5+ million OnePlus', 10+ million huawei phones, a few million Pixels... it adds up. LG, Moto, huawei, OnePlus, Google, etc... they are all making solid flagship spec'd phones.

I agree with you unfortunately. I mean I love my S8, but wow yes, companies are obsessed a little too much with the competition. Competition is a good thing to a degree, but not the way Samsung and Apple play it out.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Agree with most of this but not all, not really latest S/W, 7.1.2 was released on April, 7.1.1 more than 6 months ago and 7.1 about 8 months. One thing though, it has latest Samsung S/W on it, that's true.

Yes, you're right, however the ONLY android phone to have Nougat 7.1.2 on it technically is the Pixel or the Nexus 6P in the beta program. That's it. We'll have to see how long it takes Samsung to get Android O onto the S8's.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly Apple should be the least of their concern right now... Samsung's Android share is being threatened not by Apple sales more than other Android manufacturers making better Android phones and for every million phones they sell, it's a million less that would have gone to Samsung.

5-10 million G6s and V20s here, 5+ million OnePlus', 10+ million huawei phones, a few million Pixels... it adds up. LG, Moto, huawei, OnePlus, Google, etc... they are all making solid flagship spec'd phones.

Yeah true. The only thing is that the OnePlus phones aren't mass sold in the states; at least not to my knowledge they're not. LG G6, Motorola, and HTC phones are. The HTC U11 I've read reviews online about it are good but not great. Certainly not better than the S8. As for the LG G6, I've also read mixed reviews about that phone too. Some people say it's awesome, while others say that its good, but not great. I honestly was looking to buy the G6, the problem really came down to LG's UI skin. LG doesn't know how to make good efficient usage of the new screen real estate, and the bezel less design. Samsung's Touchwiz UI does a better job of that in my opinion. For ex. the resizeable windows not just the multi window panel but being able to resize any app into a smaller window is a huge benefit to me.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
wow. Well there are all these different and somewhat conflicting reports for smartphone sales, especially in the states.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
price drop on the s8, s8 plus

I'm wondering why the S8 has gone on sale so soon for only being out for two months. $100 off is a pretty big drop. Are sales hurting?

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Re: price drop on the s8, s8 plus

It's not worth the initial price, and will be blown away by iPhone later this year. I'm not an apple fan btw.
Besides that, there are several issues not everyone is suffering from, but many do. It's not a phone I recommend to my friends for example.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: price drop on the s8, s8 plus

I don't think sales are hurting, I think Samsung is trying to get as many sales as it can before the iPhone launches so this is why all of the sales we are seeing on the s8/s8+

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I have an s8+ and greatly satisfied with it didn't have any issues with it (appart from a slight redish tint on first boot but quickly fixed with the provided options),but i simply cannot agree with those saying that it's perfect as i think it's obvious that NO phone is perfect samsung wanted the fps on the home button but that wasen't ready and instead of releasing a beast phone they seem to went meh and put it on the back. Although i didn't have any issues lots and lots of people either old or new owners are still having several issues, and although i don't like apple at all i've barely heard anything bad about the 7 (could be that apple fans are dumb too but anyway). If they already lowered the price 100$ i'm glad cause that thing aint cheap after all and they will most likely sell more with that lower price.

NB : in canada my carrier is selling it about 200$ cheaper now actually so i'm a bit angry but oh well xD

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I don't think the phone is perfect. Sorry if I made it seem like that's what I meant as well. No phone is perfect, however, it performs fast, smooth overall, it has a great experience.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have an s8+ and greatly satisfied with it didn't have any issues with it (appart from a slight redish tint on first boot but quickly fixed with the provided options),but i simply cannot agree with those saying that it's perfect as i think it's obvious that NO phone is perfect samsung wanted the fps on the home button but that wasen't ready and instead of releasing a beast phone they seem to went meh and put it on the back. Although i didn't have any issues lots and lots of people either old or new owners are still having several issues, and although i don't like apple at all i've barely heard anything bad about the 7 (could be that apple fans are dumb too but anyway). If they already lowered the price 100$ i'm glad cause that thing aint cheap after all and they will most likely sell more with that lower price.

NB : in canada my carrier is selling it about 200$ cheaper now actually so i'm a bit angry but oh well xD

The finger print scanner located on the back really doesn't bother me anymore and it seems faster than the S7 finger print sensor. I have facial recognition set on it but still find it faster to use the finger print scanner.

It's a non issue for me now. Also the iPhone 8 will still not be as good as the S8 and Note 8. Probably will still be stuck a year behind as usual with iPhone.

I'm glad I wasn't able to get the 7 Plus when I returned the Note. I was going to order it the day of pre sales but it was sold out. I like the s8 Plus a lot better!

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
The finger print scanner located on the back really doesn't bother me anymore and it seems faster than the S7 finger print sensor. I have facial recognition set on it but still find it faster to use the finger print scanner.

It's a non issue for me now. Also the iPhone 8 will still not be as good as the S8 and Note 8. Probably will still be stuck a year behind as usual with iPhone.

I'm glad I wasn't able to get the 7 Plus when I returned the Note. I was going to order it the day of pre sales but it was sold out. I like the s8 Plus a lot better!

Out of curiosity have you tried the eye scanner ? Mine works a bit too well lolz through my normal and polarized glasses in the brightess sunlight or the darkess of nights face recognition didn't work for me but i do agree the fps seems faster than anything (didn't try the s7 but it's clearly faster than my note 5 and s6 for sure). Personally though i hate iphones i simply cannot accept that closed ecosystem mentality and i don't have any other apple products + i'd rather die than use itunes ahah :p

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yea, I've used the iris scanner before but I wear contacts and without them in it won't pickup my eyes.

Apple just sucks. Period.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The S8 isn't a perfect phone, but it is a great phone, one that I've grown addicted to, even with all its imperfections. Worrying about sales is silly, as Samsung is coming off the best selling phones in their history.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
What many people here fail to realize is that most people don't buy phones every six months like they do on this site. Many kept to a two year upgrade cycle because of the old phone contracts with phone subsidies. Now that contracts are gone many people are enjoying the savings on their wireless bill and don't see the need to finance new phones. I don't feel the need to rush out and buy a phone just because it is new. Phone prices are on the rise, so its not surprising that sales are off.

Also, I don't know if these numbers include corporate purchases, but in the USA iPhones pretty much have a lock on many corporate environments.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Eh, we heard the same nonsense last year about the S7.

It's been 3 months. Get back to me at the end of the year and we'll talk. The S8 will sell just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon