iCloud email?

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
iCloud has been awful on anything outside of iOS for me for months. Doesn't work on my Samsung, doesn't work on Windows either, just throws up errors.

Good luck getting it to work, I've switched to Gmail as iCloud is useless for me now.

moseylevy

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
You might need to check two factor Auth and get an app specific password.

I also use hop email which has an icloud specific account setting. Still requires me to get an app specific password via appleid.apple.com

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been getting bullied and discriminated by Apple over using an iCloud e-mail on Android and third party apps; making it very difficult to be a viable email option for me at this point. Frankly, I don't think it's worth the hassle.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting bullied and discriminated by Apple over using an iCloud e-mail on Android and third party apps; making it very difficult to be a viable email option for me at this point. Frankly, I don't think it's worth the hassle.

Elaborate please. I use iCloud without any issues on my S8+, and did on the Pixel before it. I have never had any issues whatsoever.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
The iCloud email has been working for me on my android and Windows devices for more 6 years without a u issues. But this week it started saying invalid username password. I can access it using iOS devices but nothing else. It briefly worked yesterday and problem.returned now.

Seems like there is an issue with iCloud server connecting with other devices

Sent from mTalk

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You might need to check two factor Auth and get an app specific password.

I also use hop email which has an icloud specific account setting. Still requires me to get an app specific password via appleid.apple.com

Just an FYI for people having problems, this post is 100% correct. For security purposes apple now requires two factor authentication and app specific passwords for third party email apps.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Considering that apple doesn't make any Android mail apps, I'm not quite sure what your point is.

The point has been made on this thread already, which you obviously missed.

You need to create new app specific passwords for it to work apparently. I just can't be bothered. I need simple stuff that just works.

I already have like 24 character account passwords generated by 1password and if I were truly paranoic I'd download an encrypted email app from the store.

At the end of the day I just want to read my emails and not have to deal with SMS, phone calls, two passwords or courier authentication to do just that.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

You need to create new app specific passwords for it to work apparently. I just can't be bothered. I need simple stuff that just works.

I already have like 24 character account passwords generated by 1password and if I were truly paranoic I'd download an encrypted email app from the store.

At the end of the day I just want to read my emails and not have to deal with SMS, phone calls, two passwords or courier authentication to do just that.

Then that's on you. It works, you just don't want to do it.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

You only have to do this once. This is a security feature that Microsoft also recently did with Outlook.com/Hotmail. It's irritating, but it's just once and it makes things more secure.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

24 ? That's it? Sheesh. I have well over 100+ on my LastPass lol ;x.