So the other day out of the blue I noticed that suddenly I have a black navigation bar on my home screen for Nova. At first I thought that it was the result of an update I received from ATT. I immediately switched back to touch wiz a d there is no black Nav bar just transparent as I have always had it. Switched back to Nova and it's black. Finally after going through Nova settings and not finding a reason why. I deleted and reinstalled Nova and boom it's gone. Now it's two days later and it automatically just returned. Switched back to TouchWiz and it's transparent there still. Not sure what's going on. Anybody ha e any ideas? Attached are screenshots with and without Nova. The Nova set up has the black nav bar.
    Attached Thumbnails S8 plus black nav bar in Nova-6818.jpg  
    06-17-2017 03:34 PM
    I only see one screenshot, but concerning your issue i know some features don't work in 3rd party launchers (like being able to choose a custom color for your nav bar) unfortunately first time i've heard about this,it's most probably a nova issue though imho.
    06-17-2017 03:57 PM
    Go to Nova Settings > Look & Feel. Check that "Transparent notification bar" is enabled.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-17-2017 04:00 PM
    Go to Nova Settings > Look & Feel. Check that "Transparent notification bar" is enabled.
    That was it. Thanks. I hadn't changed anything from set up either time so I'm not sure why it decided to do it all of a sudden by itself. It seems to have happened each time a changed a wallpaper, so maybe that automatically triggered it in Nova.
    06-17-2017 04:53 PM
    That was it. Thanks. I hadn't changed anything from set up either time so I'm not sure why it decided to do it all of a sudden by itself. It seems to have happened each time a changed a wallpaper, so maybe that automatically triggered it in Nova.
    Glad that was it. And yes, I've had a setting change on me a couple of times when an update installed.

Cheers
    06-17-2017 04:56 PM
    Doesn't help me. The top bar is barely visible!! The transparent setting doesn't change anything.
    06-17-2017 05:58 PM
    Unchecked dark icons. That worked.
    06-17-2017 06:00 PM
    Well mine switches to black automatically on Nova and also stock TouchWiz launcher. It may be a bug, is anyone else having this issue?
    06-19-2017 08:37 AM
    What are the advantages of Nova over stock launcher?

Curious, have Nova downloaded but missing what the benefits of this are.
    06-19-2017 08:41 AM
    Open nova settings (especially prime) and you'll see a whole list of options that you do not get with the stock launcher. The options are self explanatory.
    06-19-2017 08:45 AM

Open Nova settings and take a look for yourself. Plenty of obvious advantages with Nova over the stock launcher.
    06-19-2017 08:50 AM

Only reason I'm using Nova is a) vertical scrolling app list and b) no notification badges
    Wbutchart1 likes this.
    06-19-2017 10:53 AM
    Open Nova settings and take a look for yourself. Plenty of obvious advantages with Nova over the stock launcher.
    That's not really an answer to my question at all... But thanks anyways....

Anyone else that chooses Nova over stock and why?
    06-19-2017 11:24 AM
    That's not really an answer to my question at all... But thanks anyways....

Anyone else that chooses Nova over stock and why?
    To that, firstly, more customization with icon packs. Secondly, available to hide multiple icons from folders and open folder with a swipe (much nearer. Then there's gestures. Swipe down to open app search, pinch out to open maps (that's how I have it set up anyway. Google now integration. Better wallpaper selector (samsung makes it ever so hard to set up live wallpapers). Multiple docks via swipe. Better widget placement including pudding to fill the screen. Its the little things that count. You have much more flexibility. If you don't care about stuff like that, you're good to go with the stock launcher.
    Wbutchart1 likes this.
    06-19-2017 11:33 AM
    Plus swipe up actions on icons, sub-grid positioning, backup, Nova Actions and the powerful Activities, easy locking of desktop, different styles for notification badges (with or without Tesla Unread), etc, etc.
    Wbutchart1 likes this.
    06-19-2017 11:39 AM
    Mod note. C'mon folks, let's keep the discussion civil and on topic, please. Some posts have been deleted to keep this thread more productive. Thanks.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    06-19-2017 12:41 PM