So last night, I hit the Bixby button on accident (which is a daily occurrence, super annoying). For whatever reason, the phone rebooted after that. Once it came back on, suddenly the AOD was enabled, the option for the battery percentage to be visible was turned off, my ringtones were reset to the default ones, and I had to set several settings back to the way I had them before because they were changed. Ummm any insight on this??
    06-16-2017 06:43 AM
    So last night, I hit the Bixby button on accident (which is a daily occurrence, super annoying). For whatever reason, the phone rebooted after that. Once it came back on, suddenly the AOD was enabled, the option for the battery percentage to be visible was turned off, my ringtones were reset to the default ones, and I had to set several settings back to the way I had them before because they were changed. Ummm any insight on this??
    This is the first time I've ever heard of a phone losing it's settings after a reboot.
    I'm not sure that what happened can be easily explained due to all the variables. We don't really know what caused the reboot. We don't know if the reboot cause the settings reset although it might be related.
    Sorry I'm not much help, but I certainly would be concerned if it happens again. How long have you had phone?
    06-16-2017 07:02 AM
    If this just started happening, I'd take a look at the most recent apps you've installed. Maybe it's some weird conflict going on.
    06-16-2017 08:39 AM
    Try clearing apps cached data and do a Wipe system cache partition, glitches like that one sometimes get fixed by this.
    06-16-2017 09:08 AM
    I've had the phone since about the middle of May. I'll be sure to wipe the app cache, I did do the cache partition last night. Super odd.
    06-16-2017 11:01 AM
    Don't you just love that Bixby button?
    06-16-2017 11:34 AM