Forgot PIN, S8+ won't power off without pin

A

AC Question

I forgot the pin on my S8+ and the instructions for a hard reset require a power off but phone requires pin to power off. Any suggestions on either recovering pin or getting around this catch 22 for power off and subsequent reset?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It isn't really a Catch 22-type thing, but a security method that assumes that the user will go to the trouble of making a note of such an important thing as a PIN or password.
You may be able to reset the PIN via Android Device Manager or any other device manager app you may be using.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Trying going to Google my devices. Use their option to reset device. I had to do that once after putting in a pattern and forgetting it immediately...might have been beer related....

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Interesting, I didn't know this. Seems like there would be some (physical) safety concerns with this. Like if the phone was so hot that it was a hazard and a stranger found it like that or the touch screen wasn't working, that you could turn it off. I don't miss the removeable batteries so much any more, but it was a piece of mind that if it was messing up, you could just pop the battery out.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Trying going to Google my devices. Use their option to reset device. I had to do that once after putting in a pattern and forgetting it immediately...might have been beer related....
Learn a good lesson the hard way? Please don't drink and set PINs, Patterns, or Passwords. Finger prints, IRIS, and face recognitions are OK. Just make sure they are yours.

Joking aside, your solution should work :). Did you figure that out the day after your 🍻? lol

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Learn a good lesson the hard way? Please don't drink and set PINs, Patterns, or Passwords. Finger prints, IRIS, and face recognitions are OK. Just make sure they are yours.

Joking aside, your solution should work :). Did you figure that out the day after your ??????? lol

It did work... In the end, took a few times using Google my devices before it took place and reset the phone.

Realised pretty quick, changed it to pattern and then couldn't get in! Never used pattern since... Sober or otherwise ☺️

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1