Galaxy S6 running Nougat. "Power Saver" in setting deleted majority of apps from my phone!

Dave Bayles

May 14, 2013
Visit site
A few evenings ago, I awakened the phone to find that Device Maintenance in Settings had opened an opportunity to increase battery life by making adjustments to the Power Saving Mode. I checked it out and was impressed with the increased level of battery time by setting the phone to "MAX." This turned out to be a HUGE MISTAKE. I went back to my phone later and approximately 75% of the apps I had on several pages, using Nova Launcher, were GONE! DISAPPEARED. HIJACKED. KIDNAPPED. Whatever you want to call it. I went back to Device Maintenance and changed the setting back to "OFF" and returned to the phone. No change. Apps were still missing. I tried to do a restore from Nova Launcher. No change. I tried doing restores from Samsung and Google. No change. Went to the Sprint Store. The tech tried what I tried without success. He looked up on Google and he told me that people are experiencing this problem, yet nobody has a solution to it?! WTF?! What am I supposed to do, repopulate the apps back onto my screens? At least they didn't get deleted back to the PlayStore. The apps are in my app drawer, but what a total pain in the A$$! It even moved all my Google Maps, Earth, Waze and other nav apps. I had those apps just were I wanted them, grouped onto pages for various reasons. Has this happened to anybody else? Does anybody have a solution. I'm calling Sprint Tech Support on Friday, from another phone of course. Geeez! Not a Happy Camper right now.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 running Nougat. "Power Saver" in setting deleted majority of apps from my phone!

This was on an S6 or S8? And you had exported your Nova settings before and then tried restoring from that file?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18