Durability / Breakability

A

AC Question

So I'm on the verge of getting S8 Plus...I've been with HTC for the last 7 years....but now I'm on the verge...the only reason I haven't jumped in with both feet is, durability of the phone.

I have never broke a phone, no cracked screens, nadda.
Seems like lots of people are cracking the back of the S8/S8+

Do i need to wrap this technological beauty in reinforced titanium to preserve it from the dangers of the world?
Is the beatific still alluring, if the world cant see it?

Has anyone not cracked/scratch broke their phone after having it for awhile, or do i need to wrap it up with protection all over?

Like I say ....I'm on the verge. Do I jump? Help me decide

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Go for it, if you have never cracked a phone before then you will be fine with this.

It's all glass, no matter how strong they make it... Glass is glass so if dropped it may crack. If you take care of your phone then you should be fine.

I've had it a month or so, brilliant device, never dropped it , careful through... Never dropped my iPhone either... Saw a few of them dropped through never with happy results.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The back of my s8 is cracked. I am not sure how because I had it in a pelican case from day one so i bought an otter box defender. Love the phone though.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
My + suffered a 4.5 ft drop onto hardwood flooring last week and came away unscathed. As stated, it is glass so you need to take care but the narrative that this phone is incredibly fragile and not up to real world abuse is false.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Coming from s7 to s8 plus with only a case on both never an issue I alway carry insurance for those times we dread. I don't feel the phone is fragile at all.

thigginskc

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Yes this phone is durable, but only if you have a case on it. I had my s8 for a month, took it to the pool and if fell into the 3 foot kiddie pool and cracked the screen. Now I keep it covered at all times.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
So I'm on the verge of getting S8 Plus...I've been with HTC for the last 7 years....but now I'm on the verge...the only reason I haven't jumped in with both feet is, durability of the phone.

I have never broke a phone, no cracked screens, nadda.
Seems like lots of people are cracking the back of the S8/S8+

Do i need to wrap this technological beauty in reinforced titanium to preserve it from the dangers of the world?
Is the beatific still alluring, if the world cant see it?

Has anyone not cracked/scratch broke their phone after having it for awhile, or do i need to wrap it up with protection all over?

Like I say ....I'm on the verge. Do I jump? Help me decide

Never cracked or dropped a phone either (exept iphones oddly enough)
i just bought a cheap 20$ plastic case for grip and ran with it nothing drastic on my end so i'd say you'll be fine but if you have an ocd with micro scratches you might want to be sure about it as i've heard most screen protector are a bit crap for the s8.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It's pretty durable. I use a case and a liquid glass screen protector. Mainly because we camp fairly often or go to the beach (we live in Hawaii), that and the fact I've dropped every phone I've ever used at least four or five times... each.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC