Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Google: Cardboard VR
Samsung: Gear VR Powered by Oculus

Google: Value Nexus Tablet
Samsung: Premium GALAXY Tab S2

Google basically tries to be the "first" and provide the basics, but others take their time and make it even better.
Yet, Samsung has only ever made one decent tablet, and it's a Nexus from like 2012. Amazon, Google and NVIDIA are the only 3 companies ever to have made a tablet worth buying that wasn't Apple.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yet, Samsung has only ever made one decent tablet, and it's a Nexus from like 2012. Amazon, Google and NVIDIA are the only 3 companies ever to have made a tablet worth buying that wasn't Apple.

I don't know what you're talking about. Nexus tablets​ are meant to be entry level, affordable tablets. The Tab S2 is a very good tablet; it's thin, fast, and beautiful. Very underrated tablet.

Amazon tablets are garbage. They're only meant for ebooks and watching exclusive Amazon Prime videos. They tried making a Amazon Fire phone and that was an embarrassment. Also, their OS is very limited, worse than Apple.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you're talking about. Nexus tablets​ are meant to be entry level, affordable tablets. The Tab S2 is a very good tablet; it's thin, fast, and beautiful.
lol :)

I'm referring to the Nexus 10 from Samsung. The only one they figured out how to make with proper software and proper buttons.

But all the S and Note tablets are weak on software, design, security, etc. They do tend to have nice screens though.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
They are basically getting you to sign up for and try to get you excited in a new program name to get features when in reality they are trying to make you forget that these features were suppose to be ready at launch and then later promised for spring and now no mention when the preview will launch. :confused:

Bixby Early Access Program. Translated... Bixby Beta Test Program. :-\

Not sure there is one?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
They are basically getting you to sign up for and try to get you excited in a new program name to get features when in reality they are trying to make you forget that these features were suppose to be ready at launch and then later promised for spring and now no mention when the preview will launch. :confused:

I don't think so at all. They were upfront and announced that it wasn't ready at launch. So cats? It will be ready when it's ready and it will be great or it won't. Being negative now doesn't even make sense.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Not trying to be negative... just after initial read of the program and thinking cool! ... then reading articles like below just made me realize Bixby is really still in beta and just stating what it is.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/16/bixby-voice-s8-early-preview-test/

I don't think so at all. They were upfront and announced that it wasn't ready at launch. So cats? It will be ready when it's ready and it will be great or it won't. Being negative now doesn't even make sense.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

No I think they ran into some issues and bugs they want ironed out before a global launch turns into potential disaster. I'd rather wait for a product that actually works.

I'm sure they would rather take the PR hit now, rather than the embarrassment of a poorly received nightmare, if it's rushed out defective. People would line up to bash them, and Bixby would be DOA

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
All the hoohah aside, did anyone notice you have to hold down the Bixby button?

As far as I know the only time the long press does something is if you have Samsung Keyboard as your keyboard and you are ready to type showing on any app, if you long press the Bixby Button it allows dictation.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I signed up for Bixby Early Access yesterday. I've actually never been a Bixby "hater," but I was disappointed that it was not released on schedule. I'm hoping Samsung will give us access to it sooner rather than later! I feel that this early access program is more of a way for them to remove any expectation that it will work well, while still delivering on their promise to release it in the Spring (i.e. before June 21). If anything, I've never expected excellence from Samsung software.