06-17-2017 02:32 PM
37 12
tools
    I know, I know, most of you hate the simple idea of Bixby, but for the rest that are willing to give it a try, Samsung opened today an Early Access program with limited entries to it so go ahead and try to get your spot here.

https://sso-us.samsung.com/sso/profile/bixbyepa#
    06-16-2017 12:12 PM
    I'm willing to try it out. And I'd bet money that some of the Bixby "haters" will be secretly signing up as well lol
    06-16-2017 12:15 PM
    I'm willing to try it out. And I'd bet money that some of the Bixby "haters" will be secretly signing up as well lol
    I still don't know what to think about it, but giving the new features it should have, it can be interesting and I can see myself finally embracing AI but only for the new stuff, if it really works, I'm not to interested in actual Google Assistant features, I used them once or twice and then simply forgot about them.

One thing I'm sure though, I'm not the kind of guy to hate on something that I haven't even tried, and that will be my mindset on this one, I hope I'm chosen because I've always loved to be beta tester whenever I can.
    gregg6942 likes this.
    06-16-2017 01:14 PM
    I'm signed up. I kind of doubt I will use it though. I don't think it is really targeted at the techie market. Most of us are already invested in, and used to, something else (probably Google Assistant). But the casual user may find it novel and helpful.
    06-16-2017 01:19 PM
    Argh, America first again...wonder when the UK will get a go.
    06-16-2017 01:25 PM
    Not going to hate it till I at least try it out. Definitely would like to test it out.
    06-16-2017 01:42 PM
    No thx :-x
    06-16-2017 01:56 PM
    "I'm never gonna use Bixby". One year later abandons Google search and asks Bixby all the questions.
    06-16-2017 02:57 PM
    I'm signed up. I kind of doubt I will use it though. I don't think it is really targeted at the techie market. Most of us are already invested in, and used to, something else (probably Google Assistant). But the casual user may find it novel and helpful.
    Google Assistant not smart enough.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-16-2017 02:57 PM
    Just signed up hope it works as well as Amazon and Google
    06-16-2017 03:01 PM
    Google Assistant not smart enough.
    You think Samsung has more user data then Google? :P.
    06-16-2017 03:10 PM
    Hater here! I got the email but won't be signing up. I still have never agreed to the "terms and conditions" to allow Bixby to load on my phone :P.

But in all honesty... It is not that I "hate" it .. I just have other things that use GA so I am just sticking with that.
    06-16-2017 03:12 PM
    Hater here! I got the email but won't be signing up. I still have never agreed to the "terms and conditions" to allow Bixby to load on my phone :P.

But in all honesty... It is not that I "hate" it .. I just have other things that use GA so I am just sticking with that.
    You've also been consistent through out. I suspect some others were playing the "me too" game just to pile on. Now we'll get to see who is consistent like you, and who suddenly changes their tune lol.
    Almeuit likes this.
    06-16-2017 03:22 PM
    You think Samsung has more user data then Google? :P.
    Yes, S Voice has been around for a long time, actually since 2012 when the S3 and Note 2 was out. Also, they have more Samsung owners than Google Pixel/Nexus.
    06-16-2017 05:33 PM
    Yes, S Voice has been around for a long time, actually since 2012 when the S3 and Note 2 was out. Also, they have more Samsung owners than Google Pixel/Nexus.
    And Google has been around a LOT longer. Google doesn't just pull from voice data . They also don't only pull from Google Pixel/Nexus devices. Google accounts are what drive their AI -- not just the voice... So everything the account gathers.
    06-16-2017 05:35 PM
    Google has around 4 billion users on mobile/desktop. Samsung has a couple hundred million.
    Almeuit likes this.
    06-16-2017 05:42 PM
    And Google has been around a LOT longer. Google doesn't just pull from voice data . They also don't only pull from Google Pixel/Nexus devices. Google accounts are what drive their AI -- not just the voice... So everything the account gathers.
    I'm not sure Bixby will be a direct competitor to GA. I think they will be able to coexist side by side as they offer different context. Samsung really only needs to pull from your device itself.
    06-16-2017 05:44 PM
    I'm not sure Bixby will be a direct competitor to GA. I think they will be able to coexist side by side as they offer different context. Samsung really only needs to pull from your device itself.
    From how they make it sound they want it to be your "all in" area so .. I could see it being a mix for sure. Not a device-only assistant.
    06-16-2017 05:47 PM
    Google: Cardboard VR
    Samsung: Gear VR Powered by Oculus

Google: Value Nexus Tablet
    Samsung: Premium GALAXY Tab S2

Google basically tries to be the "first" and provide the basics, but others take their time and make it even better.
    06-16-2017 06:01 PM

Google basically tries to be the "first" and provide the basics, but others take their time and make it even better.
    That is your opinion.. but that still doesn't mean they have more user data. You're going way off the path versus what I was talking about lol.
    06-16-2017 06:02 PM

Yet, Samsung has only ever made one decent tablet, and it's a Nexus from like 2012. Amazon, Google and NVIDIA are the only 3 companies ever to have made a tablet worth buying that wasn't Apple.
    06-16-2017 06:12 PM
    Yet, Samsung has only ever made one decent tablet, and it's a Nexus from like 2012. Amazon, Google and NVIDIA are the only 3 companies ever to have made a tablet worth buying that wasn't Apple.
    I don't know what you're talking about. Nexus tablets​ are meant to be entry level, affordable tablets. The Tab S2 is a very good tablet; it's thin, fast, and beautiful. Very underrated tablet.

Amazon tablets are garbage. They're only meant for ebooks and watching exclusive Amazon Prime videos. They tried making a Amazon Fire phone and that was an embarrassment. Also, their OS is very limited, worse than Apple.
    06-16-2017 06:30 PM
    I don't know what you're talking about. Nexus tablets​ are meant to be entry level, affordable tablets. The Tab S2 is a very good tablet; it's thin, fast, and beautiful.
    lol

I'm referring to the Nexus 10 from Samsung. The only one they figured out how to make with proper software and proper buttons.

But all the S and Note tablets are weak on software, design, security, etc. They do tend to have nice screens though.
    06-16-2017 06:33 PM
    What is the downside to participating in the program?
    06-16-2017 07:23 PM
    06-16-2017 07:43 PM
37 12