YouTube live stream?

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
On my s7 edge I had a live stream feature in my camera app. I can't find it on my s8. Am I missing where it's at? Or is it not available on the s8?

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I can't find it in the app. One of the camera options on the s7 was 'Live Broadcast' which would sign you into your YouTube app and start live streaming... Clearly with s8 samsung removed it. If someone knows where in the YouTube app live broadcasting is please let me know. I've searched via Google didn't help.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
You have to have 1000+ subscribers to stream through the YouTube app. I didn't know that you could do it on the S7 through the camera app.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Ya you could. It was nice! My daughter has a s7 edge still and 'live broadcast' is there and functional. Not sure why it's not on the s8.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know why this feature was removed? I'll grant that with the ubiquity of live streaming on Facebook and Twitter it's become a bit superfluous. But it would have cost Samsung literally nothing to retain the feature, and I'm sure Google was paying them to support native live streaming. Seems pointless to take this away.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Anyone bother to check the galaxy app store? Last few Samsung phones have had additional modes to download for the camera, not everything comes preinstalled because it saves space.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Anyone bother to check the galaxy app store? Last few Samsung phones have had additional modes to download for the camera, not everything comes preinstalled because it saves space.

I didn't see it. But I'll check again. There is the option of just copying the RTMP address of a YT Live event that you have set up. And then use an app that streams via RTMP. But there's only a handful of those apps, and they all kind of suck in one way or another.