Gear VR audio lag

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else been experiencing problems with some VR games in Oculus having audio lag? One of the games that came free, Alien Traffic Jam or whatever it's called, has this problem. So does a game called Slice amd Dice. Also, another one of the free games that came with the Gear VR, Endspace, is simply unplayable. It seems to be incompatible with the Gear VR in that the spaceship you are supposed to pilot is uncontrollable and it just spins.

Is there some setting I need to change or is this just Oculus and Gear VR incompatibility issues?

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you using Bluetooth headphones for the audio? I've been using the Gear VR with Netflix, Kodi, 3D movies and a game or two without issue.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
When I used my new set of bluetooth headphones many of the games had a massive stutter issue. This seems to be a pretty old bug with the engine the games used. Just have to stick with wired connections for now. :(

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Are you using Bluetooth headphones for the audio? I've been using the Gear VR with Netflix, Kodi, 3D movies and a game or two without issue.

No, I'm using plug in ear buds. By audio lag I don't mean a delay. I mean a slowing, like the audio is going in digital slow motion. It gets slow, low, and distorted.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
When I used my new set of bluetooth headphones many of the games had a massive stutter issue. This seems to be a pretty old bug with the engine the games used. Just have to stick with wired connections for now. :(

Even though I'm using plug in earbuds, I'll try to turn off Bluetooth altogether to see if that does anything, even though it won't be paired with anything at the time.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Nah you will need Bluetooth for you controllers. Can't help ya for wired issues, are you using headphones with a mic? Mine do not so the phone is not in "headset with mic " mode.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Nah you will need Bluetooth for you controllers. Can't help ya for wired issues, are you using headphones with a mic? Mine do not so the phone is not in "headset with mic " mode.

No, these don't have a mic. But I turned off Bluetooth to test another flaw in another game, Endspace. The spaceship just spins out of control. Looking up solutions it says not to connect to a game controller and the gear controller togethet. I never had it that way, but I turned off Bluetooth and the spinning stopped. I wasn't able to use the controller but the game worked with the visor touchpad. So I wonder if some of these games are incompatible with the S8 and Bluetooth 5.0. I wonder if this is the root of the problems.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site

I'm using the akg headphones that came with the phone, which has a mic, with the gear VR... Zero issues.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for repeating myself, but have you played Alien Traffic Jam, Slice and Dice, or Endspace?

Crap, I'm sorry ... I must have misinterpreted your post and didn't realize those were the only games you're experiencing the issue with. I have not tried these games yet. I thought you were having the issue for everything... Netflix, games, etc... My bad.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Hey, endspace and the vr controller don't mix, it never stays centered. Just use look to steer or get a gamepad.

Ah! I've been back and forth with the game maker over email and they said it should work with the VR controller. They were baffled that it didn't and said that I MUST have some other controller connected. I'll try to use a PS3 controller or something but I looked up how to do it and it doesn't seem like I'm going to be allowed to do it. It's not that big of a deal, but it's just one of those things that bothers me because it should work.