06-17-2017 02:32 PM
37 12
tools
    What is the downside to participating in the program?
    Not sure there is one?
    06-16-2017 07:48 PM
    I signed up. I'm excited to see how this works. If it goes as planned I will use it more than Google.
    06-16-2017 08:04 PM
    They are basically getting you to sign up for and try to get you excited in a new program name to get features when in reality they are trying to make you forget that these features were suppose to be ready at launch and then later promised for spring and now no mention when the preview will launch.

Bixby Early Access Program. Translated... Bixby Beta Test Program.

Not sure there is one?
    06-16-2017 08:06 PM
    They are basically getting you to sign up for and try to get you excited in a new program name to get features when in reality they are trying to make you forget that these features were suppose to be ready at launch and then later promised for spring and now no mention when the preview will launch.

I don't think so at all. They were upfront and announced that it wasn't ready at launch. So cats? It will be ready when it's ready and it will be great or it won't. Being negative now doesn't even make sense.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-16-2017 08:24 PM
    Not trying to be negative... just after initial read of the program and thinking cool! ... then reading articles like below just made me realize Bixby is really still in beta and just stating what it is.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/16/...-preview-test/

I don't think so at all. They were upfront and announced that it wasn't ready at launch. So cats? It will be ready when it's ready and it will be great or it won't. Being negative now doesn't even make sense.
    06-16-2017 08:31 PM

No I think they ran into some issues and bugs they want ironed out before a global launch turns into potential disaster. I'd rather wait for a product that actually works.

I'm sure they would rather take the PR hit now, rather than the embarrassment of a poorly received nightmare, if it's rushed out defective. People would line up to bash them, and Bixby would be DOA
    06-16-2017 08:31 PM
    Google Assistant not smart enough.
    You're kidding, right..?

Bixby Early Access program-questions-answered-verbally-002-1-750x432.jpg
    Bixby Early Access program-percentage-answered-correct-all-5-002-1-750x431.jpg

https://www.stonetemple.com/digital-...ssistants-test

I actually want Bixby to do well... Competition is a good thing!
    06-17-2017 12:20 AM
    All the hoohah aside, did anyone notice you have to hold down the Bixby button?
    06-17-2017 10:22 AM
    I just tap mine to activate it. When I hold it down it does nothing on my AT&T S8+
    06-17-2017 12:59 PM
    As far as I know the only time the long press does something is if you have Samsung Keyboard as your keyboard and you are ready to type showing on any app, if you long press the Bixby Button it allows dictation.
    06-17-2017 01:06 PM
    I signed up for Bixby Early Access yesterday. I've actually never been a Bixby "hater," but I was disappointed that it was not released on schedule. I'm hoping Samsung will give us access to it sooner rather than later! I feel that this early access program is more of a way for them to remove any expectation that it will work well, while still delivering on their promise to release it in the Spring (i.e. before June 21). If anything, I've never expected excellence from Samsung software.
    06-17-2017 01:43 PM
    On the invite for the beta it said to hold the button. Don't know, don't really care, just passing along something I noticed. Egad.
    06-17-2017 02:32 PM
37 12