06-27-2017 08:10 AM
77 1234
tools
    I agree there are a lot of ridiculous threads; not all of them are intending to troll, etc. though. Some members of the forums are more passionate than others and/or more vocal about their opinions. The S8 is going to be a magnet for those because it's the most popular Android device in the markets that we serve and by far the most popular section of the forums. It's one of the only devices that almost everyone knows something about, like it, love it, don't care or hate it - most people have an opinion one way or another about it. The goal would be to have everyone feeling like they can share those opinions, positive or negative, in a productive and respectful manner that positively contributes to the discussion.

The difference between, "hmm, that's an interesting point; I disagree with this part..." and "FUFUFUFUFU TROLL GTFO and DIE!!!" are night and day.
    Thing is what i mean by free hate is sometimes people don't think before posting and just go here to say it's plain ****e (sorry for bad language) that's what i mean by free hate , Then these same people either make a second thread or just get here again to say no one wants to help. I'm sorry but if no one has the ability to help an issue you have dosen't mean we don't want to it's probably because it's not well knowned or we have no idea how and instead of doing a google search/asking samsung directly, they come here and simply say the phone sucks with no point or logic to make out of their threads.

In other words if you hate the phone it's totally fine but at least express your opinion with logic and points to discuss, this is a forum after all not a free hate speech one, so don't expect people to just stand by while you say their favorite phone this year is crap as we all know that never ends well.
    06-21-2017 10:48 AM
    In other words if you hate the phone it's totally fine but at least express your opinion with logic and points to discuss, this is a forum after all not a free hate speech one, so don't expect people to just stand by while you say their favorite phone this year is crap as we all know that never ends well.
    True, but as Almeuit was alluding to, even when people are being suckbeasts, the moderators still expect every one replying to it to still conduct themselves in a civil manner. It's one of the frustrations with being a moderator, because you get person A is getting close to the line saying whatever and then person B comes and crosses the line in a reply and the moderators have to address person B, when it's clear to everyone that person B wouldn't have done their dumb stuff if person A wasn't stepping so close to the line.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-21-2017 11:01 AM
    True, but as Almeuit was alluding to, even when people are being suckbeasts, the moderators still expect every one replying to it to still conduct themselves in a civil manner. It's one of the frustrations with being a moderator, because you get person A is getting close to the line saying whatever and then person B comes and crosses the line in a reply and the moderators have to address person B, when it's clear to everyone that person B wouldn't have done their dumb stuff if person A wasn't stepping so close to the line.
    Exactly why i refused a post for trusted member lol.
    I have patience but dealing with these on a daily basis i just can't, so i applaud moderators and everyone doing so on these forums. Well that and also the fact i'd have to pretty much be here all day (which i don't want to 0.0).

Might still consider it someday if the opportunity comes back and if i can be active and not here checking posts all day :P
    06-21-2017 11:05 AM
    No. You responded that there were a lot of things to hate about the phone.

And I'm sorta concerned that you can't just come out and admit that you didn't mean to suggest "there's a lot of things to hate" about a phone.

We'll have to leave it at that as you seem to be more concerned with twisting and wriggling over the meaning of well defined words fully established in the English language than you are to actually discuss your opinion about the phone. Again, you said there's lots of reasons to hate the phone, and I asked you to clarify that. I wasn't looking for butthurt, I was just looking for a list of items that you considered "hate-worthy" so we could discuss them.

Good day.
    Are we really bantering on .. about what you can or can't "hate" (versus dislike) about a phone? Really? That is happening? Let's stop the semantics game now.

You're on a tech enthusiast forum so bringing in comments such as "people have nothing else to worry about in life" is honestly .. crap. This forum literally is for this kind of thing. For nerds to nerd out on the good/bad of tech. If you don't want to participate that is fine but taking a thread completely off the rails on what you think someone can or can't "hate" because of their "life" is beyond ridiculous. You have no idea what they're going through and TBH .. They can hate or love/like or dislike whatever feature they want. Let's not play semantics on words just to start stuff in a thread when it is extremely unnecessary.

We all know what the OP meant and we responded how we felt/our opinions about said device (in this case the S8).
    06-21-2017 11:12 AM
    I still say if you want to see phone hate and I use that term loosely..... come over to the LG threads or one of the LG review blogs.
    06-21-2017 11:16 AM
    Man i gotta say i love moderators here XD ahah
    You guys are awesome so thumbs up for y'all :P
    Also mike if you read this i will! you made me too curious 0.0
    eric002 likes this.
    06-21-2017 11:30 AM
    as always in this game there will always be haters and I have a feeling most of the negative comments made about the S8 and S8plus are from IPhone users.

personally the S8 and S8 plus are the best on the market at present.

the battery life is brilliant now I've set it up I'm getting around 24 hours use out it the finger print sensor is fast and being left handed is very easy to use the camera is brilliant on it.

but these are all personal to us I'd just wish the haters stayed away in fact I wish the mods would delete them they hold no value to what's being said yes ok people will have issues or groans that's fine but haters just stay away.
    eric002 likes this.
    06-21-2017 01:11 PM
    as always in this game there will always be haters and I have a feeling most of the negative comments made about the S8 and S8plus are from IPhone users.

personally the S8 and S8 plus are the best on the market at present.

the battery life is brilliant now I've set it up I'm getting around 24 hours use out it the finger print sensor is fast and being left handed is very easy to use the camera is brilliant on it.

but these are all personal to us I'd just wish the haters stayed away in fact I wish the mods would delete them they hold no value to what's being said yes ok people will have issues or groans that's fine but haters just stay away.
    Everyone has the right to express their opinions wether it be positive or negative if they want to hate and do it in a civil/logicall manner i don't see what's the problem the only "problematic" is when there's no logic and it basically says it sucks. Then mods have to get in there because ofc it attracts everyone to hate the Op writting that. I get some get frustrated because of all the issues the s8 was plagued with but writting that kind of stuff when you're angry won't help anyone and especially not the one writting it.

In other words hating is fine unless there's no logic or point being made,or if it's not done in a civil way.
    06-21-2017 01:30 PM
    Everyone has the right to express their opinions wether it be positive or negative if they want to hate and do it in a civil/logicall manner i don't see what's the problem the only "problematic" is when there's no logic and it basically says it sucks. Then mods have to get in there because ofc it attracts everyone to hate the Op writting that. I get some get frustrated because of all the issues the s8 was plagued with but writting that kind of stuff when you're angry won't help anyone and especially not the one writting it.

In other words hating is fine unless there's no logic or point being made,or if it's not done in a civil way.
    You're absolutely right. . Whenever I comment to people it's not only mature but it's professional to. I have years of experience dealing with people and smartphones and Technology. I know how it is and how it can get unfortunately.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-21-2017 01:32 PM
    Yeah there's always going to be negative comments about phones. All phones have haters. No phones escape this. But some phones are more visible than others. Which is why Apple and Samsung get the most hate. Besides the more expensive a phone is, the more liable it is for hate. "Why buy a s8 when you can get the oneplus 5 for $200 less or whatever." Is a popular refrain you'll see.
    06-21-2017 02:18 PM
    And sometimes people just love to throw a stink bomb onto a forum, and sit back and watch the fireworks.
    eric002 and sweetypie31 like this.
    06-21-2017 03:31 PM
    Yeah that's for sure, unfortunately . I know we can all be very opinionated regarding smartphones, but still...
    06-21-2017 03:32 PM
    I saw a lot of people dislike the S8 and talk about bad performance about the phone.

I am not a Samsung fan boy but I think S8+ is the best phone and also the best looking phone right now. I never had any performance problem , no random shut down or any problem.

I will stick with this phone until I see the phone that have better looking and I can't go back to the phone that have big top and bottom hazel anymore..

Any thought?
    "I will stick with this phone until I see the phone that have better looking.."

The thing is this phone prioritizes the appearance more than anything else, which can be frustrating for some. For example, with the "beautiful" curved glass, people are having an extremely difficult time installing screen protectors and cases due to the curved screen. I agree, it is a very good phone with one of the best cameras, but there are some things that are annoying about the S8 like the fingerprint scanner placement and the Bixby button placement, all because they want to make sure the phone looks beautiful. People just have to get used to it and this is what all Samsung phones will be like in the future.
    06-21-2017 03:40 PM

Agreed. It's more like constructive criticism which is good because it helps manufactures build a better product. Not gonna just say it's a perfect phone when there are some flaws. I'm still a Samsung phone although I currently have an LG phone. Been using Samsung since the Galaxy S2 and beyond.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-21-2017 03:45 PM
    I have to tell you since getting my S8 Plus. It has been a great phone since day one. I am an Apple user in general but I must say that Samsung stepped it up with the S8 Plus. I also own the iPhone 7 Plus so I can compare phones side by side and the 7 Plus feels outdated next to my S8 Plus. I'm glad to be trying android again. It was a pleasant surprise from my last experience with it which was the S5.
    Qc_Anubis and tr1ad like this.
    06-22-2017 04:08 PM
    "I will stick with this phone until I see the phone that have better looking.."

The thing is this phone prioritizes the appearance more than anything else, which can be frustrating for some. For example, with the "beautiful" curved glass, people are having an extremely difficult time installing screen protectors and cases due to the curved screen. I agree, it is a very good phone with one of the best cameras, but there are some things that are annoying about the S8 like the fingerprint scanner placement and the Bixby button placement, all because they want to make sure the phone looks beautiful. People just have to get used to it and this is what all Samsung phones will be like in the future.
    Unfortunately i'd have to disagree on that one as most of these "issues" you pointed out are subjective.
    I for one never use a screen protector and never had issues with any of my screens,fps could be better placed but overall not a deal breaker for me as i can easily use it. Bixby is the same thing i never touched it by accident. Sure the phone looks good but it's not all looks it's a performance beast if you know what you're doing with it (or if you're lucky like me and don't get a lemon out of the box). I never looked at phone "beauty" as i'm much more a function over form and samsung's phone always worked perfectly for my usage.

In other words if you don't like it don't buy it so you don't have to hate it.
    Nb: i know you come from an s8 if i remember correctly and went with a g6 which i find the better looker of the 2 tbh but still prefer the s8 for my own usage.
    06-22-2017 04:39 PM
    I have to tell you since getting my S8 Plus. It has been a great phone since day one. I am an Apple user in general but I must say that Samsung stepped it up with the S8 Plus. I also own the iPhone 7 Plus so I can compare phones side by side and the 7 Plus feels outdated next to my S8 Plus. I'm glad to be trying android again. It was a pleasant surprise from my last experience with it which was the S5.
    I'd have to agree with you there.
    anon(9602380) likes this.
    06-22-2017 06:31 PM
    I hate nothing about the s8plus. there are some things I don't like, like the fact that I can't rock it without some kind of case or skin Cuz it's so slippery, but that's just nitpicking. this is my 4th samsung device (s4, note 4, s7edge) and they've just gotten better with each generation. the jump from the Note to the s7edge was huge, but s7edge to s8plus not so much. with that being said, I'm keeping my options open to try an iPhone next. they are so snappy and efficient, but I'll miss the ability to customize my phone. or I'll have galaxy S9plus!
    06-22-2017 09:30 PM
    I know I'm a little late... 5 days to be exact, but as an owner of both an S8 plus and Lg G6 I have some pretty strong opinions on why the S8/plus is getting such a bad wrap. Primarily because I feel it deserves it. Believe me, i want to like it... Hell for 800 plus dollars, I want to love it. Unfortunately, I just don't. Right now it is collecting dust in my desk drawer. I don't even use it as a paper weight. I think for some, it is a wonderful device. I think it all depends on what you use your phone for. I need a device that multi - tasks flawlessly. I need to keep multiple things open at all times and be able to switch back and forth between them without them closing and losing what I was doing within them individually. That has to do with RAM management. The S8 is not optimized for optimal RAM management. It is throttled so that apps close quickly in the background. Most likely to preserve battery life due the amazing display Samsung uses for these devices. It is awesome but without compromising in another area the battery life would be absolutely horrible as the display would suck it try within a few hours. Throttling the RAM increases the battery life. For someone who just uses the device for multi media consumption, games and the decent camera, it probably is an amazing device. However, if you need it for work related performance and multi tasking is important to you, it is basically useless. The more you ask of it, the worse it performs. That's why some people, like myself, are experiencing things like random power cycles and app crashes. This is actually pretty normal device behavior when you start asking a lot from your device. After all, these are just phones and sometimes we expect too much from them. The reason why there is such an outcry from this happening with this particular device is because of the way it is marketed and the way it is priced. If you are going to market your device as the smartphone Messiah and then price it as such, it better perform accordingly. The S8, unfortunately, does not. Don't feel sorry for Samsung, they will still sell umpteen million of the things and believe me they know exactly what they are doing. They market like no other company and put their devices in a beautiful shell. The public eats it up and then a few of us get pissed off because we fell for it. It's called good business and they are one of the best at creating a mediocre device that looks like a priceless gem and then selling it as if it is a priceless gem. If only it truly was. My LG G6...it doesn't look like a gem, but it does everything my S8 can not as well as everything it can and it does it all for about 200 dollars less. Go figure...
    06-25-2017 07:31 PM
    I know I'm a little late... 5 days to be exact, but as an owner of both an S8 plus and Lg G6 I have some pretty strong opinions on why the S8/plus is getting such a bad wrap. Primarily because I feel it deserves it. Believe me, i want to like it... Hell for 800 plus dollars, I want to love it. Unfortunately, I just don't. Right now it is collecting dust in my desk drawer. I don't even use it as a paper weight. I think for some, it is a wonderful device. I think it all depends on what you use your phone for. I need a device that multi - tasks flawlessly. I need to keep multiple things open at all times and be able to switch back and forth between them without them closing and losing what I was doing within them individually. That has to do with RAM management. The S8 is not optimized for optimal RAM management. It is throttled so that apps close quickly in the background. Most likely to preserve battery life due the amazing display Samsung uses for these devices. It is awesome but without compromising in another area the battery life would be absolutely horrible as the display would suck it try within a few hours. Throttling the RAM increases the battery life. For someone who just uses the device for multi media consumption, games and the decent camera, it probably is an amazing device. However, if you need it for work related performance and multi tasking is important to you, it is basically useless. The more you ask of it, the worse it performs. That's why some people, like myself, are experiencing things like random power cycles and app crashes. This is actually pretty normal device behavior when you start asking a lot from your device. After all, these are just phones and sometimes we expect too much from them. The reason why there is such an outcry from this happening with this particular device is because of the way it is marketed and the way it is priced. If you are going to market your device as the smartphone Messiah and then price it as such, it better perform accordingly. The S8, unfortunately, does not. Don't feel sorry for Samsung, they will still sell umpteen million of the things and believe me they know exactly what they are doing. They market like no other company and put their devices in a beautiful shell. The public eats it up and then a few of us get pissed off because we fell for it. It's called good business and they are one of the best at creating a mediocre device that looks like a priceless gem and then selling it as if it is a priceless gem. If only it truly was. My LG G6...it doesn't look like a gem, but it does everything my S8 can not as well as everything it can and it does it all for about 200 dollars less. Go figure...
    While I respect your opinion, I also own both devices and could not disagree more. The only think my S8 can't do is a wide angle second camera.

Other than that, both phones are fast and reliable and I don't have a single issue with RAM on this device.

It's the snappiest phone I've ever used, and that includes the G6.

Different strokes...😊
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-25-2017 07:40 PM
    Interesting view @jsu122
    06-25-2017 08:06 PM
    I saw a lot of people dislike the S8 and talk about bad performance about the phone.

I am not a Samsung fan boy but I think S8+ is the best phone and also the best looking phone right now. I never had any performance problem , no random shut down or any problem.

I will stick with this phone until I see the phone that have better looking and I can't go back to the phone that have big top and bottom hazel anymore..

Any thought?
    They must not own the S8 IMO. The S8 is one of the best devices I have ever owned with top specs that actually work the way they should. I tried the device in Best Buy and I was hooked goodby apple.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-25-2017 08:34 PM
    They must not own the S8 IMO. The S8 is one of the best devices I have ever owned with top specs that actually work the way they should. I tried the device in Best Buy and I was hooked goodby apple.
    Not necessarely that they haven't owned the phone but like any models coming out these days there's always bad apples/lemons that come out aswell the pink tint issue affected alot of people and for the price they probably paid i'd be mad too,although i haven't experienced anything major outside of the usual android stuter from time to time not everyone's that lucky

On another note welcome to the club hope you like the s8 down the road too !
    06-25-2017 08:41 PM
    I might be in the minority but I think the discourse on this forum has been exceedingly civil. Particularly given the Apple forums and, yes, I'm talking about AppleInsider.

I don't think that pointing out that the Pixel, for instance, is smoother is snark. Just an accurate observation. I I wouldn't trade my S8 for any other device but pointing out real problems as they arise is hardly trolling.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-27-2017 12:56 AM
    Forgive the typos: "is not snark".
    06-27-2017 12:58 AM
77 1234