Confessions of a Chronic Cache Cleaner

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I admit it! I wipe the cache partition weekly and run device maintenance daily. I also clear individual apps cache sometimes and maybe their data too. I don't even care if some people say there's no reason to!!!

Am I the only clean freak out there??

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I definitely clear the cache at least once a week too. Lol. If you want to take your neurosis a step further, check out SD maid. It's not a task killer. It scans the phone for unused folders and crap that is left over from unistalled apps. I like to test out apps a lot so I'll download something and if I don't use it, I delete it. This seems to clean up a lot of that junk. It won't delete anything that is needed. I have a feeling you might like this app. Lol

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=eu.thedarken.sdm&hl=en&token=RmTB3a0u

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Leftovers from uninstalled apps is my biggest target. The thought of digital debris hanging around do nothing drives me crazy;)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I definitely clear the cache at least once a week too. Lol. If you want to take your neurosis a step further, check out SD maid. It's not a task killer. It scans the phone for unused folders and crap that is left over from unistalled apps. I like to test out apps a lot so I'll download something and if I don't use it, I delete it. This seems to clean up a lot of that junk. It won't delete anything that is needed. I have a feeling you might like this app. Lol

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=eu.thedarken.sdm&hl=en&token=h8skPn1g

wow that sounds awesome. That's my biggest pet peeve for my phone. I'll have to give that app a try myself. I don't have an SD Card in my phone though. I have most everything saved in my Google Cloud.

What I always do is keep my file manager hany, and manually go through all of my directories,and clean out junk files which i enjoy doing and keep everything clean and streamlined.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
wow that sounds awesome. That's my biggest pet peeve for my phone. I'll have to give that app a try myself. I don't have an SD Card in my phone though. I have most everything saved in my Google Cloud.

What I always do is keep my file manager hany, and manually go through all of my directories,and clean out junk files which i enjoy doing and keep everything clean and streamlined.
I've been known to delete the entire "Android" folder in My Files. It rebuilds itself when you reboot.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I reboot once a week. I clear cache only if an issue pops up or after a system software update.

I close all apps except Textra/Hangouts since I don't like clutter in my recent apps list. That is about it.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I reboot once a week. I clear cache only if an issue pops up or after a system software update.

I close all apps except Textra/Hangouts since I don't like clutter in my recent apps list. That is about it.
Lean without overkill. I like it.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I admit it! I wipe the cache partition weekly and run device maintenance daily. I also clear individual apps cache sometimes and maybe their data too.
I wouldn't want anyone to think such a practice is generally necessary, but it seems harmless if you don't mind doing it (or if you even enjoy the ritual).

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Hehehe saved me from typing. I do the exact same thing but leave default messaging app, whatsapp, and inbox for Gmail open. That's it.

Last edited:

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I restart once a day. phone is faster after and less Android goofiness after too.

I only do device maintenance if Samsung asks for it.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Would the increased read/write activity due to frequent cleaning lead to accelerated internal or external (SD Card) storage wear and tear?