Anyone coming from HTC 10 or M9?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The U 11 is not as good as I expected, specially for the audio part as it doesn't have a 3.5mm jack and the bundled adapter is perhaps very slightly louder than S8 but the sound quality is said to be better on the S8. Also the official U 11 is postponed till July in my country, only the grey market one is available right now and it costs a leg, +130$ compared to the S8 (grey market too)
So I am tempted again by the S8 which has undoubtedly the best screen in 2017, so here my questions for people coming from the HTC 10 or M9, and even actual S8 users:
-Are you afraid of screen burn-in? I usually use my phone's screen as Car dashboard to control music in my car so it can stay 1 hour with the screen activated, the HTCs LCD won't do any burn-in but what about Amoled of the S8?
-How's music on the earphone jack using your own iems? Are too far from HTC 10 and M9 audio power?
-How big are the chances to get a red tint screen nowadays?
-I always used my 10 in a Fiit VR headset for watching VR Movies, how's the S8 screen in a Fiit VR or BoboVR Z4?
-And of course do you regret getting the S8 instead of waiting for the U 11?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Really no one is coming from the 10 or M9?
I am super tempted by the S8, but last time I bought a samsung it was the S6 and it didn't last 2 weeks because I didn't like samsung software.
This time the s8 is a super sexy phone and I can get a great deal for a used one, much cheaper than what a U11 will cost me when it will be available in July (yep big delay here)

firedfoxd

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Jeff

I am/used to be a HTC person.
My last HTC was the M9 and that phone sucked so bad so if you are moving from the m9 to the s8/+ you will love the s8.

If you are moving from the htc10 I'm sure you aren't very comfortable trying to switch.
This UI is very clean but still laggy and sence while is still in its last legs doesn't lag as much.

now if you want a different point if view apart from the many reviews of each phone, YouTube "Jerry rigs everything

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!
I sold the 10, tomorrow I will get my friend's S8.
I can install Sense thanks to a XDa user who ported it for all phones but I will give S8's UI a chance after taking away bloats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci